my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Rules

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Rules
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 16, 2002 12:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
. . . there are certain "Rules" one must abide by when Posting over there.

That comment got me thinking Kula. I hope those rules aren't like the dating rules from the book, "The Rules" ? Just in case you don't know The Rules, here's the internet version...

"Rules For Online Dating" (for women)

1. Don't answer men's ads or email them first. - Answering a man's ad is to pursue a man; it's no different from approaching a man at a party or a bar, calling him, and asking him out. He knows you like him and the party is over. If he does end up dating you, you'll never know if he's dating you because it's easy and convenient for him or because he's really crazy about you.
[And men like it when you play head games with them and don't know what the hell's going on when you seem together one moment and completely flaky the next. It's a turn on.]

2.Create a good screen name. - Pick one that is not boring but not too sexy, not too ho-hum but not too marriage minded. Do not go to the other extreme either and attract a man who is just interested in sex. Strive for something in the middle. Be descriptive.
Good examples:
BlondBeauty50
PetiteBrunette34
[Well I've struck out with 'Noitall' haven't I? Mental note, change nic to Bitch32]

3.Less is more when writing your ad. - When answering the questionaires an online Web site requires, give the impression that you just threw some answers down with a cute picture on your way to the gym or work.
After all you are very busy.
[Uh-oh, I've been on this board too much, now you all know I'm not always busy...]

4. Post a smiling photo. - Men don't focus on what you write as long as they like your photo. Don't use anything too provocative.
For the women who don't want someone to know about their new hobby: get over it and put up your picture, it's really not a big deal.
[Face it, men focus on boobs. Make sure the picture of your smiling face is attached to a great set of boobs.]

5. Don't answer on weekends or holidays
[Because you should only use your computer at work to answer personal ads so that all of your co-workers can bust a gut about it when you're not around.]

6. Write light and breezy Emails. - Do not respond to a man who sends his profile or photo only. If an email comes with no photo, respond "Would love to see a photo. Thanks." That's it; nothing else. If he refuses to send a picture, there is a reason.
[of course! It means he's fat and ugly! Just say it!]

When he does send the picture, if you like it, answer with a: "Thanks!" no "Nice abs" or "Cute Pic". Don't tell him that you read his ad.
[You don't want him to think you can read, after all.]

Do not respond to anything that was in the ad, such as i.e. my brother is also an accountant.
[That might be a way to start a real conversation - always a no-no.]

7. Never Email a man a second time if he neglected to respond to your Email.
[Because everyone answers their email right away...]

If you get an angry Email that says he wants more than three lines in an email from you, press DELETE and refer to rule #13.
[Besides, you're going for the uptight and difficult to please type of girl impression, also known as 'high maintenance'.]

8. For the first three months, don't initiate an Email, only respond. if he sends you jokes and "did I tell you how cute you are?" notes, do not respond. Wait for third one and only then write back.
[Because if he thinks you can think, it's over.]

9. Block yourself from Instant Messages
[Your real personality might come out here, you don't want him to see that until it's too late and he's trapped in your little web of deception.]

10. Don't ad-interrogate on dates
[Because the hard questions should come later when you're actually dating and he thinks he's lucky to have you.]

|  IP: Logged
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 16, 2002 12:53     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blah blah blah...

Can I get a date?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2002 13:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
(...)Face it, men focus on boobs. Make sure the picture of your smiling face is attached to a great set of boobs.(...)

Great post, made my day!

But, not all men focus on boobs. We, gentlemen from Brazil never focus on women's boobs. We focus on their butts...

Azathoth
VoivodFan
Member # 98

posted August 16, 2002 13:31     Profile for Azathoth   Email Azathoth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I knew there was a reason why I thought women were useless.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 16, 2002 19:21     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Blah blah blah...

Can I get a date?

you won't get an answer until after the weekend, that's my guess

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 17, 2002 01:46     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny NIA! I never knew such rules existed...but I being a male am glad "THERE ARE NO RULES!!"
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted August 17, 2002 08:48     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ruler spankin' rules !

use a wood ruler tho', unless your partner is a robot.

bitch32, yup, sounds good

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 17, 2002 19:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just to be clear nuclear infusion, those rules were created by a couple of loopy american ladies for women looking to get hitched...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 18, 2002 00:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me N, "Loopy" is an understatement tho'. I totally agree with the parts about showing a picture and having boobs present in the photo!
America is too prude to begin with, there are far more sex crimes committed here than in other countries. Studies have correlated the lack of open sexuality (i.e. nudity on regular TV and beaches) to pent up sexual aggression. Look it up, it's true!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 18, 2002 00:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh... but it's not rape if its dead, tho, is it?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 18, 2002 00:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...Well Skul down here in the States the court will drop the murder charge and give you life in prison for rape!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 19, 2002 05:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Just to be clear nuclear infusion, those rules were created by a couple of loopy american ladies for women looking to get hitched...

And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan