my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Porcupine Tree/Tomahawk

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Porcupine Tree/Tomahawk
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted July 09, 2002 12:33     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i recently heard Synesthesia and Piano Lessons by Porcupine Tree and was impressed.

also

sounding entirely unsimilar but cool as well. Tomahawk's Flashback and 101 North were awesome too.

whats some recommendations for the best albums to buy by these groups?

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 09, 2002 15:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you are into psychedelic then get Porcupine Tree's UP THE DOWNSTAIR, THE SKY MOVES SIDEWAYS, or VOYAGE 34. If you want something with a wide variety of styles then get SIGNIFY, STUPID DREAM, LIGHTBULB SUN, or RECORDINGS (which is a collection of rarities spanning their career. COMA DIVINE is a great live cd from the SIGNIFY tour. Avoid ON THE SUNDAY OF LIFE...strange quarky psych/pop songs that sound nothing like what the band transformed into, but is a must for the completist. They also have lots of cd singles with extra songs, and lots of great rarities to collect, in case you get obsessed like I did. Check out mu collection at: http://home.mchsi.com/~schro/Porcupine_Tree/Welcome_Pagex.html

As for TOMOHAWK, they only have the self title cd which is hands down in my top 5 releases of 2001.

Wzmann
VoivodFan
Member # 84

posted July 12, 2002 18:47     Profile for Wzmann   Email Wzmann     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy,

Currently listening to Porcupine Tree

This pleasurable audio experience is known to this poster only because of this forum.

Thankees

ZeeElementalist

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 12, 2002 20:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good to see my Keyboardist friend WZMAN Posting! What a trip! Welcome aboard!
Now there's 2 of us Texas folks posting!
(Better watch out Mezcalhead & X-D.)

Thanks for those Porcupine Tree Suggestions Schroeder! I'm gonna write them down & go to the Wherehouse Music Store tomorrow.
(I have to write down what i want or i'll instantly forget as soon as i walk through the door!)

It is because of YOU, Schroeder, that WZMAN & I know about Porcupine Tree. Now we cant get enough!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 13, 2002 20:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, you'll be sucked in just like I was!

If you wanna hear the track GRAVITY EYELIDS from the up and coming album, go to the official site www.porcupinetree.com and d/l it. It will plack a flash program while the song plays.

The PT show is 2 weeks away...this time 2 Saturdays from now the band will be starting!!!!

CAN'T WAIT

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: schroeder ]

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan