my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 69 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 69 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time !
Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted August 08, 2002 09:09     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

In the Sept./Oct. issue of Revolver Magazine, they did a list of the Greatest 69 Metal albums of all time.

Voïvod managed to hit Number 61 with the album Dimension Hatross (Noise Records, 1988). The comment is as follow:

<b>The French-Canadian experimental group Voïvod won a cult following with Dimension Hatross, a sci-fi concept album about a bleak futurist oligarchy. Shedding the band's Killing Technology-era skin in favor of distinct droning vocals, industrial elements, and more complex playing, the album served as a springboard for future tales of alien abductions and cosmic forces.</b>

Green Goblin

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2002 10:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, but... only 61???
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted August 08, 2002 17:45     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey 61, it's a shame!
I wonder who were the top ten...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 08, 2002 19:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone ever seen this mag? Its layout is retarded and they try to cover everybody(mostly everyone who sucks). I wrote them after reading through the first issue. Really poorly written articles. I will say there was a one great interview with the Police. But that was it. Not just dumb articles but also stupid surveys a la Maxim. Its kind of the Maxim of rock mags.

So I'm surprised VoiVod even made the list.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan