my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Currently playing (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Currently playing
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 23, 2002 18:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky...You are playing WHAT??
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 24, 2002 05:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlaytanicWehrmacht:
That's the one with A.J. Pero on the drums!!!!

That boy is one Sick Mother Fucker!!!!!

Right now... giving phobos another blast. Being one of the Snake 'purists', I'm a little ashamed at how long it's taken me to accept this record!!! The title track is killer. But... I guess you all knew that already!!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 24, 2002 16:06     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I Ain't Got None" by Coolbone from New Orleans! Don't normally like hip-hop, but there are some phat horns that make it all better
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 24, 2002 16:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all, HELLO HYPERGRRL! Thought we lost you afer the Bonzai Kitty thread! Good to see you back!

Currently playing... "Blaze In" by Acid King... the first track from the Acid King/Clearlight split cd I just picked up the other day.

After that, I have the following discs cued up:
Swans - Omniscience
Voivod - Kronik
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: X-D ]

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted July 24, 2002 19:10     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaaaahhh, Dopethrone.......

at the sign of the swinging cymbal/Brian Fahey

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 24, 2002 19:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
First of all, HELLO HYPERGRRL! Thought we lost you afer the Bonzai Kitty thread! Good to see you back!
[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: X-D ]

I am still alive! THanks for missing me X-D I don't have internet access at home anymore and finding the time at work to play on the computer is hard to come by. I am under constant observation.....alas, the life of a lab rat.

Drew Johnston
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 91

posted July 24, 2002 19:58     Profile for Drew Johnston   Email Drew Johnston     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Beyond - Chasm
Dark Tranquility - The Mind's Eye
Plaid Retina - Mind Tracing The Going Down
Last Crack - RunHeadStartScreaming

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 24, 2002 20:21     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl!!!
You are here!!!

Great to see you!
I was also wondering if things were well with you!
Too bad about not having enough free time at work & about your Home Computer situation.
Well...keep checking us out when you are able! VOIVOD RULES FORREVER!!!

Now, if we could just find Imran X somewhere.
(He disappeared as well.)

Right now i am BLASTING.....SLAYER 'Decade of Aggression Live!' 'War Ensemble' is just started. King Kula is now Bashing-up his Apartment in a Drunken, Single-Man Moshpit of Rage!!!!!!

...not really. But i'm Thinking about it!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 24, 2002 20:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beck- Mutations

Any other fans of the Beckmeister on here? I know Away likes them.

Bout to drop something else on, hmmm....I think I'm going for the Swarm ep....

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 24, 2002 21:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drew Johnston:
The Beyond - Chasm
Last Crack - RunHeadStartScreaming

Where the hell did you get Last Crack - RunHeadStartScreaming

These guy are amazing and I never knew anything got released after Burning Time. I though Buddo went off to become a psychiatrist after the tour ended. I saw them live with Wrathchild America in Baltimore for the Burning Time tour and they were incredibly powerful. I must track this cd down...that is my mission!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 24, 2002 22:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I remember this band Last Crack. Very odd group right? What's the music like Schroeder?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 25, 2002 00:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Autechre is amazing! I played the shit out of Tri Repetae for about 2 years after it came out... came across them in a bargain bin and have been hooked since! Great "band" so to speak

Blacky, have you seen the video for "Second Bad Vilbel" from Tri Repetae? It's really quite beautiful... unlike any other music vid I've seen! Very textural with some very interesting fades.. in and out of focus of these creatures/machines moving around... it's a very vague video and rather experimental. Alas, I digress... I believe it was made by the same guy who did Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy" vid, which is also quite good.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 25, 2002 00:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Any other fans of the Beckmeister on here?

I've got the "Odelay" CD, and it's actually very good, especially for that "Devil's Haircut" song. Still looking forward to "Mellow's Gold", though (Sooooy un perdedor... I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?). Is it as good as Odelay, Mez?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 25, 2002 00:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like that AT video! Creepy in a good way.

Beck's 'One Foot in the Grave' on K records is one of the best things he put out, IMO. I like it cause it's raw hillbilly music. Also Calvin sings backup and who doesn't like Calvin Johnson? No one does the shimmy like CJ.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 25, 2002 05:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drew Johnston:
The Beyond - Chasm

Fuck yeah! That's a killer album. I'm gonna have to dust it off. Thanks for reminding me! I can hear the opening chords of Cypress Era right now (think that's what it's called!!!!!)

Blacky - go and jam with Belle & Sebastian. Christ knows they need livening up!!! Blower Bass all over the place might make them listenable!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 25, 2002 05:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LAST CRACK is kinda hard to sum up. Very deep lyrics and powerfully delivered. Can go from being very beutiful to be being heavy. Burning Time is just an incredible album to listen to, the singer delivers every word with conviction and the musicians solidify each piece without overplaying it.

A must have for anyone who like well great rock music with balls, energy, and brilliance.

Drew, I can't find Last Crack - RunHeadStartScreaming anywhere online...I'm going crazy. Are there other bands that you would suggest to those into Last Crack? What are
The Beyond - Chasm
like? I haven't heard any of them, and anyone who has Last Crack has my attention when suggesting other bands.
Thanks

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted July 25, 2002 08:02     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know, Last Crack's RunHeadStartScreaming was an independant release. If I remember correctly, I dl'd it from the Last Crack website (which seems to be down at the moment). I don't know if you can still find it anywhere or not. Have you heard White Fear Chain? It was the members of Realm with Buddo singing. I have a copy of that as well. All good stuff.
How is the Burning Time album? I need to find that one.

2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted July 25, 2002 08:13     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sun City Girls - "Calcutta Codeine Coma"....and my boss FUCKING HATES IT!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 25, 2002 10:47     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I get home:

One Step Too Far - The Beyond

I Fought In A War - B & S, or a bit of it anyway. Good to wash up to.

Lucifer Sam - Floyd, or Late Night from Syd's solo stuff.

Then I gotta get on and write some more tunes myself!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 25, 2002 23:12     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I believe it was made by the same guy who did Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy" vid, which is also quite good.

i think it may be him; i can't seem to find those videos anywhere anymore. Richard D James is definitely one of the most talented artists i know, i never heard anything from him that wasn't good and that's pretty rare. one of my fav from him is the double ambient works v.2 , i had to buy it again two years ago cause my first copy was so scratched from handling it! crazy, i know. i never saw autechre live but one of my best friend saw them and didn't like them much, which i can understand since they don't really play anything live, only their pc’s and some keyboards, this makes me think that is one of the drawbacks with this type of music, ambient dub, techno schizoid, electro new music, what ever you call it. live it usually sucks, one exception...Underworld, these guys were excellent, saw them years ago in Glasgow.

drift
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 83

posted July 25, 2002 23:40     Profile for drift   Email drift     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTEcrazy, music, what ever you call it. live it usually sucks, one exception...Underworld, these guys were excellent, saw them years ago in Glasgow.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I agree I saw Underworld at Glastonbury a few years ago and the sound and show was brilliant. I'm Listening to Main a lot lately (ex Loop) Hydra-calm esp. is a great ambient albulm which uses a lot of layered guitar/ guitar effects rather than electronics ,really worth checking out. Blacky you are a kick ass bass player, with an awesome style! I can understand why you left the 'vod but it was a damn sad day...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 26, 2002 07:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky...Do you like FUTURE SOUNDS OF LONDON, or, ORB?

I love that stuff!
Great at 3 in the morning when your stoned out of your mind!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 26, 2002 10:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blacky:
i never saw autechre live but one of my best friend saw them and didn't like them much, which i can understand since they don't really play anything live, only their pc’s and some keyboards, this makes me think that is one of the drawbacks with this type of music, ambient dub, techno schizoid, electro new music, what ever you call it.

I had the same experience as your friend about a year ago... I was pretty excited to see Autechre when they came here and it was pretty much a big disapointment as there was no focused energy anywhere on stage and the crowd was just wondering around... not really knowing what the hell to do! Love the albums though... Still, I bought a cool t-shirt!

I think I'm in agreement with you about the Selected Ambient Works II cd! Although I like much of the Aphex Twin stuff, I prefer the ambient side of his work...

I got heavily into this area of music a few years back and bands like Autechre, Aphex Twin, Dead Voices On Air, James Plotkin and Main among others were all major parts of my listening agenda.

Actually, before my post gets too long, I'm curious Blacky, have you ever gotten much into guitarist James Plotkin's more ambient/electronic work? One of my "wishful thinking" projects has been for you and him to work together on some wacked out album... anyway I'm curious what you think of him?

Drift, thank you for confirming that there is another Main fan out there! One of my all time favorite band/projects! Hz is one of my top ten favorite albums of all time! I think Hampson and co. would greatly appeal to the more esoteric Vodheads!

King Kula, I also dig FSOL too! Dead Cities and ISDN are my favs by them! One of the first electronic/ambient act I ever got into!

Glad to see more Vodheads into this stuff!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 26, 2002 11:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2scared2scream:
Sun City Girls - "Calcutta Codeine Coma"....and my boss FUCKING HATES IT!

Huh, I never thought I would find someone else on this board who digs the SCG. Cool.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2002 09:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Darkthrone - Weakling avenger", from the "Plaguewielder" CD. Next in line is "Witchery - Symphony For The Devil".

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan