my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For all you Britny fans...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For all you Britny fans...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 28, 2002 12:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BRITNY FOX Prepare To Record New CD - Aug. 27, 2002

BRITNY FOX are set to enter the studio in October to begin recording their new CD, due in spring/summer 2003 via Spitfire Records. In related news, BRITNY FOX guitarist Michael Kelly Smith will issue a full-length CD with his band RAZAMANAZ via Perris Records in October. According to an official press release, the album — which was recorded in the early/mid 1990s — "features 15 tracks in the early AEROSMITH, THE CULT, BRITNY FOX vein!" Tracks included on the RAZAMANAZ CD are: "Feel It", "Urgency", "In The Dust", plus "amazing" covers of KISS' "King Of The Night Time World" and AEROSMITH's "Seasons Of Wither".

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 28, 2002 13:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All one of them? lol...
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 28, 2002 14:32     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess that this is big news to some people, but the question "WHY?" keeps repeating itself over and over in my head. Unless, I'm grossly misinformed, they contributed nothing of substance or even a fresh angle to a tired theme.

Is their still an audience for this music?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2002 14:55     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NIA - meow!

I thought it was going to be about Britny Spears. I am so disappointed. She is like really cool? Yeah? Christina Agulizard is like SO OVER, huh?

Anyway so I'm in this record store and I'm thinking, shall I buy the Britny CD or the DVD of Glitter? The Maria Carey film disaster, not a documentry on paedophiles.

So anyway I'm weighing them up then I thought fuck it all and bought the Venom anthology and the Alec Empire CD instead. They are both equally unlistenable, much as I imagine the Carey film is unwatchable.

Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted August 28, 2002 18:17     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear, I have to say I'm quite surprised. And I thought I was the only BF fan on this board. Well, I guess not. Good to know I'm not alone.

I too am excited about their new release. I was there from the beginning and I'll be there until the end. But I have to tell you that Dizzy wasn't too pleased. I now have to sneak his Vette out of the garage everytime I go to see Tommy over at the studio. Nuclear, I'm sure you were wondering the same thing we all were: When is he gonna cut those bangs?? Well, I got him drunk one night and it was clip, clip, clip time with the scissors after he passed out. Let us say he wasn't too pleased with my little contribution(and he doesn't know a damn thing about cosmetics). He chased me out of the room the next morning with a Les Paul which ended up in the front seat of Dizzy's vette(he had the nerve to bust out the windshield with it trying to get at me). MEN and their emotions!!!!

Nothingface, you ask the silly question, why is this band so important. The answer is simple. They defined the Glam era in metal. Nobody was more glam. And it all had to do with the magic of Dizzy's musicianship really. Not only was he a singer but also something of a literary figure like Dylan or Cohen. Read this and realize GREATNESS:

Gudbuy t' Jane, gudbuy t' Jane she's a dark horse if she can.
Gudbuy t' Jane, gudbuy t' Jane painted up like a fancy young man.

She's a queen, can't you see what I mean.
She's a queen, see see she's a queen and I know
She's alright, alright, alright, alright.

There's so many levels there that he's operating at its hard to imagine where's he really at. But he's there, believe me, he's there.

See ya at the Britny Cafe forum Nuclear!!!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 29, 2002 00:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha I have an autographed cassette of them somewhere. Didn't they play "at the girls' school, my baby broke all the rules"?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 29, 2002 11:31     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm missing something somewhere...and I'm glad.
ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted August 29, 2002 11:46     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahaha...Britny, you rule....just the fact that you're here warms my anarchist heart.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan