my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Motorhead & Anthrax play Wembley 19th October (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Motorhead & Anthrax play Wembley 19th October
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2002 14:50     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I'm sure as fuck up for this!!

Anyone else? h? Jethro?

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 29, 2002 05:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep... I'll be there... shitty venue though. Last time I saw motorhead, they were fucking killer! Which was surprising as they've been getting steadily worse every other time I've seen them! Musta seen this band more times than any other. Time to dust off my motorheadbangers t-shirt!!
I've still haven't seen anthrax with John Bush. I'm looking forward to that, as I think he's got a cool voice. I'd love to hear him yelling along to Madhouse and A.I.R!!!!

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 29, 2002 05:36     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wembley is indeed a shit place. Mmmnnn - don't know about this one guys - definately two bands I'd like to see again but......Wembley?
What's the chances Anthrax'll end up doing a one off somewhere else in London? Pretty strong I'd say.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2002 05:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Anthrax with Bush as the singer is the best thing they could have done. He sounds great and has more power and style then the previous 2 vocalists that were in the band, and can deliver the goods on the old songs.

ENJOY the show ...you lucky bastards!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 29, 2002 06:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Schroeder on this one.

Hey maybe all the Brits could have that Guiness drinking contest at the show. Please somebody videotape this!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 29, 2002 06:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah - all they serve at Wembley is warm Hoffmiester. Shitty venue, I agree, but still...come on, Jethro!

And Guinness is perhaps a bad choice for when you want to jump around in a pit - it's too heavy. I learned this to my cost at a The Cardiacs gig last year.

Not that I'm trying to avoid the competition!

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 29, 2002 06:58     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted August 29, 2002 08:52     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i am curious where is wembley?
and where is king_kula??

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 29, 2002 08:57     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spawn_of_SATAN_666 of all people should know where Wembley is ....
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 29, 2002 10:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Motörhead's also coming to Săo Paulo, September 27th, and I'm sure in it! It's a shame Anthrax can't come together...

John Bush fits Anthrax better, that's for sure, but Joey-era songs are far better...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 29, 2002 10:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definately agree with you there. That's why I'm looking forward to hearing Bush sing the old tunes. Have to admit to rating 'Only' from Sound of White Noise though. Mainly cause all the girls danced to it in my local bar when I was a lad!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 29, 2002 13:36     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah - it can't touch Among The Living!

I got Vol.8 The Threat Is Real and...well, it's not my most played CD. It sits there at the bottom of the pile gathering dust alongside Negatron.

Still, I'll have to get al my old Motorhead vinyl albums out the loft that I bought with my pocket money.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 29, 2002 14:29     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Among the living was great !(apart from "indians" and even that had the cool "wardance!" bit ) .
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2002 20:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the old stuff but I definitley think Volume 8, The Sound Of White Noise, and Stomp 442, kick-ass!!! Belladonna could have never sung any of these songs without them sounding dated and like rehashed Anthrax. I love the fact that they mix it up more and and write a variety of styles. Scott even steps up and sings on some cool tunes. Anthrax (IMHO) has continued to evolve and explore as a band instead of writting the same ole stuff, and that's what I like about them...Bush is a huge bonus and a great frontman.

I'm dying to hear the new material.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 30, 2002 05:40     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta say Spreading The Disease works best for me. If Bush sang on that album it would have ruled even more. Let's face it, Belladonna was a bit of a nonce! Did anyone hear his solo project? I steered well clear of it myself! I'll just remeber him for the good ol' days!
"Young and free, something you'll never be!" cool.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 30, 2002 05:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H, You were smart to avoid Belladonna's solo cd's ...being a huge Anthrax fan I purchased the first one when it came out expecting something cool, but was totally disapointed with the crap that was on it...garbage!!! I found the 2nd cd for $2.00 and bought that one because I was curious to hear it...what a waste of $2.00. Both cds contribute NOTHING to the music world.

Scott Ian's lyrics 'made' Belladonna a good singer!!! Jon Bush's voice make Ian's lyrics GREAT songs, and from the live recordings I've heard with Bush, you will NOT be disapointed.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 30, 2002 06:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea h, wasn't Belladonna's solo group aptly named "Bella Donna"? What's his fascination with atropine? (LoL).
I think the whole "Bring the Noise" let's-do-this-New York-thing with Pubic Enema was way cheese. IMO that was somewhat of a sell-out. (SHIT,it was big-time selling out!!!)

EFILNICKUFECIN

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 30, 2002 06:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I gotta say that the whole 'bring da noise' thing was when my interest in them started to fade. It's been revitalised by the John Bush stuff though. I know a load of people who thought the rap / hip-hop crossover thing worked, but that sure ain't my cup of tea, chief! Although I do remember the opening bars of that tune having a killer double bass drum death metal intro. That rocked... or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
But I imagine that all that stuff was still better than Prima-donna!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 30, 2002 08:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I liked Belladonna! Prefer the first guy, though.

I heard that the bass player on Belladonnas solo stuff was John 'Big J' McCoy, ex-Gillan band and Mammoth.

Big fat bald fucking huge bass player, and also my Dad's old flatmate!!

I may be wrong, however. Do you think John Bush will wear full armour?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 31, 2002 00:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter Do you think John Bush will wear full armour?[/QB]

Well, it is England. But I don't think he is a saint anymore!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 31, 2002 06:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunatley McCOY didn't play on either cd...maybe he heard how bad it was going to be and said 'forget it'.

Don't get me started on how fucking awesome Gillan is!!! The man is a myth and a legend, and the Ian Gillan band put out some incredible albums and McCoy was certainly a BIG part of that group...'sacre bleu'!!!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted August 31, 2002 11:18     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do you guys think Wembley is a
shitty venue? Is it because it is too large
or something, like our big arenas over
here?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 01, 2002 14:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, lets see:

1. You get treated like an animal by the brainless fuckheaded sterwards.

2. Shitty warm weak beer that costs far too much

3. Terrible sound that is so bad it has obtained legendary status for badness.

4. Nasty, far from civilisation area (locals hate you)

5. run down, extremely dodgy looking seating stands.

6. other.

over to you...

Personally, I'd go see a band at the Astoria any day. Not 'So Solid Crew', though, not unless I'd brought my bullet proof jacket with me. And lost all sense of musical taste, of course.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted September 01, 2002 14:19     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha ha ! I think "21 seconds" refers to life expectancy at one of their gigs.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 02, 2002 05:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno why they don't put this on at Brixton Academy or something. Wembley sucks arse. Although it's mildly better than Earls Court, but only because that place has a p.a. that sounds like donnington during a hurricaine. The Astoria is a cool venue though. The Marquee is re-opening soon too. Might have to venture into there and check it out. Maybe Voivod can christen the place with it's first metal gig!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan