my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Volume (The Spider-Band) CD available!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Volume (The Spider-Band) CD available!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 11, 2002 16:21     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought a CD by a local band called Volume. The Cd (released last week) is called The Spider-Band and it rules!

This is from their web site www.spider-band.com

"VOLUME, a four-piece band from Winnipeg, Canada, has just released their much anticipated CD, entitled The Amazing Spider-Band." With the permission and support of Ray Ellis, the original composer of the music from the 60's Spider-Man cartoon series, VOLUME has re-created those classic tunes... including the theme song! Envision Spider-Man swinging through the streets, senses tingling, taking on Kingpin, Sandman, Electro, Venom!! Listen to this disc and you'll get the picture.

Spider-fans, you've heard the official soundtrack, now hear the real deal! Countless hours pouring over old VHS tapes, travelling to Los Angeles for valuable input from Ray Ellic, enlisting the perfect brass players, all contribute to a remarkable re-recording of the music of the 60's Spider-Man animated cartoon. Whether or not you're a collector or just a plain music lover, do yourself a favor and give VOLUME, "The Amazing Spider-Band" a spin!"

I HIGHLY recommend this CD. These guys did a fantastic job. Check out the audio samples and see! I love it so much I had to tell all of you!

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 11, 2002 17:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was me.
I'm just so into the music...I have to tell EVERYONE!!!

They played live on Canada day and I fuckin' missed it! They had the full horn section and everything.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 11, 2002 20:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They must be pretty cool live. Awesome musicians! It's always great to hear new bands with different ideas.

Mean Mr Mustard, hooked me up with some new tune a while ago one of the bands was SCREAMING HEADLESS TORSOS, which really got my attention!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 12, 2002 05:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! I still listen to the mp3's that I downloaded from the last thread about this. They rock! I'm gonna have to get hold of this cd. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 12, 2002 15:39     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The samples I heard just now reminds me of band called Waltari. Did any of you guys heard of them?
They released something simular as Spider-band in 1996 called YeahYeah!!Die Die!! A deathmetal symphony. The cd contains one symphony with a real orchestra, female opera singer and a metalband. Crazy stuff but damn catchy.

Here is the link to hear a sample from that album: http://www.scene.sci.fi/waltari/

Where can I get those mp3's from the spider-band?

TIA

Serpent.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan