my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod bootleg.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod bootleg.
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 14, 2002 05:25     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't we use the newsgroups for posting some Voivod bootlegs on mp3.
Are any of you familair with this?

Let me know so I can start posting the Voivod demo's and a good sounding bootleg from the Nothingface tour.
The newsgroup I willl post this is called alt.music.voivod

Serpent.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 14, 2002 09:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Serpent's idea is very good. Unfortunately I will not be able to participate since I don't have a high-speed connection. That's too bad because I know everybody on here is dying to get a hold of my bluegrass album collection.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Mezcalhead ]

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2002 12:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Newsgroups. Great Idea, but not everyone is able to get into the same Newsgroup Servers.
For instance...My Newsgroups are with Earthlink. Nobody else can get to them unless they have service from Earthlink.

So...What Newsgroups Service did you put that VOIVOD on?

I have a Cajun Music CD by 'The Hackberry Ramblers' that i'm sure everyone here would just LUUUV! I even went & saw them at a Club once! (Wife idea...not mine.)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 14, 2002 12:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, I saw them at New Orleans Jazz fest a couple of years ago and they really kicked out the jams. C'mon, admit it Kula, you were tapping your feet to the Hackberry beat.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2002 13:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If i remember correctly...The Hackburry Ramblers are credited with being the OLDEST surviving Band in History. Theyve been together for over 65 Years. And they look like it too! The origional Drummer died a few years back and they have this Goofy younger guy doing it.
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 14, 2002 16:18     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee King Kula,

do you have acces to the alt.binaries newsgroups?
I post often on the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.heavymetal but maybe we can use the alt.music.voivod group.
Nobody seems to use that group so why don't we use it for what it is intended.

Let me know what common newsgroup we can use and I will post it. I have acces to 37590 newsgroups so I think we can select one we all have acces to.

Serpent.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2002 17:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am currently unable to mess with
the Newsgroups thing untill i can get
this Old Computer fixed.
This is my last Post before i go and Format the Hard Drive. Reinstall Windows. Reintall Applications.

My Main Computer met with a sudden and violent death, so now i'm on my OLD Computer...and it is having severe Registry problems. I have decided to just start over.

It will take me a while to Build a new Computer, but when i do...its gonna be one killer system!

Great idea about the Newsgroups though!

I still have the T1 Computer at work.
I will see about the Newsgroups there.

Cheers!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 14, 2002 19:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Newsgroups are lame. FTP is where it's at, people!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan