my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivodisms..the new language slang......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivodisms..the new language slang......
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted August 30, 2002 00:48     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While I'm waiting for news like everyone else out there, I thought I'd come up with this slighly goofy idea which is not meant to be taken too seriously...on previous albums Voivod came up with great uses of "nonsense" slang/words spliced together to create an idea...It's 2002 and things should be a little more "futuristic" so I came up with some 21st-century slang. List your own..for example-"technify"-Someone who endlessly describes the virtues and specifications of computer equipment./"don't be so virtual".."he/she's so virtual"-another way of saying phony or fake/"maybe plan a-1 should be to make a b line out of here"-taken from the Negatron album-to describe a dangerous situation/imminent danger..."little ms.nano/there's mr.nano"-describing someone who's a perfectionist-retentive/"what's up with the persona?"-another way of saying just be the real you/don't be fake..."why the bug-eye?"-a response to someone who's staring at you intensely..
 |  IP: Logged
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted August 30, 2002 03:40     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutronboy2000:
While I'm waiting for news like everyone else out there, I thought I'd come up with this slighly goofy idea which is not meant to be taken too seriously...on previous albums Voivod came up with great uses of "nonsense" slang/words spliced together to create an idea...It's 2002 and things should be a little more "futuristic" so I came up with some 21st-century slang. List your own..for example-"technify"-Someone who endlessly describes the virtues and specifications of computer equipment./"don't be so virtual".."he/she's so virtual"-another way of saying phony or fake/"maybe plan a-1 should be to make a b line out of here"-taken from the Negatron album-to describe a dangerous situation/imminent danger..."little ms.nano/there's mr.nano"-describing someone who's a perfectionist-retentive/"what's up with the persona?"-another way of saying just be the real you/don't be fake..."why the bug-eye?"-a response to someone who's staring at you intensely..

lol i like technify and dont be so virtual

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 30, 2002 05:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The One Inside Makes a Sign" - breaking wind
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 30, 2002 07:21     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
neutronboy, will you be kind enough and contact me please!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 30, 2002 11:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take (someone) to the black bridge (le pont noir): scoring. Like, "yo, check out that chick, yesterday I took her to the black bridge, maaaaaaan!".

Okay, okay, that wasn't good... Maybe next time.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 01, 2002 04:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A: For world destruction, be blown up in flames. See polluted oceans, de-cease of disease.
NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Game show quiz I never want to take.

Hey Neutron where the HELL is all the local metal in Houston?? Rudyards? Cardi's? Axiom? It sucks here...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 01, 2002 21:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If someone is staring at me i usually call it HAWKeyeing,like when a hawk hones in on its prey.on the other hand i seem to hawkeye alot myselfe and theres this curse i have of undressing every woman i see with my eyes
Oh a few things i almot forgot about modern day slang..

YO! = MAN
HOE! = OLE LADY
DAWG = DUDE
JONK = usually an ITEM of interest
MY BAD = SORRY
DOPE = HEAVY
NUGS = BUDS not sifty
PHAT = KILLER
ect,ect....

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 03, 2002 16:58     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boom Boom = Fuck
Budweiser = Deficient
Corona = Rat Piss
Perc (shortened from percolate) = Having to take a dump.
"Prairie Dogging It" = see above.
"Showing a turtle head" = see above.

What can I say, Blacker than Blacky's extremly perverse older postal worker brother The Big Val Dougski was in town last weekend and taught me some new words and phrases...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 04, 2002 05:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always preferred "I'm touching cloth" as a way to express the need to shit. Although I don't think Snake ever used that as a lyric!!! Maybe it was on Negatron...
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted September 11, 2002 03:10     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear Infusion-sorry for the delay.As far as a metal scene, I don't know if that really exists but there were quite a few local/out of state acts that came here-I was impressed by MASTODON/HIGH ON FIRE at Rudz back on July...NILE played with ORIGIN and ARCHENEMY at Cardi's-ARCH
did a in-store at Sound Exchange(I passed on the show-too much $$). There are some local metal acts that play at Mary Janes' ocassionally. CANNIBAL CORPSE is coming back w/MORTICIAN(I think at Cardi's) but on the downside-SWEET NIGHTMARES-local metal/death/punk show on KPFT was taken off the air-that totally sucks. I wish KREATOR/DESTRUCTION/SODOM would do a Houston date on the upcoming tour..if they play Austin instead-I'll still go. I hope this helps ya a bit Nuclear.........

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 16, 2002 08:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

LOL! Here's my list of admittedly far-fetched propositions:

"The books are burning up" - It's hot in here
---
"Will I be the catch of the day?" - Can I have sex with you?
---
"Someone's changed the formula" - I'm lost
---
"I was not made to smile" - That's not funny!
---
"We are connected" - I agree
---
"Psycho transformer" - Piggy
---
"Restart fear program" - Play that Celine D. disc again, please
---
"User of the dead hand" - A person whose handshake feels like a cold fish
---
"The unknown knows" - I don't know!
---
"No sun for the grey children" - A home for the demented
---
"Shell of sub-matter" - MacD. food
---
"Noxious nourishment" - same as above
---
"Acid rains fall forever" - I've got to pee
---
"The grand master of fast purification" - Diarrhea
---
"Vapour-ville!" - A toilet
---
"Fuck off and die!" - Goodbye! See ya!
---
"Dimension Hatröss" - A bad hangover
---
"The president's coming" - I've got to take a dump
---
"High pressure inside me" - same as above
---
"I'm now able to push those spirits outside" - same as above
---

Ok, gotta stop...too many references to body functions A good subject, neutronboy!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 16, 2002 10:42     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
"Will I be the catch of the day?" - Can I have sex with you?

LOL
quote:
"I'm now able to push those spirits outside" - same as above

*spirits*!!? LOLOL

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted September 16, 2002 12:09     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

"High Pressure, Inside Me"

also breaking wind, perhaps quite vigorously

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 18, 2002 02:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutronboy2000:
Nuclear Infusion-sorry for the delay.As far as a metal scene, I don't know if that really exists but there were quite a few local/out of state acts that came here-I was impressed by MASTODON/HIGH ON FIRE at Rudz back on July...NILE played with ORIGIN and ARCHENEMY at Cardi's-ARCH
did a in-store at Sound Exchange(I passed on the show-too much $$). There are some local metal acts that play at Mary Janes' ocassionally. CANNIBAL CORPSE is coming back w/MORTICIAN(I think at Cardi's) but on the downside-SWEET NIGHTMARES-local metal/death/punk show on KPFT was taken off the air-that totally sucks. I wish KREATOR/DESTRUCTION/SODOM would do a Houston date on the upcoming tour..if they play Austin instead-I'll still go. I hope this helps ya a bit Nuclear.........

Thanks for the info, Neutron. I kind of figured there was no metal scene here in Tejano-land (making vomiting noises). There sort-of was back in '95-'97 when I used to go to Area-51 and hang with my friends in "Ground Zero". The ex-Alice Cooper guitarist (18, etc.) used to jam there, also drummer from King's X. On an off-night me and some friends said "five dollars is too steep" to go in so we jumped that back porch, and that fat-fuck bouncer grabbed my friend and yanked his ass out. He weighing as much as me and my friend combined, I said "you better not fuckin' grab ME like that" and dumbfuck did so I punched him in the throat. Well, he slung me across the parking lot (with a hard-on probably) and before his ego-"no"-testical lard ass cound butt fuck me, the owner (dude from Hollister Fracas) ran out there and basically told him he was an idiot and promptly told my friend and I "sorry" and offered us free admission from then on. I always got a kick out of reminding that fat-ass that we "did" sneak in and now we're being let in free because of his stupid ass. By the way if you know this whale tell him I said Hi. LoL
Oh-well I kind of went off there but at least the "Engine Room" has some killer acts sometimes. Rock ON!!!
...Oh yea I used to listen to "Sweet Nightmares" on and off since '89. I "coincidentally" started tuning in again on Sept. 11 2001, and that was the darkest fuckin' show I had ever heard! I've never met those guys but they were always funny because "StitchFace" and "The Master" would always argue about why power metal or pure thrash was better than the other. I agreed with the thrash always. Sucks that the show got canned.

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted September 18, 2002 03:27     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vain...came up with quite a few cool slang terms for the lyrical excerpts..excellent! I'll return with a few more....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan