my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jan'84 To The Death Demo Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jan'84 To The Death Demo Question
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted July 25, 2002 13:42     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was just looking through my old Iron Gang catalogues. on the "January 84 Demo To The Death!!" 3 songs (buried alive, evil and bursting out) are not originally by Voivod. obviously the first one is Venom, which band(s) wrote the other 2 originally?
 |  IP: Logged
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted July 25, 2002 13:53     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a guess, but could Bursting Out be Jethro Tull?
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted July 25, 2002 14:30     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Jethro Tull? Voivod with flutes? Harmonica was bad enough, "Burstin' Out" is also a Venom tune.

Whoops! But now that ya got me thinkin'... Voivod with flutes would have gone well with all the puffy pirate shirt thing. Sorry, Sorry. I know it's a dead horse.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 25, 2002 14:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Evil is a Mercyful Fate cover.

Jethro Tull? Too funny!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 25, 2002 17:01     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you imagine Voivod doing a Jethro Tull cover? Replace the flute with guitar of course, but it might not sound too bad. Maybe Cross Eyed Mary or My God?

Maybe I should stop huffing gas.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Nuclear Vampire ]

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 25, 2002 17:16     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally...I like the VOIVOD with Flute and Pirate Shirts Idea!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 26, 2002 05:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw Foot man.... you see what you started?!!!
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 01, 2002 14:04     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
flute! that's a good one, I asked snake to trade his harmonica for a flute but he didn't want to learn the whole blow-in the mouth piece thing, so he stick with the harmonica, that we actually only used 9 years later. takes time to develop skills! yeap, bursting out was a venom cover as well, mercyful fate was a hard one to decide on , since snake's voice is not close to KD's.

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: blacky ]

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 02, 2002 05:55     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still, I'd like to hear Voïvod's rendition of "Evil". I like the instrumental part of this song, the bass break that leads to the solos in the end.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan