my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » we are not alone

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: we are not alone
Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted July 30, 2002 17:06     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F-16s Chase Mystery UFO Over D.C.

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor
Ever since September 11, F-16 Air Force jets somewhat routinely zoom over the skies of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. But the noise can still startle residents--especially in the middle of the night. And it was this noise that woke Renny Rogers of Waldorf, Maryland early Friday morning and sent him outside to gaze heavenward. What he saw stunned him. "It was this object, this light-blue object, traveling at a phenomenal rate of speed," Rogers told The Washington Post. "This Air Force jet was right behind it, chasing it, but the object was just leaving him in the dust. I told my neighbor, 'I think those jets are chasing a UFO.'"

Military officials will confirm this much: Two F-16s carrying air-to-air missiles took off from Andrews Air Force Base early Friday morning after radar detected an "unknown aircraft" in area airspace and they were unable to establish radio communication. Although officials insist the jets were not chasing a UFO, they admit they never caught up to the object since it just disappeared. "We had a track of interest, so we sent up some aircraft," said Maj. Douglas Martin, a spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado. "Everything was fine in the sky, so they returned home." What were the jets chasing? "There are any number of scenarios, but we don't know what it was," said Maj. Barry Venable, another spokesman for NORAD, admitted to The Post. Rogers, who witnessed it all on the ground, said, "It looked like a shooting star with no trailing mist. I've never seen anything like it."

i can't believe we haven't had this thread yet:
have any of you had close encounters?
here's mine: one night, i was looking at the sky through my window and i saw the shooting star thing ^ w/ no trail
it was really fast and so weird to see i think i started to go into shock (just a little)
it went straight away from me, no stopping, it just shot overhead in continuous motion, but very fast, and it wasn't blue, just sort of bright yellow like the sun

on two other occasions, i saw a star brighten like it exploded and then disappear, kind of like nova but i don't think you can see them w/out a telescope
these were stationary and in the same exact position in the sky but happened years apart

these are probably natural phenomena but have any of you seen aliens or been probed? like in the movie communion
do you think it's real? i do, but, really, what's the difference if there are aliens or not?
c'mon, we gotta discuss this, THIS IS A VOIVOD BOARD!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted July 30, 2002 18:30     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, if the americans can shoot some golf balls on the moon, surely some other species would like to fly their kites here, no?
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 30, 2002 20:15     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent topic...Well as far as i can remember i have never been probed, but my fingers have seen alot of probing action in their time. i think manipulator is right too,they probally just jump in the ole family wagon and just cruising along with a picnic basket(look honey)how primitive,lets show the kids..

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Hatross ]

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Hatross ]

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 31, 2002 05:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"They told me not to tell you!" - Away's response, when asked if aliens exist, in an interview with Hard 'n' Heavy video magazine.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 31, 2002 06:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We certainly couldn't be the only 'intelligent' (and I use that term loosely) creatures in this vast universe.

I believe in extraterrestrial life and have had a couple unexplainable sightings in my lifetime (no abuctions...that I'm aware of), that I found out later we seen by others who were also baffled as to what the hell they were seeing.

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted July 31, 2002 15:46     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't we have any specific stories? even my 5th grade teacher had a ufo story
ok then, does that communion movie weird you out? even if you ignore the christopher walken factor?
ok, i'll settle for this:
schroeder, at the end of disc 2 of The Nightwatch, there is a piece of music that cuts off when the CD ends
it sounds like they are playing it as people file out of the hall (since the concert is over-after 21st century schizoid man)
do you know what this is???

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 31, 2002 18:48     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Cosmic Conspiracies'
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2002 06:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobia, I'll listen to it at work today and post a reply tonight or tomorrow morning.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 01, 2002 14:14     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
well, if the americans can shoot some golf balls on the moon, surely some other species would like to fly their kites here, no?

on the moon...but we never made it there!
here is the proof.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 01, 2002 16:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that was funny.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2002 21:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Phobia
The trailing song at the end of the concert on the NIGHTWATCH cd is more that likely 'No Pussyfooting' that was being used to open and close the KC shows during that time. Fripp and Eno were working on their record during those years and I guess Robert was giving the audience a dose of what he was creating with Eno.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 01, 2002 21:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have that on Tape, Schroeder.
Used to listen to it a LOT!

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted August 02, 2002 19:18     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx, schroeder
i knew you could do it
2 songs on that CD, it's gotta be pure genius w/ only 2 songs, right?
yeah, i love that spacey stuff

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted August 03, 2002 14:39     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
on the moon...but we never made it there!
here is the proof.

Heretic ! how can you question the moon landings. It was on TV ! Millions saw it.
Believe and you might not be left behind!

ps: I have propane power now, let's grill some animals !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan