my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone see the other message board lately?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone see the other message board lately?
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted August 07, 2002 08:17     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a mess.... There is some guy causing all kinds of havoc. He is bad mouthing this site, etc. This board is so much better. I think that the people on it makes the difference. Most of the people here are from the old board and the old board has been filled with all new people. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the mess over there. I just don't see why people bother going to message boards and just trying to stir it up with bad mouthing and stuff. Oh well - I am glad I can visit this site for some good Voivod discussions.

Warcorpse - Good job on keeping us all in touch!

-TD

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 07, 2002 09:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. That guy has MANY different Usernames and just stirrs-up trouble everywhere he goes. But you know what?

All his negative posts about THIS site...just add up to Free Advertising!
(That was pointed out by someone over there already.)

I have grown weary of it all.
SATAN (My Username over there), is considering no longer posting there anymore.

People over there get BANNED for NO REASON...and then when there IS a reason to Ban someone (Vandalising the Board)...Yuri remains silent.

I still have my suspitions as to who it REALLY is causing all this trouble.
Hopefully i am wrong.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 10:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooh, Kula! Interesting conspiracy theories! 'Hope I'm wrong' my arse, that would make my (and a lot of other people's) year if he turned out to be 'god'.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 07, 2002 10:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah....I'm sure i'm wrong about it being him.

However, his absence does not go unnoticed.

Maybe he will come back and Ban SATAN as well.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 07, 2002 11:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ugh, what a mess! The greatest crime happening over there is the obvious lack of a moderator! If Yuri was more concerned about the site he would step in as these type of posts only serve to alienate other forum users, particularly newer ones. I'm beginning to consider not posting there anymore either, just based on this kinda shit, which bums me out as it used to be a really cool forum.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 07, 2002 11:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would positively find his house, strip him naked, chain him to a truck, and take him for a ride around town (hitting as many potholes as possible). That fuckin' useless cunt. YOu guys saw his post about him being a representative of the band and how's "they" are gonna take legal action and all that bullshit? hehe. What a fuckin' moron. Hey Dr.Evil, would you like 1 trillion dollars with that? How about just a big tall glass of shut the fuck up juice?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 07, 2002 12:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can I ride shotgun?

I am 100% positive it's not Yuri, different ISP for starters and anyway, Yuri is not a malicious, immature attention seeking malcontent. The troll's recent post on the Celtic Frost board really did sum up his character "I have no friends." Obviously he is just a sad case with Narcissistic Personality Disorder who should be ignored because what he really needs is to seek some professional help and engaging in discussion with him just feeds his need for attention...

"The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

Human beings are social creatures and need social interaction, feedback, and validation of their worth. The emotionally mature person doesn't need to go hunting for these; they gain it naturally from their daily life, especially from their work and from stable relationships. Daniel Goleman calls emotional maturity emotional intelligence, or EQ; he believes, and I agree, that EQ is a much better indicator of a person's character and value than intelligence quotient, or IQ.

The emotionally immature person, however, has low levels of self-esteem and self-confidence and consequently feels insecure; to counter these feelings of insecurity they will spend a large proportion of their lives creating situations in which they become the centre of attention. It may be that the need for attention is inversely proportional to emotional maturity, therefore anyone indulging in attention-seeking behaviours is telling you how emotionally immature they are.

Attention-seeking behaviour is surprisingly common. Being the centre of attention alleviates feelings of insecurity and inadequacy but the relief is temporary as the underlying problem remains unaddressed: low self-confidence and low self-esteem, and consequent low levels of self-worth and self-love.

Insecure and emotionally immature people often exhibit bullying behaviours, especially manipulation and deception. These are necessary in order to obtain attention which would not otherwise be forthcoming. Bullies and harassers have the emotional age of a young child and will exhibit temper tantrums, deceit, lying and manipulation to avoid exposure of their true nature and to evade accountability and sanction."
-Tim Field

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 07, 2002 12:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doctor Noitall comes up wit da goods!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 07, 2002 13:27     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like I said before...I'm done with the official site, I will not post there ever.
Yes getting a real moderator would help but who can do that?

Azathoth
VoivodFan
Member # 98

posted August 07, 2002 14:16     Profile for Azathoth   Email Azathoth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
teabag anyone?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 07, 2002 15:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hexonxonx, IMO, I don't know that it's actually a question of who the 'official' site should be, but more of a 'why don't they care about how the official site is moderated?' issue. Maybe they've given YJ the go-ahead to run his site any way he wants to, but who really knows? One way to find out though would be to ask them:

Courage Artists & Touring Inc. http://www.courageartists.com

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted August 07, 2002 16:32     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't know anyone involved but i know this is the way it is:
management made yuri's site the "official" site because he already owned the domain name voivod.com - making this the most logical choice
it's an officious situation
they don't have a real site cause there's nothing to promote and it costs money
they will probably make a real site when the new album comes out
yuri knows this is inevitable and that's why he banned people, overreaction and paranoia
the same thing happened w/ the king diamond camp
there is a fan's site listed as the official site in house of god CD but if you go there now, it says "i don't know why they took official status away from my site"
one of the bands management decided to make a site: worldwide coven, so they stopped sending the other dude stuff
the only connection voivod.com has w/ the band is a statement from away once every six months, right?
plus, yuri doesn't come around but once a month, and he doesn't get paid for it
it's a fan slavin' for the band

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 07, 2002 18:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Man, there is some funny shit goin down over at vv.com this afternoon!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 18:06     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhed, you fucking crack me up again and again! Keep it up, man!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 07, 2002 19:42     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone called us Nazi's ? HAR-HAR-HAR..
Man it may take a band member to save that site. Ahh well to the good ol days((damn things dont last long anymore))

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 07, 2002 20:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
voivod.com Name Registration expires next year. Legally, would it be possibe for the Band to block his Renewal of the name?

Me and my silly questions.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 07, 2002 22:38     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will also continue to post there. I do my daily rounds where I check into all the forums I post in and news sites I like. If there's something interesting or if I just have to say my piece, I will. Lately I've been rather silent over there (and here as well if you'll all forgive me) as I've been floating around a couple of other forums. I really gotta get a life!
Regardless of who the moderator/site 'god' is or what drama has happened in the past (and the present it would seem) it is still the OFFICIAL site and I almost feel obligated to try and bring some sort of dignity back to it. This is why I've been ignoring the troll and believe me, it is very hard. I would love to stomp that fuckers head in, but he seems mildly retarded so he'll eventually stick his tongue in an electrical socket or something and that will be the end of him.
I'm just going to wait for Yuri to erase those stupid threads and get his shit together before I go back to regular posting over there. He really should, 'cause in the end it makes the band look bad.
Problem is, if I go there and say it...I might get banned!
Peace

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 08, 2002 12:12     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yuri is BACK!

And he is...a little PISSED!

My apologies for even suspecting him in this.

I certainly hope that all can get back to NORMAL now.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 08, 2002 12:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far... I can't imagine "IT" will be able to remain silent for two long. It looks like St. Michael had to step in on the CF board as well.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 12, 2002 06:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The blokes a cunt. The end.
Azathoth
VoivodFan
Member # 98

posted August 12, 2002 23:12     Profile for Azathoth   Email Azathoth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I AM NOT "IT" YOU GODDAMN SOCIAL REJECTS!
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 13, 2002 00:41     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey EZOTOOTH! Go lay down somewhere and stop fucking with people.

Sorry Warcorpse, I'm feeling froggy here.

Azathoth
VoivodFan
Member # 98

posted August 16, 2002 14:34     Profile for Azathoth   Email Azathoth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I will also continue to post there. I do my daily rounds where I check into all the forums I post in and news sites I like. If there's something interesting or if I just have to say my piece, I will. Lately I've been rather silent over there (and here as well if you'll all forgive me) as I've been floating around a couple of other forums. I really gotta get a life!
Regardless of who the moderator/site 'god' is or what drama has happened in the past (and the present it would seem) it is still the OFFICIAL site and I almost feel obligated to try and bring some sort of dignity back to it. This is why I've been ignoring the troll and believe me, it is very hard. I would love to stomp that fuckers head in, but he seems mildly retarded so he'll eventually stick his tongue in an electrical socket or something and that will be the end of him.
I'm just going to wait for Yuri to erase those stupid threads and get his shit together before I go back to regular posting over there. He really should, 'cause in the end it makes the band look bad.
Problem is, if I go there and say it...I might get banned!
Peace

You make the band look bad.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 16, 2002 16:42     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How? Explain yourself. I always do. Maybe you could show the same courtesy.

Oops, I said I was going to ignore the troll. My bad.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan