Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod News! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod News!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 13, 2002 13:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Goto Voivod.com, the front page, and check out the most recent news! Good to have an update, but still a bit vague for my tastes!

X-D out! I'll see you guys in a few weeks!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 13, 2002 13:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post
I wonder if he had problems logging on? rotfl...
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 13, 2002 14:27     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Away said "... including a reunion show with Blacky"

Ummm... hey Blacky - know anything about that?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 13, 2002 14:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am still not able to do anything with voivod.com.
The problem is with theyre Host Servers.
It has to be.
I sure wish Yuri would switch Hosts.
I have heard horrible things about eBiznet.

Hey Blacky! Put in a word to the Guys to stop by & maybe post something HERE once in a while! I'm sure they must know about this site!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2002 15:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It's ashame that Blacky isn't involved in the 'creative process' and helping write songs. I think with all the music he has been into since leaving the band it would make for one incredible album to have him 'back in the fold'.

Newsted is solid and a good bass player, but Blacky is way more creative and open minded to experimentation...and I think this is what the band needs in order to create something fresh, exciting, and unique.

Either that, or I'm still waiting for Blacky to release something on his own or another project.

If I was Away, and kept going to that forum and site every day, I'd more than likely be disappointed by what I was seeing (or not seeing). This is the site he should be checking out to see what the fans are talking about.

NP: spbey:theriault: (very unique packaging...who's idea was this anyway, Blacky)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 13, 2002 16:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

If I was Away, and kept going to that forum and site every day, I'd more than likely be disappointed by what I was seeing (or not seeing). This is the site he should be checking out to see what the fans are talking about.

Yes indeed! Schroeder speaks truth!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2002 16:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Well there it is...I guess its official, Voivod(Away) did not want to do a reunion show with Blacky. I don't think the fans will appreciate that. Why even tease the fans by mentioning it??

I guess they were busy with creating and getting ready to record with Jason, so "nothing else matters".

Hopefully the original Voivod four will get on stage someday.

2 thumbs up to MR and JH

I think you may have interpreted this reunion show comment a little harshly Corpse. I think what he meant was that a reunion show is still in the works. Scheduling would have to be tough especially if Blacky is working fulltime.

I took that note as a really positive sign. I can't believe their actually writing another album. Just find that incredible in this music market that is so saturated with shit. I bet Jason is putting a lot of his money into this. Maybe I'm wrong but labels are in the business to make money. So I doubt very few would support a group that isn't known for writing radio jingles.

I'm gonna send the indie rock mag Magnet an email soon to see if they could do a feature on the band. Maybe break them into the cool college crowd market.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 13, 2002 17:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Satan says Buckets are a good thing to have around. Especially when GOD starts dumping tons of water all over the nice Bonfires he just started everywhere.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 13, 2002 18:34     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow! I was surprised as you guys to read the news. Of course I'm in the loop, Kane.

I have always kept in contact with Maurice Richard over the years (Voivod’s first and only real manager). He had the idea for a reunion for years, he was just waiting for the right time which finally came up a few weeks ago. He wanted to produce a Voivod reunion to mark the 20th anniversary of Metal made in Quebec, which basically started with Voivod in 1982.

He asked me (and also the current lineup of Voivod) and I replied to him within the hour saying YES of course, because this would be the right time for this project, as far as I'm concerned. To tell the truth here, how could I not want the opportunity to play with Piggy again? Maurice waited but never received any reply after two successive offer to the band. Finally one day I had a meeting with him and Johnny Hart (he is the one that managed Aggression, built and managed the IronGang fanclub for a long period, 1984-1988 and is making a comeback in the scene. He will release an unreleased album of Aggression, very soon, check their web page). We talk about many things and also about this reunion project, at the end of the meeting I pointed out to Maurice that perhaps he should call Piggy directly instead of wasting his time with the current leadership. That’s what he did. At that time Piggy told him that he knew about the offer but couldn’t accept yet cause the scheduled date for the show could conflict with them being in California for the recording of the new album, and that they wouldn't know for sure before the 3rd of August. He also mentioned that it might be hard to sell it to one of the original members. (surprise!)

Then this news today, you guys got the answer that Maurice was looking for, a direct answer, yes or no, and the no side won. So be it, I may have strong words here, but my guess is there is probably no fat chance of a future Voivod reunion of the first lineup.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 13, 2002 18:45     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Blacky recently expressed:
quote:

yes, indeed!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 13, 2002 18:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This is completely sad news.

I need a Drink.

I still VERY MUCH look forward to hearing any future Projects you have, Jean-yves.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 13, 2002 19:13     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I echo Outcast's and King Kula's statements!
Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted August 13, 2002 19:37     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post
Hello Blacky,

Finally, we have received our answer. It would have shown class to contact you or Maurice directly instead of reading it on a Forum. Not that I have anything about Forums but you know what I mean...

It would have been great to see you and the guys back on stage for one show. I know that many Voïvod fans would have cheered to hear about such an event !

It would also have been a fun idea to celebrate Voïvod's 20 Year Anniversary !

But since they have more important things to do... For me, working in the music business is a matter of fun ! If you do not enjoy it or do not get involved in some events just for the sheer pleasure of it, the whole thing is not worth it !

It would have been fun to see you guys, back on stage together ! Would have been a blast for your fans as well.

At least, you were willing to do it ! For the fun of it ! So, you still got it in you ! Let's start a musical project together !

Another dream that comes to an end, I guess !

Let's have a drink and a toast to what could have been !

Green Goblin
a.k.a. Johnny Hart

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted August 13, 2002 19:54     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow!

Lots of News on this forum lately!

I'm having a Beer for Blacky while Killing Technology is blasting.

Cheers!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2002 20:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 13, 2002 21:38     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am totally blown away. I had hoped that the "rumour" was a reunion and that it would happen. Fuck. Shit.
I need a drink too.
Still, Blacky is the only real Master Of The Blower Bass and will always be remembered as such. I also look forward to hearing the future endeavors of The Blackest One.
Hail Blacky!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2002 22:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 14, 2002 05:18     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am just as sad as anyone to hear that the original four will not be re-united, but even with just the three, I am still stoked at the prospect of a new Voivod record! This is without doubt the most anticipated record of the last 5 years for me, so the news is still fantastic.
But yeah... only one thing could have made it any better, and we all know what that is!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 14, 2002 05:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I just popped over to the other forum to check all the banter... there's a thread there on the same subject as this one that has 2 replies.... 2?????
This one has 20.... make your own conclusions!!!
I know I was away for a week and may have missed something, but yuri has announced the banning of anyone who talks about this site.... how about banning fucking troll moron's who are trying to stir shit? I'm a little drunk right now (fuck - it's 10 am!!) so I may be ranting without need, but that seems a little.... or a LOT fucked to me.
Rant over. I'm off for greasy breakfast nosh. hic.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 14, 2002 06:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
h - It's OK to be a ranting, ignorant, dumbass, troll, as long as your not trying to tell the 5 remaining contributors of the 'official' voivod forum that this forum is here and it's better. You can call anyone, any name in the book, just don't mention www.voivodfan.com or you will 'pay the piper'.
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted August 14, 2002 08:03     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
[ He also mentioned that it might be hard to sell it to one of the original members. (surprise!)
[/QB]

I hope I don't sound like a dummy (pardon the pun) but which member are we referring to?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 14, 2002 08:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Away.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 14, 2002 08:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post
Well, of course that's not so great news, but what the fuck. Guess Michel cant leave the past behind so easily. Oh fucking well. With that said, You (yah, you oh noir one) can always do a little something with Piggy in the future outside of the 'Vod umbrella.
Whatever happens, i still love y'all, tho

Oh and salut, Johnny! Glad to see you on board. You surely have an incredible wealth of old 'Vod stories to share, i'm sure all of us would be happy to read into some of those sometime.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted August 14, 2002 09:53     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
sad news

I really hoped to get a chance to sit on the drum hardware roadcase again.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 14, 2002 10:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm not in Away's shoes and will never be, and I'm sure I don't know half of what went on when Blacky left the band... but I can't help but think that Away should get over it and stop being so sour.

It's funny how roughly 200% of Voivod fans would wet their pants if they ever did a reunion show (heck imagine a full-time return of the Blower Bass!!!), and how 1 member of the band is keeping all this from happening because of old grudges... Plus, if Piggy and Snake are okay with it, I can't help but feel that this band is a dictatorship rather than a democracy

Sorry, I'm a little pissed right now

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan