Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod News! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod News!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 14, 2002 10:45     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post
LOL Manipulator, always thinking about where you're going to plant your ass!!!
 |  IP: Logged
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted August 14, 2002 10:54     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Away a dictator ?
I don't think so ....
When I met the 3 guys (away, piggy and Eforce) in november 2000, we talked together about the interview that I have done with Blacky for my website.

I was really surprised that Away and Piggy have read this interview.
Away was really cool about that ...and talkimng about the past.

But I will always remember the way Piggy looked at me when we talked about Blacky...
Dark angry eyes...
and I switched to another subject ...

But I can not tell you the truth, I did not live 10 years with them....

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 14, 2002 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:

1 member of the band is keeping all this from happening because of old grudges... Plus, if Piggy and Snake are okay with it, I can't help but feel that this band is a dictatorship rather than a democracy

I've never heard anything about Snake being okay with it.

VsGreg, Piggy didn't look like he wanted to kill Blacky at the Cafe Chaos a couple of months ago, he seemed happy to see him. They both looked like they were getting all teary eyed at one point when they were looking at old photos. As far as what happens behind the scenes in terms of who makes business decisions in Voivod, I can only go with what Blacky said in your interview with him in '99 - "Voivod used to be a democracy, but it didnt work that way towards the end. Michel wanted to control the band and so did I, so I pulled out. Too many chiefs, not enough indians."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 14, 2002 11:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Heck!

It's been just 24 hours since I last posted here! Look at all the fuzz! Heh.

Sad as everyone else with the not so good news... Read it on Blabbermouth, came quickly here for the details (BTW, Corpse, notice they look HERE for Voivod info...).

Surprised to know that they (Away or Piggy?) are mad at Blacky. Snake did not left the band, he gave up, almost causing the end of Voivod, and was now happily accepted back. Why not Blacky? What did he do to the other guys? Or is it just a case of being more lucrative to have Ja$on in the band?

Just wondering... At least I can wonder here without taking the risk of being banned.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 14, 2002 17:30     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sorry if my comments seamed a little harsh... I don't want to get on Away's case, not at all. It's just the general feeling I get from the situation. But like I said, we probably don't know half of what actually happened back then and maybe it got personnal on some level... who knows?

I think it was just the Voivod fan getting emotional over what we've all been waiting for, and that's the return of the Dark Lord of the Bass

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 14, 2002 19:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If Roger Waters can have Richard Wright and then Nick Mason on stage with him recently than I believe anything is possible...maybe not right now, maybe later.

I think Away hated Blacky for how Angel Rat sounded!!!! Just joking!!!! People eventually get over everything...it's hard to totally dismiss 10 years of friendship in a band.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 14, 2002 22:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yeah man, that was ultimatly depressing. I for 1 still believe a reuinion will happen,its just the way things go,old friends and all trying to hook back up and remember old times.Besides its all theres really left to hang onto and hope dosent change with the rest of the world(old friends)Anything can happen and i will keep the faith,also to quote Ozzy Osbourne (never say die)...........
Azathoth
VoivodFan
Member # 98

posted August 15, 2002 00:26     Profile for Azathoth   Email Azathoth     Edit/Delete Post
Cry me a f-in river! Get over it guys, sheesh! Snake hasn't even been around for 9 years and you're wining about Blacky.
"It is the best of all possible worlds."
-Voltaire

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 19, 2002 12:21     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
look out! here some fresh news, en cause de desespoir peut-etre... http://www.metalmania.qc.ca/fr/nouvelles.html
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 19, 2002 12:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pass me a napkin would yer? I'm drooling all over the shop!
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted August 19, 2002 23:24     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slide that 'moist towelette' this way too.

Things are getting pretty giddy again.

Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted August 20, 2002 10:20     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Oh and salut, Johnny! Glad to see you on board. You surely have an incredible wealth of old 'Vod stories to share, i'm sure all of us would be happy to read into some of those sometime.

Hello Skulhed,

I wish I had that many stories to tell. With old age, my memory is not as good as it used to be.

I will have to think about this and will post whatever I can remember.

Thanks for remembering the old man.

Green Goblin

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 20, 2002 12:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've just been working out the bass part to 'Into My Hypercube' for a cover project. I thought he was a damn fine bass player before, now I know he's a fucking genius!

What the fuck were you on, Blacky? All your riffs shouldn't work but do, it's upside down and back to front, theory out the window! But wow!

Learning Voivod songs really does give you an insight into just how left field they were. And how non-left field they are without Blacky!!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 20, 2002 13:24     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't drink, but I'm heavily considering taking it up.

"Sucks" doesn't begin to describe the situation and "bummed" doesn't touch how I feel about it.

I'd have paid tons of cash and flown just about anywhere to hear Blacky crank it out, even if for just just one more time. Oh well.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 20, 2002 21:59     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:

Learning Voivod songs really does give you an insight into just how left field they were. And how non-left field they are without Blacky!!

Although i do not play Bass...EmlynKH speaks da TRUTH!

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted August 21, 2002 02:39     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I don't understand why Blacky was supposed to be interested in a VOIVOD-reunion in the first place. I mean, didn't he say on several occasions in the near past that he just wasn't into any kind of metal anymore? And wouldn't there still be too many chiefs and not enough indians?!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 21, 2002 06:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheHade:
I don't understand why Blacky was supposed to be interested in a VOIVOD-reunion in the first place. I mean, didn't he say on several occasions in the near past that he just wasn't into any kind of metal anymore? And wouldn't there still be too many chiefs and not enough indians?!

I'm thinking Blacky would just want to have a good time with his old mates.

Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted August 21, 2002 09:47     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post
Hello Guys,

Just to set things straight even though Blacky himself will surely do it.

Blacky was not interested in playing with Voďvod again. For him, his musical career is behind him... Sadly for all of us !

It was his old friend and manager Maurice Richard who came up with this idea of doing a Reunion Concert to celebrate the band 20 Year Anniversary. He wanted the band to play for the Week-End Extreme but they were not available. So, he came up with this new idea, six months later to try and get the original line-up on stage for one night.

I thought it was a good idea and we sold it to Blacky. He agreed to do it for the fun and mostly for you, the fans. But like he told me, he was not afraid to say Yes as he knew for certain that the other guys would say No ! And he was right !

But he had opened the door and I jumped on the opportunity and said that it would be great to see him on stage instead with Sasquatch from Aggression and do a kind of revival of the 80's Metal Scene and play some (classic) songs with guests musicians. It would be a blast to see these two guys from the Montreal 80's Thrash Scene playing together. We thought the idea was fun but Maurice took this idea seriously and started working on it. Again, and against all odds, Blacky accepted. Guess that if you get on stage once in your life, the attraction remains... Only one sad thing though, Sasquatch won't be playing with his old friend Blacky.

You had a few hints on this Forum as to what this offer is about. I can't say more since it is not official yet but I can tell you that it will happen on two nights, November the 8th and 9th.

Here is the line-up for Friday November the 8th as to what will be called the Powerpack:

ANVIL
HANKER
FORGOTTEN TALES
HEAVEN'S CRY
SOULFORGE

Medley - Montreal
Price of Admission: 16.50 $

I will let you know about the line-up for the Thrashback on November the 9th as soon as I get the official info.

This is gonna be a blast ! Don't miss this !

Green Goblin

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 21, 2002 10:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
'kin hell! Maybe if I start hitching now, I might get there in time...
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted August 21, 2002 13:50     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
how many airmiles do i have again?? *flipping through wallet pockets*
Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted August 06, 2005 18:45     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was also a bit sad to have heard of the news that Voivod would not do a reunion with Blacky, at least for one show in Montreal for the 2oth Anniversary, however, sometimes it is better to put the past behind and move forward........

................Life is just that way. Sometimes things happen for a reason, and one can either accept change, or wallow in the memories of the past. Life CARRIES ON. WE CARRY ON....

.....Voivod carries on without Blacky and now has Jason......that's the way life is, embrace it or deny it....the choice is individual.......I've embraced it. Sometimes change is good.......

The conflict between Blacky and the nameless original member (although we all know who) was VERY BAD-----VERY VERY!!!!!!!

They were good friends...

...For the original member to have chosen not to conceide to the offer of a reunion speaks clearly of the raw anger and hurt he had suffered from his conflict with Blacky...

...There was intense fire and rage between the two and a power struggle. If they were to reunite, the power struggle would resurface between the them....It would be not only ugly, but may prove catastophic for the band. It is sometimes better to leave the past behind and move forward, sometimes old wounds never heal......

TO BLACKY:
Good luck in all you do Jean-Yves. I , as well as others, I'm certain, wish you the best of luck, and want very much to hear some new tunes from you......Are you jamming with anyone new?

P.S.
Don't give up on trying to patch your friendship either.......You two just can't work together. It creates bad blood. I'm sure you remember.

With much affection,
M.J. Pons

--------------------

The legalist

Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted August 06, 2005 19:05     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
oh, I forgot.......two words,

"UNION MADE"........

for those who like mysteries and can connect the meaning......

enough said.

Rock on!

luv,
M.

--------------------

The legalist

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 06, 2005 20:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle Pons:
I was also a bit sad to have heard of the news that Voivod would not do a reunion with Blacky, at least for one show in Montreal for the 2oth Anniversary, however, sometimes it is better to put the past behind and move forward........

................Life is just that way. Sometimes things happen for a reason, and one can either accept change, or wallow in the memories of the past. Life CARRIES ON. WE CARRY ON....

.....Voivod carries on without Blacky and now has Jason......that's the way life is, embrace it or deny it....the choice is individual.......I've embraced it. Sometimes change is good.......

The conflict between Blacky and the nameless original member (although we all know who) was VERY BAD-----VERY VERY!!!!!!!

They were good friends...

...For the original member to have chosen not to conceide to the offer of a reunion speaks clearly of the raw anger and hurt he had suffered from his conflict with Blacky...

...There was intense fire and rage between the two and a power struggle. If they were to reunite, the power struggle would resurface between the them....It would be not only ugly, but may prove catastophic for the band. It is sometimes better to leave the past behind and move forward, sometimes old wounds never heal......

TO BLACKY:
Good luck in all you do Jean-Yves. I , as well as others, I'm certain, wish you the best of luck, and want very much to hear some new tunes from you......Are you jamming with anyone new?

P.S.
Don't give up on trying to patch your friendship either.......You two just can't work together. It creates bad blood. I'm sure you remember.

With much affection,
M.J. Pons

Is this the legendary Pons that I've heard so much about?? From this, I can see why she is legend.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 06, 2005 20:27     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post
Yes, she's the legend.

Michelle how are you? I haven't heard from you in years!! You remember me, we used to mail eachother. Union Made, I know. I downloaded some tracks of theirs on this site. You should hear Snake sing Ave Maria in french. I hope you have the same mail add. so I can mail you.

Greetings from sweden
- Annki

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 07, 2005 00:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I FUCKIN LOVE THAT UNION MADE 7 inch... and the live bootleg recording. Snake can do no wrong in my ears.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan