my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » High on Fire

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High on Fire
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted August 12, 2002 18:10     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is certainly still a rumor at this point, but I heard Voivod is working on a U.S. tour with High on Fire for sometime later this year. Hope it's true.

Anyone here who hasn't heard High on Fire, go buy some. There is no more exciting metal band around right now. They are in a similar position to where Metallica was in 1985--ready to explode. It's aggressive enough for death and black metallers, tasteful and raw enough for punks and hardcore kids, and psychedelic enough for the doom/stoners. Epic crushing metal attack.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 12, 2002 18:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Nate!
Thanks for the heads-up!

I will check out High on Fire soon.
How many CD's do these guys have?
Any you recommend?

"G" (Voivod Tour Mgr.) said that any Voivod tour would for sure stop here in Dallas.
That made me happy to hear.

Makes me wonder if maybe a new Voivod CD will be out soon? I hope so!

LONG-LIVE VOIVOD!!!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted August 12, 2002 18:49     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
High on Fire has two cds. The first was originally on Man's Ruin, but has been reissued by TeePee. The new one is on Relapse. Both are excellent (although the new one is sonically richer).

You can pick up both from the All That's Heavy store on Stonerrock.com

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 12, 2002 21:36     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all, I've heard High on Fire, and they really do kick ass, beautifully brutal. ALSO...they do an amazing cover of a Celtic Frost's The Usurper. Here's a review of their albums.
http://www.chedsey.com/list/high_on.htm

cheers

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted August 13, 2002 21:25     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the last album of high on fire on relapse is one of my best album of 2002. an amazing record
http://www.galyrecords.com

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan