my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » tour rumor...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tour rumor...
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 25, 2002 14:42     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(found on voivod.com), original post:

http://www.metalmaniacs.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003493.html

US tour Jan.2003 possible line-up

Strapping Young Lad
Nile
Crowbar
Napalm Death
Voivod

|  IP: Logged
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 25, 2002 17:07     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(with Newstead)...mmmmmnnnnnn.......
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 25, 2002 17:20     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, the "with Newsted" sounds bogus...

of course, for the european tour Crowbar shall be replaced by Bolt Thrower -

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted August 26, 2002 03:06     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it would be great but i dont believe it.

1= very rare that 5 bands of that status tour together in america, mega rare.in europe its usual business but not in america!

2= from day one it says that jason will only play on the album and will not tour. sources very close to voivod told me so as well.i even think away told me that at the weekend extrem but im not 100% sure if he did.

and how will they work it out. jason will have a tour bus for himself like in the metallica days(each member had their own tour bus)and all the members of voivod will follow the jason bus in one small van!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 26, 2002 06:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, ha. Maybe if they're lucky Jase will let them on occasionally to watch DVD's and drink champagne in his jacuzzi.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 26, 2002 08:44     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Voivod guys will be honoured to select the groupies for Mr. Newsted.
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted August 27, 2002 00:25     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he he - just read that Newstead's left Echobain, so maybe he's got some spare time............
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 27, 2002 01:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is his Back better?? Or did he keep on headbanging in Echobrain???
Queenraper
VoivodFan
Member # 94

posted August 27, 2002 12:27     Profile for Queenraper   Email Queenraper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of unbelievable rumours, More than a few industry sources have revealed to me that VoiVod will be joined in the studio by hip-pop group OutKast, to record a more contemporary version of the VoiVod song "the outcast", with the African-American duo taking over on vocals. Apparently, VoiVod's management hope that this song does for VoiVod what teaming up with RunDMC did to vitalize Aerosmith's careers.
I am told that OutKast were introduced to the band by Jason Newstead, who became friends with the rap group after "giving both of them the best blow jobs they ever had, backstage at the grammy's in 1999".

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 27, 2002 12:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh, care to reveal your industry sources? That might give your rumour a little more credibility.
Queenraper
VoivodFan
Member # 94

posted August 27, 2002 12:56     Profile for Queenraper   Email Queenraper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This chick I'm layin' the nuts to told me all this. Her boyfriend used to play drums in Wrathchild America.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2002 13:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Queenraper:
This chick I'm layin' the nuts to told me all this. Her boyfriend used to play drums in Wrathchild America.

Hey, where are you from.

Wrathchild America was one of my fav bands when I lived in Baltimore and would go see them whenever I could. Was her exboyfriend Shannon Larkin (fuckin psycho drummer)? Or Jamie Miller who replaced Larkin after the band became Souls at Zero and Larkin went to Ugly Kid Joe and did most of the drumming for Glen Tipton's solo album?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 27, 2002 13:08     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"layin' the nuts to" ????

ROTFL!!!!!

Queenraper
VoivodFan
Member # 94

posted August 27, 2002 13:12     Profile for Queenraper   Email Queenraper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scroder, don't I feel like a ass now! (because I am)
I do share you're enthusiasm for Wrathchild America, however, everything else I wrote in this thread is complete bull-shit, no matter how much I wish it were true, especially the part about Wrathchild's drummer's girlfriend having an affair with me. Please, forgive me in Jesus' name.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 27, 2002 13:12     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"layin' the nuts to" ????

It takes a lot to make me laugh, but this was just too damn funny. I snotted my shirt with this one.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2002 17:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Queenraper:
Scroder, don't I feel like a ass now! (because I am)
I do share you're enthusiasm for Wrathchild America, however, everything else I wrote in this thread is complete bull-shit, no matter how much I wish it were true, especially the part about Wrathchild's drummer's girlfriend having an affair with me. Please, forgive me in Jesus' name.

Hey, you still didn't give me any info as to where you are locatred. Your desciption says the 51st state!?! Is that Washington DC or Cuba!!!
I'm just curious because you mentioned Wrathchild so you must know some of the other local bands from that area and time.
MUSEUM OF FEAR previously known as APOLLO RA
MYSTIC FORCE
RANCID DECAY latter known as THE RANCID
HAVE MERCY
TENSION
GUNGA DIN
LIQOUR BIKE

com'on who the hell are ya?

Queenraper
VoivodFan
Member # 94

posted August 28, 2002 12:21     Profile for Queenraper   Email Queenraper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately, I have never heard of any of these bands. I live in Canada, always have, and got into Wrathchild after seeing the video for "surrounded by idiots" on the Pepsi Power Hour or whatever MuchMusic.
I heard that Larkin's career took off after Wrathchild: you think drumming in Ugly Kid Joe wouldn't be a bad gig (plus that Tipton shit too), he went up another rung to pound the skins for ultra shitty Cali rock-pop-metallers Amen.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 28, 2002 13:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved Wrathchild... i remember 3-D was a little tougher to get into (than Climbing the Walls - which is still a masterpiece, mind you), and now it's definately my favorite.

3-D MAN!
3-D MAN!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 28, 2002 18:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUKIN-A
Some wrathchild america fans right here on my favorite forum...I feel like I'm at home here.

Have you guys heard the SOULS AT ZERO material? Incredible. They released a self titled cd, an ep 'six t six' (both with larkin on the skins) and then their swan song release 'a taste for the perverse'. All on Energy records. These guys should have been as successful as Pantera (who they're friends with from way back) but never got the proper lable support. I wish they were still making records

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan