my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Let's save L'Heure Lourde at Cool-FM !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's save L'Heure Lourde at Cool-FM !
Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted August 22, 2002 15:50     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Guys,

It is with great sadness that I got a message from my friend Christian Marcoux at Cool-FM. The radio station decided to put his HM radio show (L'Heure Lourde) off the air. This is something that we just can't let happen.

It is not important if you live or not in Montreal. What is important is that all Metallers must unite and fight for the good cause. We need more HM shows on the air and we need to show the suits that we are not just a bunch of lazy, stupid music fans. We love our music, we respect the musicians and we support the cause. And yes, we have taste and brains as well. I know that we all try to promote it by wearing shirts from our favorite bands, by going to concerts, by buying Cds, etc.

But now is the time to do something else and to make our voice heard. What is happening here could very well happen in your town as well. It does concern us all.

It would be very nice if you could write to Jean-Philippe Tremblay (Program Director) and let him know how you feel about this cancellation. No need to be harsh. It won't help us. Stay respectful and he will listen.

His e-mail is jptremblay@coolfm.ca

If it can help you, here is what I will send him:

Hello Jean-Philippe,

My name is .... and I am writing to you in regards of your cancellation of the Heavy Metal radio show L'Heure Lourde hosted by Christian Marcoux. I always thought that Cool-FM wanted to be different, to open new doors, to attract new fans. Well, L'Heure Lourde was certainly doing that.

You broke the rules and put the first HM radio show on a major radio station here in Quebec. For this, all of us, Metal Fanatics are grateful. But we just can't understand why you decided to cancel this show.

I ask you to revise your decision. We need this show to promote HM Music, we need this show to promote Quebec HM bands and artists. Heavy Metal music has been popular for over 20 years now and it sure does not look like it will disappear tomorrow.

If you are not the right person to make this kind of decision, please be so kind as to give me the e-mail address of the person I need to contact.

I hope that you will consider my request and reconsider your decision.

Respectfully,

Green Goblin

If anyone needs a French translation, please contact me and I will post a French version here on the Forum.

I thank you for your support !

Long Live Heavy Metal !

Green Goblin

|  IP: Logged
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 22, 2002 19:02     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mon courriel de protestation est en route
 |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan