my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Show Yourself! (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Author Topic: Show Yourself!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 29, 2011 08:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me with Dan, I look like a right cunt in it though.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 31, 2011 19:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pic with John Wesley nothingface...he's such a nice dude.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 31, 2011 20:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothingface, great pic with a great guy and incredible musician. Wes has always been a totally down to earth guy every time I've met him and has always taken time to chat and shoot the shit.
Going to see him do a solo gig in Easton Maryland on April 4th... can't wait. He has an amazing catalog of solo material, not to even mention all the other recordings he's on with other bands. All musicians should be as cool as John.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 01, 2011 01:45     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you both. Yes, he was so laid back, it was almost strange. Tampa is his hometown, so he was really taking it easy. That pic was taken before the show. He told us that he, Colin, and Richard would be hanging out at the bar we were standing in front of all night after the show and we should come in after and have a few drinks. We didn't get to. After the show, it was raining hard, and we were on foot.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 01, 2011 11:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wes came to the bar/restaurant we were hanging out in before the show they played outside Philadelphia a few years ago. Sat down, and chatted with the gang like we were all old friends. His wife Becka is also super cool, and her and a few other ladies that I've known for years call themselves The Broad Squad when they're together.
Good People = Good Times

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 02, 2011 06:52     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its nice to match some of the faces with the names

heres a couple of me:

^^me and my dave mustaine pumpkin from this year.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 02, 2011 13:01     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That pumpkin rules. Nice to meet/see you!

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 02, 2011 16:37     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fish on

Taken last year when out to the south coast fishing Sea-Trout. Fishing is kvlt & evul!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 02, 2011 19:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pumpkin!!!

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 03, 2011 07:35     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pic Uffe ... I can see the evilness and kvltness on your grin... "I'm gonna catch and eat your bodies and souls, damn silly sea-trouts"

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 03, 2011 07:55     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
During my last vacations ... in Krakow

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 03, 2011 11:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But this is still my favourite pic of you Igor:

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 03, 2011 13:11     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
But this is still my favourite pic of you Igor:

Yup.
That pic has it all. A camping, Program showing where and when, beer, a fantastic DIY Voivod shirt and a really nice guy wearing it

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 03, 2011 18:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since we're showing off pumpkins... here's mine from this past Helloween. Wished I'd have taken of picture of my Eddie O'Lantern when he was lit up... stupid me

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 03, 2011 18:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool schroeder. Love your t-shirt too.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 03, 2011 18:55     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
its nice to match some of the faces with the names

heres a couple of me:

^^me and my dave mustaine pumpkin from this year.

Before I read the caption, I thought it was a Ben Falgoust pumpkin.

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 03, 2011 19:26     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats awesome, schroeder!

i've always wanted to try the elaborate pumpkin carving where you skin away parts, and carve others. how did you do that (what tools work best?)

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 04, 2011 04:10     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Yup.
That pic has it all. A camping, Program showing where and when, beer, a fantastic DIY Voivod shirt and a really nice guy wearing it

It sure does, even more with that grin of Igor... I can almost hear, taste and smell Wacken again

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 04, 2011 04:13     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe without a pumpkin, but some travel pic of mine at Angkor...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 04, 2011 13:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's one I look less of a cunt in.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2011 17:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
thats awesome, schroeder!

i've always wanted to try the elaborate pumpkin carving where you skin away parts, and carve others. how did you do that (what tools work best?)

I actually used some old wood carving tools and an exacto knife. I transfered the image onto the pumpkin from a printed sheet of paper by poking holes through the paper and into the pumpkin so I had guidelines to follow for what I wanted to cut our, but the tough part is making sure you cut of what you want to be light which is the opposite of when you draw with a pencil. It was a lot of fun, but it took a LONG time. Just hollowing out the inside and scraping the inside skin so it was thin enough for light to get through when you shaved the outside probably took longer than the actual artistic carving part.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 05, 2011 08:58     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome - i wanna try that next year for sure!

hahaha HV

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted February 05, 2011 13:47     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heres one of me with Head Villain at last years MDF.

and this one taken last week on the Mont-Royal. Behind me downtown Montréal, Metropolis of Morgoth,in the snowstorm.

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 06, 2011 07:28     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha you look very grumpy in the second one

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted February 06, 2011 15:14     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Hahaha you look very grumpy in the second one

haha, well there was alot of wind on the mountain and also snow hitting my face...its preety much the result of that

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan