my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » (Subliminal) Message to the Manipulator

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Subliminal) Message to the Manipulator
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 26, 2002 11:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

from your friend, Harvey Sid Fisher...
Harvey says: "C'mon Manipulator, get back up on that horse and give it one more try!"

"Kick That Butt" -- listen now!

Quicktime - http://www.harveysidfisher.com/audio/qt/Kick_That_Butt.mov

IF YOU'RE UNDER EIGHTEEN AND YOU'RE SMOKING THEN I'M TALKING TO YOU

YOU CAN LAUGH YOU CAN LISTEN YOU CAN LEAVE DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO

DON'T MEAN TO CAUSE OFFENSE BUT IT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE IF YOU THINK THAT TOBACCO IS COOL

THE FRONT END OF THE BUTT IS PLAYIN WITH FIRE AND THE BACK END OF THE BUTT IS A BUTT HEAD FOOL

I WILL SPELL IT OUT I WILL YELL IT OUT COMPREHEND THIS IF YOU ARE ABLE

I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW BUT I WILL SAY IT REAL SLOW CIGARETTES HAS A WARRNIING LABEL

CHORUS:
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP IT BE SMART DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP IT DON'T START

STAY OUT OF THAT RUT RUT RUT RUT RUT KICK THAT BUTT KICK THAT BUTT KICK THAT BUTT

YOU MAY THINK THAT TOBACCO IS SAFE AS YOU PUFF PUFF AWAY

CAUSE YOU'RE FEELING OKAY NOTHING'S WRONG THERE'S NO PROBLEM TODAY

ALL THE MEDICAL TESTIMONY YOU THINK IT'S BALONEY YOU KNOW IT ALL AND THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT

YOU TAKE YOUR LIFE IN YOUR HANDS YOU GOT YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND YOU'RE BLOWIN SMOKE UP YOUR YOU KNOW WHAT

YOU THINK YOU CAN PUFF THAT TRAGIC DRAG AND YOU'LL STOP ANYTIME YOU WANT BUT WILL YOU

PUTTING UP MONEY TO BUY CIGARETTES IS LIKE PAYING SOMEONE TO KILLLLLLLL YOU

CHORUS: STOP STOP STOP.......KICK THAT BUTT......

BRIDGE:
TOBACCO'S A TIME BOMB, IT WILL DO YOU HARM

HERE'S YOUR WAKE UP CALL, HERE'S YOUR SMOKE ALARM

IF YOU FIND IT HARD TO QUIT DON'T BE BEAT 'N DON'T BE WEAK 'N DON'T SUBMIT

THINK ABOUT THE DAMAGE YOU ARE DOING BEFORE YOU TAKE ANOTHER HIT

GET SOME HELP MAKE A CALL GET BACK UP IF YOU FALL GET UP AND GIVE IT ONE MORE TRY

AND IF YOU FAIL MY FRIEND YOU JUST GET BACK UP AGAIN AND YOU TRY TRY TRY NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER SAY DIE

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD HEALTH AND LONG LONG LIFE MAY YOUR EVERY LOVING DREAM COME TRUE

SMOKING MAY NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD BUT WHY GAMBLE THAT IT COULD BE THE ENNND OF YOU

CHORUS: STOP STOP STOP......KICK THAT BUTT

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 28, 2002 16:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello there Noitall,

so nice of you trying to stop people to smoke or even not to start. Here in Holland on pacages of smokes are the words: "Hello you'l get cancer by smoking" and "Your skin gets older when smoking" and "You'll die sooner" and "Your spermcount will be lower" so do not smoke.

What did you think that happened?

One can buy slipovers for the texts on the packages and sellings increased 10%. Everyone wanted to have all packages.....

It is so cool when you smoke nowadays, When you make a package $20,- it would sell.

What i am trying to say is that peaople have their nasty habits and hold on to it. I have friends that some 3 packages on a day together an the daughter is 13 years of age and is already starting .....

I hate to see that although i am a smoker also. i smoke the amount of about 3 cigarettes a week when i am playing biljart.

I do not need the smoke throughout the week but when i am holding my queue and the beer i am going nuts when i do not have the smoke.

I bet the government are putting addictive supplements into the tobaccos to keep the people smoking.

That is the same with addictive gamblers and drinkers. You must not do it but it is everywhere to get on every corner of the street.

It is nice of you to say such things and i know yhou mean right by it but as long as the government makes money of it people stay addicted.

Writen while a little drunk,
best regards...

Paul

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 28, 2002 17:56     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't smoke, but as Paul said, here in Holland we have those silly warning texts on the packaging, something like: 'If you smoke, your balls will get the size of burned peanuts.' As if a smoke addict will give a shit about that! At my work, people collect the packagings and make a nice exhibition with it...many texts I've seen by now and I'm still enjoying it!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 28, 2002 17:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
moet jij niet naar bed??????
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 29, 2002 05:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone tried those Pakistani cigarettes that look and taste like dry twigs bound together with hairy string?

If not, don't.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 29, 2002 06:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought packs of DeMaurier Lights when I was in Canada just for the impotence warning on the box! Cracked me right up!
I wonder if anti-smokers would give up their cars if people complained about the pollution

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2002 09:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here in Brazil the thing is a little more pathetic, 'cause they put not only the message (cigarette causes cancer in your lungs, sexual impotence or whatever), but a photo of, say, a dying cancerous man...

I'll try to scan a pic of one of these and put the thing online, so hopefully you will all quit smoking.

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: SlaytanicWehrmacht ]

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 29, 2002 10:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know h, that a good point about cars -- which I often bring up with the Manipulator when he complains about them. Anyway, I don't care if other people smoke (unless you're living in the apartment below mine, I see this as a form of population control...lol) but I feel bad watching someone trying to quit unsuccessfully and I thought maybe Harvey Sid could provide the Manip with some extra resolve. I admit I've smoked from time to time in my life, usually in the bar with a beer, but never managed to get the habit (even though I really tried at one point, as pathetic as that sounds).

My fave Canadian label:

More Graphic Health Warning Labels

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 29, 2002 10:38     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nowhere on this horrible-picture anti-smoking propaganda site can I read how fragrant, satisfying and rich that first Marlborough Red of the day is!

In a related segment, I'm about to conduct an expirement on behalf of www.cockeyed.com to see 'How Much Is Inside...' a packet of Drum rolling tobacco, or rather, how many roll-ups I can make from a 40g packet. Mr Cockeyed got 51, I bet him that I could get between 65 and 90 from it. So...
http://www.cockeyed.com/inside/tobacco/tobacco.html

I have no intention of smoking them, mind.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 29, 2002 11:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent! This is the one that cracks me up:

I guess it's the 4 year old in me

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: h ]

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 29, 2002 14:57     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
moet jij niet naar bed??????

Ooit. Wat maakt het uit. In Antarctica is het altijd nacht...

Smoking really causes impotence? More than 80 percents of people smoke (I think) and still human population on Earth is increasing.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted July 30, 2002 06:40     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I admit I've smoked from time to time in my life, usually in the bar with a beer"

that's exactly the problem :I have to give up bar & beer at the same time :(

haven't declared myself defeated tho'.

thanks for the support !

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 30, 2002 11:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw, Manipulator don't give up so easily!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2002 12:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just quit. Ahh, fresh air. Going to bars is tremendously difficult. Especially after you've knocked a couple of pints back your resolve is loosened. So I have to avoid them.

Manipulator, here is my suggestion: I've been fighting cigarettes for the last ten years. On and off..etc.. The only way I can stay off is by getting out and exercising. Try to quit for a day by chewing a lot of gum, lolipops, or whatever...then get up early the next morning and jog. Jog until you're ready to fall over. This self-inflicted pain is just about the only way I can start to see the light. Follow the jogging with some push-ups and chin-ups. You will feel exhausted but also, how should I say, cleaned out. Your system is refreshed. In your struggle to breathe you realize how dumb cigarette smoking is. It is quite a nice feeling. That is the only way I can quit. By replacing the nicotine feeling with another rush. I know what you're going through though. Nicotine addiction is ferocious. But you might try my method. Of course you have to keep up with the exercise to maintain this "natural, healthy rush" or the nicotine withdrawals will overtake you.

Hmmm...Manipulator, might you go by another name...I wonder who...? Good luck my friend.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 30, 2002 13:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quit for just over 3 years. Didn't even have a joint! Sheesh... seems like a long time ago now!!! I found the best way to quit was to dive in! I quit at 9pm on a saturday night. I didn't tell anyone and a whole load friends took me on an all night bender. they were offering smokes to me for 7 continuous beer-drenched hours. I figured if I could make it through one night of booze then I can kick the habit. That was a very difficult night, but I didn't even look at another cigarette until years later.... But that's another story !
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 30, 2002 14:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank-kew very much Mezcalhead. Hear that Manip, exercise is the key! C'mon down to the Centre du Plateau - otherwise known as the sweat pit - and keep the other rats in the cage company.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2002 15:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, maybe I should produce a How to Stop Smoking Instructional Video.

The Manipulator and h, my first two converts, could be in the video. Two hours of the three of us doing aerobics in our Voivod shirts only pausing to talk to the bodacious babes in the gym.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 30, 2002 16:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"1..and..2..and..BREATHE..cough,cough,cough.."
Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted July 30, 2002 16:24     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
go to Quitters, Inc...wait a minute, that's just a stephen king story i read last night

you could try cutting back to just 1 or 2 cigarettes a day
that's all i smoked for the past 6/7 years
i went from almost a pack a day to 2 a day instantly
i don't see what all this nicotine addiction fuss is about
plus when you only smoke 1 or 2 a day, it turns into a much more enjoyable habit
and it's not no sissy "light" cigarettes i'm talking about, i smoked Marlboro reds
a big help would be to occupy your hands all the time: i practice guitar nonstop
the guitar may be your only hope
au fond, Mezcalhead is right, exercise is the key

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted July 30, 2002 18:26     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, well aware of the stupidity of smoking and was on a good streak, but the bar & beer got me. I know, i'm so weak before my addictions. But as I said, i'm not quitting quitting, if that makes any sense.

i haven't abandonned the idea of the gym either Nia, we can have some fun at the expense of DJ Moron :D

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 31, 2002 19:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You missed all the fun at the gym today Manipulator, the guy who grunts like he has Tourette's Syndrome was there...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan