my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 1988 Ace of Spades

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1988 Ace of Spades
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 05, 2002 08:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an MP3 of "Ace of Spades" by Voïvod. The only infos I have is *live 1988, with Fritz of Northern Vulture*. Quality is medium decent.

Does anybody know when and where exactly it was recorded?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 05, 2002 08:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have that too. I dont think that is Voivod.

Anyone have info on this?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 05, 2002 10:03     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Browny, haha. No.

Wasn't that Blinky?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 05, 2002 10:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't heard that yet but I did recently receive a Northern Vultures cd in the mail the other day from Manipulator who informed me that they used to practice next door to Voivod back in the day... so that would make sense I suppose! Pretty good stuff too actually!
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted August 05, 2002 11:16     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup, that's them allright with Fritz. don't ask for details tho', it's all a bit misty

hope you also enjoy "from the cradle to the grave" absolute classic !

"and unless you can react against the brainwash from the start; your government will rule your mind and your mind will rule your heart. you'll conform to every social law and be the system's slave, from birth to school to work to death from the cradle to the grave"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 05, 2002 11:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhm... From the Cradle to the Grave.. wasnt that the SubHumAns, too?

I dont really remember the Vultures.. saw em on Tv a few times... their manager (Michel) was alot bigger than them (in every sense of teh word), anyway

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted August 05, 2002 11:54     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah! Big Michel, it'll be a hell of a party when we get down there

yes, SubHumAns, best punk band ever. they can't be touched. never sold out, you can still buy their cds for 11 bucks canadian. Citizen phish is well worth a listen too.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 05, 2002 16:50     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I got a hold of that mp3 a couple years ago, it said that it was a take from a rehearsal room. I think that is definitely Blacky and Piggy on that recording.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 05, 2002 17:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anybody want to email this to me I'd be happy to post it here for everyone to check out!!! Besides, I've never even heard the damn tune ('cept the Motorhead version)! C'mon, show X-D some love! LOL!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 06, 2002 07:07     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might do it today, or tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

...out of friendship, not love!

Don't get me wrong, huh.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 06, 2002 17:10     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Yeah, friendship... that's what I meant Now ya got me all embarassed there Outcast.

An email coming your way!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 06, 2002 20:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! All I got say is the love is felt! Thanks guys! I heard from Outcast, Skulhed, Neutrino, and finally Blacky, all offering this tune which was sent to me by our favorite Vodfan babe, Noitall!

This is the best version of this tune available! EDIT: See my later post for the new link!

Thanks guys! You all are the reasons why this forum is so damn sweet! Well, this and Warcorpse's cool demeanor, superior site management, and Morgothian design skills! Viva Le Voivodfan.com!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 07, 2002 14:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
kick ass.
Can anyone translate what they're talking about in the first few seconds?

ok here we go:
piggy: ah,ah! blacky: ah!ah! (we probably just finished smoking a splif here.)
fritz: it's my turn , snake: you're going to be Lemmy tonight , piggy: yah!, girl(which i'm not sure who it is, perhaps Fritz' girlfriend): come on try it, try it..., Fritz: ok, i will do it like him ...then the damned bass starts.

btw last night I sent a remaster to X-D

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 07, 2002 16:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Warcorpse!

Correction! The file I previously posted wasn't the one remastered by Blacky. That one can be nabbed HERE!

Sorry for the confusion! I think I got some 4 different files of this emailed to me yesterday! Thanks again to everybody and finally Blacky for sharing the "remaster"! Cheers!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 17:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(tit)"And tonight Matthew, I shall be Lemmy from Motorhead"
(Matthew Kelly) "Lemmy from Motorhead, fantastic! Ladies and Gentlemen, put your hands together for, singing Orgasmatron, Len from Blackburn as....Lemmyyyyyyyy"

Ok, not that funny if you're not British.

The best Lemmy impersonation I've ever seen was the funny-angled singer/bassist from Mournblade, while they were actually supporting Motorhead at Hammersmith Odeon, Xmas '89. Cheeky bastard even had a Ricky and some warts!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 12, 2002 06:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope that wasn't a 'Ricky' Butcher....
uhh... also not funny if you're not british!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted August 13, 2002 00:40     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh,H...I get that "Ricky Butcher" reference-I'm really into the show "Eastenders"
(shown on PBS stations in the U.S-but they're 2 years behind the latest ones!)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 13, 2002 05:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh!! It seems that show has a bit of a cult following over the pond!!! When I went to Canada to meet my in-laws for the first time they all dragged me to one side to "ask me something important"...
I was thinking it would all be like "what are your intentions with my daughter?"... but what they really wanted to know was what's been happening on Eastenders!!!
Lunatics!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan