my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Napalm Death recording a new album...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Napalm Death recording a new album...
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 02, 2002 14:35     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 02, 2002 17:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For anyone who is wondering that is the VV shirt that Relapse sells.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 02, 2002 17:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goddamn I need one (or two) of those!!!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 02, 2002 20:18     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah Diatribes may be weaker, but "Inside the Torn Apart" totally blew me away when it came out! and also "Words from the Exit Wound" and of course "Enemy of the Music Business" (this one's in heavy rotation here!!) - there's so much in the "new" ND, make sure you give it a try !

Lucid Fairytale !

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 02, 2002 22:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and just for trivia, the first ever actual compact disc i ever bought was Harmony Corruption (cuz it had a bonus track not on the cassette... ha!).

The chain that binds us... GROOWWWSS STRONGGEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted August 03, 2002 09:30     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen several times Napalm Death live and i must say that on stage they're one of the most powerful bands on the planet...

My favourites album are:

1: Harmony Corruption
2. Death By Manipulations
3. Utopia Banished
4. Fear, Emptiness, Despair (i enjoy also the following albums but especially this one cause is the first of the great N.D. evolution...);
5. Scum (really not my cup of tea, but excellent when i'm angry...).

Never had the chance to hear "Leaders Not Followers"... Is that a good one???

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 03, 2002 09:59     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Leaders not Followers is great - too bad it's only a mini album (6 tracks)
Cover songs of 80's underground metal bands: Raw Power, Slaughter, Pentagram, Repulsion and Death (+ Dead Kennedys' Nazi Punks Fuck Off)

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted August 06, 2002 19:39     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scum! My daily dose of adrenalin!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 09:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talking of Scum, I found a brand new re-issue on ultra-thick n' chunky vinyl in HMV here in Essex, UK, and it was fucking £15.99!!!

The cover was orange-y yellow and had nothing new or extra - same sleeve, same inner sleeve, same to-this-day stunning songs.

Only difference was the weight of it. It was one heavy mother!

I checked my own prized green-cover copy last night, bought in '88, and it had '£3.99' on the Earache sticker. Inflation or arse?

I doubt ND will see any of that money, but then none of the current band were on that album anyway. They may as well give it to Godflesh.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 07, 2002 09:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
(...)none of the current band were on (Scum) anyway.

Man, I may be wrong, but Shane plays on side two of that album! I'm at work now, so I can't check this out at once.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 10:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, he joined for the 'Enslavement..' album. It was Bill Steer, Mick Harris & Lee Dorrian on side two plus some skinhead bassist with popping-out eyes. 'Devine Death' is a fucking excellent track - that album is like two completely different bands on one record. Literally, too!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2002 10:06     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shane Embury was still in Unseen Terror .. or am I wrong? "Poor Odie". Strange album, that one, even for classic Earache grindcore.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan