my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Least-Favorite Voivod Song (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Least-Favorite Voivod Song
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2002 11:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is your most disliked Voivod Song?

I know...some of you might Rake me over the Coals for this Topic, but, it must be explored.

For me the awnser is simple.
Yet its off of one of my Favorite CD's!

King Kula's most disliked Voivod Song is:

'M-Body' from Phobos

"Scrape the build-up off my Tongue..."
I cringe every time i hear that line and the Vocal Effects that were used on it.

I still play all the CD though.

Ok...YOUR TURN!

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 18, 2002 12:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty much anything off Negatron. Except for Nanoman which has a nice riff.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 18, 2002 12:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah... that's a good idea...

'Vod songs that the Skul doesnt like (in no particular order of disdain):

1. Too Scared to Scream (pointless.)
2. Astronomy Domine (sure, covering this brought em success, but it also brought comments like "their best tune wasnt even written by them!" by the clueless and the ignorant.... Besides, that fuckin' tune sucks!)
3. Fix My Heart (urgh)
4. Moonbeem Rider (urgh II)
5. Time Warp (urgh III)
6. M-Body (useless)
7. Anomalies (what the fuck was that?)
8. Twin Dummy (Skully says... skip that too... bores me too... it's poo-poo...)

Ah, that felt good.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted August 18, 2002 12:10     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything on Negatron & Phobos.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2002 12:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHA!!!

Skul...you have me crackin-up!

Imran X...Somehow i just knew you would say those two!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 18, 2002 13:59     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
M-Body (surprise, eh?). Putting THAT at the end of 'Phobos' is like a cold shower after an orgasm.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 18, 2002 14:04     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I mean REALLY cold!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 18, 2002 17:57     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best: Psychic Vacuum / Cockroaches
Worst: Moonbeam Rider / The Nile Song

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted August 18, 2002 18:29     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF Moonbeam Rider is awesome!!!!

my vote for worst song goes to We Are Not Alone

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted August 18, 2002 18:50     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
HAHAHAHA!!!

Skul...you have me crackin-up!

Imran X...Somehow i just knew you would say those two!

Im sorry King K. I hope we can still be pals.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 18, 2002 20:11     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twin Dummy (album version only) (lol, skul)

or

M-Body, yeah it's annoying

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted August 18, 2002 22:45     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DNA is my choice.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 19, 2002 05:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on corpse.... The Lost Machine rocks. Even you gotta admit that!!!!
I'd agree with M-body and DNA. Worse than anything off Angel Rat by a looooong haul.
Can't believe were picking holes in the greatest band of our lifetime though!!! Bunch of fussy wankers we are!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 19, 2002 08:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Everything off of Angel Rat and The Outer Limits.

I think you are just sayin that to get my Goat. (I dont have a Goat.)

I KNOW that you like 'Jack Luminous!'

If not, then its WATER-BALOON TIME for you Buddy!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 19, 2002 08:40     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brainscan - because I will never, ever be able to play it on guitar!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 19, 2002 09:51     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could live out the rest of my life never hearing any Eric-era songs again.

Being more specific, "M-Body".

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 19, 2002 10:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never heard Phobos. Has it got ANY redeaming features?

Negatron I could give a miss. Even 'Outer Limits' has got classic Voivod stuff on it.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 19, 2002 10:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn - Phobos is a far better record than Negatron, if only for the title track. Some of the riffs are killer. Nothing as good as Hatross, of course, but definately worth adding to the collection. I'm not a fan of Eric's stint in the band, mainly cause of Negatron, but there are parts of Phobos that rule.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 19, 2002 12:15     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wrong-Way Street... definitely
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 19, 2002 17:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
M-Body is not actually the kind of song that makes my day. I know some will stone me for that, but I never really liked Rrröööaaarrr that much, either.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 19, 2002 19:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
STONE HIM! STONE HIM TO THE DEATH!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted August 19, 2002 23:31     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck off and die, twin dummy, m-body
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 19, 2002 23:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
suck your bone.
why? it bugs me.
and who can suck their bone anyway besides circus performers?

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted August 20, 2002 01:06     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
suck your bone.
why? it bugs me.
and who can suck their bone anyway besides circus performers?

maybe Marilyn Manson with that whole 'lets remove a rib or two' little fiasco. hmmm...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 21, 2002 03:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know which single song I dislike (hate is such a strong word!) but I've decided to just list one song from each album that I usually get up and go to the bathroom during:

WAP: Suck your Bone
ROAR: Slaughter In a Grave
KT: Too Scared to Scream
DH: Macrosolutions
NF: Pre-Ignition
AR: Golem
TOL: We are not Alone
Negatron: Negatron
Phobos: M-Body, of course

THAT was gruelling!!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan