my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » System of a down

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: System of a down
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 23, 2002 09:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, i bought System of a down cd Toxicity yesterday and it blows me away totally.
Short and brutal songs the way i like them. Cool singing voice. Nice quitars and drums.

How do you feel about this nice band???

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 23, 2002 09:59     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Toxicity too and I really like it. Most people dismiss them as "nu-metal" but the musicianship the band shows clearly puts them above that category. I really like Serge's voice too. A friend of mine has their first CD and it's very good. I think I might copy it from him.
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted August 23, 2002 11:52     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I first got into System of A Down when i bought their first CD last year. After buying Toxicity I think the first one may be slightly better but they are both great albums. Good use of dynamics and chemistry of all the instruments and voices together.

I like them more than Slipknot,Coal Chamber and other (Nu-Metal) stuff.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 23, 2002 12:08     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
System of a WHAT??? They suck!! C'mon boyz, this is a Metal forum!!!! Next topic will be the last Limp Biskit record ?!?!? VOIVOD & OLD SCHOOL METAL RULZZZZ!!!!!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 23, 2002 14:18     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talk about being open-minded...

You don't have to agree, but respect the opinion of others

Please don't take it personnaly Gerfat, I don't know you and I'm sure you're a nice guy... but if you don't like Sytem of a Down, why bother posting something? If you don't have something constructive to say or add to the topic, just skip it!!!

Oh I have an idea, i'll start a topic like "Green is my favorite color" and then everyone can tell me "green sucks dude, blue is way better"... and then to add to the fun, someone can say "you guys are waaaaay off, red is the best"...

How fun would that be?

Ventilating once in a while feels great Peace everybody!!!

Queenraper
VoivodFan
Member # 94

posted August 23, 2002 15:32     Profile for Queenraper   Email Queenraper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, I respect all of your opinions and believe that one day everyone on this planet will co-exist peacefully but,.........
to answer your question, I feel that system of a down really do suck faggot cocks, couldn't give a piss about the oppressed people they whine about while they're probably drinking courvoisier in L.A. with rage against the machine snorting lines of blow off of the Bush twins' billion dollar black angus texas snatches........
However, that's only my opinion, hope that answers your question, yo.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 23, 2002 16:55     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ynys Trebes: why bother posting something? I'll answer your question, because this is a forum and we are supposed to talk in here, right? That's it, my idea wasn't to hurt anybody, it was sort of joking... I do really hate SOAD, but I don't hate people who does like them, of course NOT!!! This forum, along with the VOIVOD.COM forum, are the coolest for Metal people in the net, no joking, I've just found cool & smart people here... So relax, it was just my way to say that I don't like them... that's all.. If I hurted anybody accept my appologies..... PEACE!!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 23, 2002 16:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that they've got a fantastic rhythm section, probably the best in the business. But I don't like Serge's voice on some of the tunes.

Unfortunately, Queenraper is probably right about their fake political posturing. That's why successful musicians should stay away from politics. It virtually impossible for them to walk the walk when they're making so much money. Course if they made some nu-metal kids THINK, that might be a good thing.

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted August 23, 2002 17:13     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think they're a little better than most of the numetal out there, not enough for me to get their album
(the only numetal i like is deftones)
but i don't mind seeing them on MTV, especially that new video aerials
i really like that one, w/ the alien faced kid and all

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 23, 2002 18:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before Toxicity, I never payed much attention to them. For me they tried so hard to be the next Zappa (and, as we all know, there can be only one of this...) to the point that they were irritating. Then I heard Toxicity first, at a friend of mine's, and was blown away. Great SONGS, no matter if they were nu-metal or grindcore, so they won me.

And their first is not as Zappa-esque as I thought, anyway...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 23, 2002 21:25     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Ynys....I happen to like the color Green too!

Now...which SOAD album should i buy?
I think i have heard them...but cant remember. Is it Nu Metal?
All this New Metal sounds allike to me.
Everything...well, almost everything...sounds like a rippoff of Static-X (Whom i DO like very mucho!).

Dont worry Paul. Remember that Electric Light Orchestra Thread i started?
Boy did i get my ass beat for THAT one!

Dont take it too bad. Its all good fun anyways.

(Yes! I will ALWAYS like Jeff Lynn!)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 23, 2002 21:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm kinda torn between liking them and not liking them.

I have the first SOAD cd and I think they overuse the word FUCK to the point where it just sounds stupid (just like Limp Bisqick does). The word can be a powerul addition to a song when used properly but to overuse it, just sounds ridiculous.

Serge's voice sound almost comical and I have to be in the right mood to listen to him, and that's why I haven't purchased the new one yet. The music is very cool and experimental, and you can tell they are very diverse players, which I like a lot. I have a few freebies coming from Columbia House so maybe I use one on Toxicity.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 23, 2002 22:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not that my opinion means anything to anyone but myself, but this is a forum, a place to state one's thoughts and opinions; so here's mine on the subject:

"SOAD can FOAD". Even good musicians can be held responsible for bad music. Their popularity is a sign that the average music fan's taste is in sharp decline. Music has become so devoid of talent and songwriting ability lately that the listener has come to accept almost anything that isn't lip-synched.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan