my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » rap band rips off VoiVod logo!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rap band rips off VoiVod logo!!!!!
HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 106

posted August 14, 2002 12:01     Profile for HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD   Email HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
www.nonphixion.com

Check it out for yourselves, these guys have ripped off the classic VoiVod logo!

I appologize if this was already posted and is now common knowledge, I just logged in here for the 1st time.

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 14, 2002 12:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really think Non-Phixion needs to put a disclaimer sticker on their cd :

"artwork by Away, payment for services rendered received in full"

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 14, 2002 22:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh no where ? not again.. lemme at em ! wonder if im still banned ?
pre_ignition
VoivodFan
Member # 103

posted August 15, 2002 05:12     Profile for pre_ignition   Email pre_ignition     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF? This is really terrible. Can they DO that?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2002 06:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pre_ignition:
WTF? This is really terrible. Can they DO that?

They didn't 'DO ANYTHING".
They asked an artist, that being Michel "Away" Langevin, to create a logo for the group...and he did. I'm sure he got paid for services rendered.

BTW: Welcome to the list 'pre-ignition'...and the the other newbies who just found us. Continuing to grow to take over the world

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 10, 2002 08:15     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
But Away I drew that logo for them

Lapsus Linguae or plain typing error??? Gets me perplexed...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 10, 2002 08:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Oh no where ? not again.. lemme at em ! wonder if im still banned ?

hehehe! You and me both are probably still banned. Remember SATAN?
No point in messin with those Mike Tyson wannabees anyhow. They have no Brains.
Run a Drum Machine & throw some Yabba-Jabba on top & they think its music. What a bunch of Posers!

I still refuse to believe that AWAY actually listened to that stuff.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 10, 2002 10:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why not? He did work with Ivan Doroshuck after all. And if I hear Safety Dance on the radio once more I'm gonna hurl.
Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted September 10, 2002 11:03     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why couldn't they have been original.
did they just wanna sell albums and make money?
that is some B.S.
but hey isn't that the celeberty way anyway.
copy off songs, logo's, styles and every thing another band had.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 10, 2002 11:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It doesnt matter what they like as long as they do stuff that WE like, y'know. Fuck, in the 80's they were into Bauhaus and stuff, but still came up with Killing Technology.

Even Carcass... their drummer only listened to House and Hip-Hop, and look what they did?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 11, 2002 05:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Why not? He did work with Ivan Doroshuck after all. And if I hear Safety Dance on the radio once more I'm gonna hurl.

What was Away's connection with Men Without Hats anyway? I remember someone (probably you NIA) mentioning he toured with them, but did he ever end up recording?
All together now, "We can dance if we want to, if we don't nobody will...."

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 11, 2002 07:33     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe that Away has done that!!!, it's the bad modified copy of one of the best metal logo, He should have been more creative not recycle his past works, it's a bad image for Him i think or maybe it's what they deserve... (It's the first time that i hear of that band)
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 11, 2002 08:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
but did he ever end up recording?

Yah he did... the "Sideways" album, in 1991 (i think).

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 11, 2002 08:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck.. i didnt mean to repeat... Oh well.

quote:
Originally posted by h:
but did he ever end up recording?

Yah he did... as Mike Mustang! hehe.

http://www.menwithouthats.com/treez.html

just scroll down a little...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan