my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dyoxen

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dyoxen
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 25, 2002 00:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone else know who this band is? DYOXEN
About five years ago while meandering through a local record store I stumbled upon this 25 cent (quarter of a dollar) tape that had a cool cover and wasn't used, entitled "First Among Equals". I said what the hell and poured out all my change and bought the booger. When I got home I popped the tape in the deck and BAM- that's the best goddamm 25 cent tape I'm ever going to come across!!!
The music is somewhat power music but leans heavily on the thrash side. It was recorded around 89-90 and here's the catcher: In the credits SPECIAL THANKS is given to "Mike Amstadt, Away, Piggy, Blacky, and Snake (Voivod)". Also saying much appreciation for helping record the album and the hospitality. It was recorded in Montreal at Studio Victor.

My point is really to find out what happened to them (this being their only release), and to say that the album is awesome and that Voivod had alot to do with it.

|  IP: Logged
ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted August 25, 2002 00:41     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i saw them opening up for DBC in montreal. they were from toronto i think.

i know the singer/guitar player live in california now. one guy from dbc is still in touch with him.
i know dbc consider that guy to replace gerry for their reunion show but im not sure if it will happen.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 25, 2002 01:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When was that show? Is the singer/guitarist Steve Sinclair? I've heard that name before I think...
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted August 26, 2002 19:22     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the biography of the band Dyoxen
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2002 17:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, I followed the link and ended up going to the MP3 page for the band ONE TRIBE and I'm listening to the song 'Esoterica' and it's cool as shit!!! Lots of influences bleeding thru this track.
King Kula, Mezcal, X-D, and Mean Mr Mustard, you guys need to check this shit out. Anyone else with an open mind for something diverse should also give it a listen.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2002 00:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad I could help out.

))

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2002 00:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Vacarmes. I kinda knew they broke up but I still think they rock.
Mike Amstadt
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1229

posted October 05, 2010 00:49     Profile for Mike Amstadt   Email Mike Amstadt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi
Dyoxen gave out thanx to myself and Voivod for several reasons .
I recorded and produced the album at studio victor .
They forgot to mention that on the album cover ...
seriously pissed me off at the time .I use to mix Megadeth live and Dyoxen wanted that Megadeth sound .
They thanked Voivod , because I borrowed part of Aways drum kit for the session . I was the live sound engineer for Voivod at the time .

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 05, 2010 02:26     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, 8 years later. That's got to be some kind of records, ha.

Mike Amstadt! Welcome to VVF.com! I am massive fan of RrroooaaarrR!!! and your production work on that album! Mucho respect sir.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 05, 2010 20:10     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First Among Equals is an excellent piece of thrash history. I have a demo somewhere if I can find it. If anyone wants to hear it, let me know.

NP: Bullets: Combat Records comp

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 05, 2010 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody must have posted files of this album online at some point because I have a cdr of it that I forgot about until I reread this thread. Playing it now. Good stuff. Killer job with the sound Mike.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted October 06, 2010 09:10     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow, this sounds really interesting - i'd like to hear it. if anyone decides to upload it that would be rad!
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 06, 2010 10:21     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can hook you up, dot.
I'll be home all day today and work on it.

Greg

--------------------

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 06, 2010 12:26     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's my email addy.

gergeef@gmail.com

Hit me up and I'll hook you up, it's ready to go.

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted October 06, 2010 19:40     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome news! i've sent you an email
Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted October 07, 2010 23:30     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhm! the link doesnt seem to work
where can I find anything from these guys?

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 08, 2010 11:52     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Send me an email, machina.

gergeef@gmail.com

Greg

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted October 10, 2010 14:08     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just wanted to give a BIG thank you to greg for hooking me up with this. i've been slaying it all morning, and it seriously rules. thanks man!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 18, 2010 16:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Amstadt:
Hi
Dyoxen gave out thanx to myself and Voivod for several reasons .
I recorded and produced the album at studio victor .
They forgot to mention that on the album cover ...
seriously pissed me off at the time .I use to mix Megadeth live and Dyoxen wanted that Megadeth sound .
They thanked Voivod , because I borrowed part of Aways drum kit for the session . I was the live sound engineer for Voivod at the time .

NO fucking WAY!!! Mike Amstadt HIMSELF!!! Well thank you for the explanation, I don't care if it's 8yrs later haha. That would piss me off too if I wasn't mentioned for PRODUCING something, let alone recording it. I still like that album to this day.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 18, 2010 16:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, I found this blog, somebody familiar on the left there?

This is a DEMO btw

http://horriblenoise.blogspot.com/2009/09/dyoxen-apocalyptic-dreams-demo.html

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan