my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Paul Samson in serious trouble!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul Samson in serious trouble!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2002 10:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted on Blabbermouth.net:

SAMSON Guitarist Suffering From Cancer, Has Weeks To Live - Aug. 7, 2002

Guitarist Paul Samson, leader and founder of the seminal NOWBHM act SAMSON, is suffering from cancer and is said to have "only weeks to live," according to vocalist Nicky Moore, who sang on several of the group's albums during the '80s.

Most recently, Paul and Moore had reportedly completed work on a new SAMSON album, tentatively entitled Brand New Day, which also features Billy Fleming (i.e. METALLIC BLUE) on drums and Ian Ellis (i.e. RIC LEE'S BREAKERS, SAVOY BROWN) on bass. Recorded during 2001 at Paul's studio in Norfolk, England, Brand New Day represents the first album of brand new SAMSON material since the group's self-titled 1993 CD, and is scheduled for release in late 2002 release through Zoom Club Records.

SAMSON had previously featured in their ranks IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson, who sang on two of the group's albums (1980's Head On and 1981's Shock Tactics), before moving on to fame and fortune with his current outfit.

Anyone wishing to send Paul a message of support can do so by e-mailing: silentechos@lvcm.com

I've always been suportive of NWOBHM bands, couldn't be cool when I read this. Sending an e-mail to him.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 08, 2002 13:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read that too. Very sad news. Even though I've never heard Samson I still feel really bad for the guy. I can't imagine what it's like knowing you only have a few weeks left.
I just hope he's not in pain, although the mental and emotional anguish is probably way worse that the physical pain.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan