my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What do you listen to a lot besides Voivod (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: What do you listen to a lot besides Voivod
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 10, 2002 01:24     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal, of course! Also punk rock, rock'n'roll (the old fashioned), Beatles...

I still consider the first 3 Mercyful Fate albums to be some of the best music in the metal genre. And surely King Diamond contributes a lot to that.

Some albums of late interest:

CANDLEMASS - Nightfall (which I just bought);
VADER - Revelations (idem);
LOCKUP - both;
MEGADETH - Rude Awakening;
SOULFLY - Primitive.

Some albums of perpetual interest:
SLAYER - Reign In Blood;
BRUTAL TRUTH - Extreme Conditions...;
MORBID ANGEL - Covenant, Domination, Gateways;
DEICIDE - Once Upon The Cross, Serpents;
BEATLES - any;
BEACH BOYS - Pet Sounds;
METALLICA - up to Justice;
JUDAS PRIEST - any, except for Jugulator and Demolition;
MAIDEN - up to Seventh Son;
ACCEPT - any. They fuckin' rock!

|  IP: Logged
drift
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 83

posted July 12, 2002 02:34     Profile for drift   Email drift     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tunbleweed - Mumbo Jumbo
Swans - Filth
Godflesh - Hymns
Techno Animal -Brotherhood of the Bomb
Scorn -Evanessence
King Crimson - Lizards ( I'm likin it)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2002 02:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ANACRUSIS 'Screams and Whispers' CD has been getting HEAVY rotation in my player for the last 2 days. This Album is...in my opinion...a MUST HAVE in the world of Metal.
Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted July 18, 2002 13:10     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - no particular album
David Bowie's new album - Heaten
Slayer - God hates us all
The Cult - Beyond good and evil
Slipknot - Iowa
System of a down - Toxicity
Kiss - no particular album
Mushroomhead - XX
The Doors - best of
Marilyn Manson - Holy wood
Alice in chains - live album
And a lot more...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 20, 2002 02:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slayer, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Dio only), Ozzy, Dio, Exodus, Testament, Destruction, KMFDM (don't laugh!), Pantera, DOWN, Superjoint Ritual (heavy), Rush, Pigface, Lynyrd Skynyrd (RIP Ronnie), Supertramp, anything else that sounds like All of the above
Wzmann
VoivodFan
Member # 84

posted July 20, 2002 21:56     Profile for Wzmann   Email Wzmann     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porcupine Tree ( thanks to master Schroeder ), Nektar, Felix Da Housecat, the Baldwin Brothers, Carl Hancock, and the maestro Roy Orbison
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 21, 2002 05:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-Frank Zappa (genius)
-Miles Davis (Bitches Brew rules)
-Van Der Graaf Generator
-The Beatles
-Pink Floyd
-Goblin
-Magma
-Shub Niggurath
-Pentagram
-Black Sabbath
-King Crimson
-Goatsnake
-In The Woods
-Emperor
-Arcturus
...and much, much more..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2002 05:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After reading all the different list of what everyone listens to it amazes me how different peoples tastes are on this forum. The one common factor of course is VOIVOD but the others are SO varied. You just can't put a lable on Voivods music because they appeal to a wide variety of listeners...maybe that's why companoes had a hard time figuring out how or who to market them to because they couldn't figure out what audience to target once they started writing material like Dimension Hatross. It wasn't just metal heads, it wasn't just art rock listeners, they beacme unique unto themselves because they sounded like no other band.

That's why this forum is so great...because of the wide variety of people that gather here.

My 5:30 am thoughts...thanks for reading

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2002 18:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Todays cds that I took to work to listen to included:
Holocaust - War in Heaven, Covenant
Halford - Crucible
The Organization - The Organization
Overkill - Coverkill
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Voivod - Dimension Hatross, Nothingface
Satchel - EDC
The Who - Whos Next
Wrathchild America - 3D
John Wetton & Richard Palmer James - Monkey Buisness
Yes - Relayer

a good assortment of music to help pass 10 hours of framing

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 22, 2002 01:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Todays cds that I took to work to listen to included:
Holocaust - War in Heaven, Covenant
Halford - Crucible
The Organization - The Organization
Overkill - Coverkill
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Voivod - Dimension Hatross, Nothingface
Satchel - EDC
The Who - Whos Next
Wrathchild America - 3D
John Wetton & Richard Palmer James - Monkey Buisness
Yes - Relayer

a good assortment of music to help pass 10 hours of framing

Damn! How much time did your ten-hour-wait took you? Two days?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 22, 2002 08:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There were acouple of discs that I didn't get to hear, but ya gotta make sure you have enough music to make it thru the day!!!
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 22, 2002 09:09     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
After reading all the different list of what everyone listens to it amazes me how different peoples tastes are on this forum. The one common factor of course is VOIVOD but the others are SO varied. You just can't put a lable on Voivods music because they appeal to a wide variety of listeners...maybe that's why companoes had a hard time figuring out how or who to market them to because they couldn't figure out what audience to target once they started writing material like Dimension Hatross. It wasn't just metal heads, it wasn't just art rock listeners, they beacme unique unto themselves because they sounded like no other band.

That's why this forum is so great...because of the wide variety of people that gather here.

My 5:30 am thoughts...thanks for reading

Great words Schroeder!!!

Anyway after Voivod i like :

Slayer (reign in blood and show no mercy)
Children of Bodom and Dimmu borgir
Entombed (clandestine)
DBC, Puke and DRI (dealing with it)
Iron Maiden (until Powerslave)
Carnivore Bathory and Rigor Mortis
Celtic Frost (into the pandemonium)
Atrox and Raw Power (italians great HC bands, maybe none of you have ever listened to)
Rumble Militia and Destruction
first album of Metallica and Megadeth

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: Helldriver ]

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 23, 2002 14:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems Voivod fans (here at least) are way more open minded and friendlier than other band's fan sites where they treat you like hexonxonx's friend got treated or like on King Crimson's DGM guestbook (when they had it) the fans think they are 'above' everybody else and pretentious as hell, or act over educated instead of chatting like we're all hanging out having a good time with each other...like we all do hear.

Everyone has their own opinions here and everyone seems to respect that. We all dissagree on issues but still remain cool to each other. The very reason this is the ONLY forum I go to.

As long as everyone knows I'm always right and if they disagree then their wrong...just kidding

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted July 23, 2002 15:03     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Besides 'Vod, hmmm...

Lately, I guess that would be Van der Graaf Generator (Godbluff and Still Life are phenemonal) and the Superjoint Ritual disc. Kula's absolutely right, this disc is one loud, atonal, rhythmic assault. I haven't heard something this good and fun in a long time. My mainstays are always Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and CCR. Not very underground, I know

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 23, 2002 23:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
As long as everyone knows I'm always right and if they disagree then their wrong...

Can't say you're a polite person by saying (typing, actually) that. Especially on this forum, in which it is known to everybody that I am the lord of knowledge...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 24, 2002 06:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlaytanicWehrmacht:
Can't say you're a polite person by saying (typing, actually) that. Especially on this forum, in which it is known to everybody that I am the lord of knowledge...

That's funny...but since you agree with everything I type it's also correct. We all need need new 'ego monikers' If you are going to be 'LORD OF KNOWLEDGE' I want to be 'MASTER OF THE TRUTH'.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 24, 2002 06:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can I be "Consumer Of Intoxicants"?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 24, 2002 07:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
- it's not just screaming all the time 'BAND "A" IS C00L!' like in some other forums.

VOIVOD IS COOL!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 24, 2002 07:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

Thats funny!

Can I be "Minister of Mental Health?"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 24, 2002 16:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
(...)I want to be 'MASTER OF THE TRUTH'.

quote:
Originally posted by h:

quote:
Originally posted by Sat, err... King Kula Shaker:
Can I be "Minister of Mental Health?"

quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Me Scavenger Of Human Sorrow.

Hope no one wants to be "King of Metal"...

Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted July 24, 2002 17:12     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about the Queen?????
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 26, 2002 05:32     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have on tape Full of commercial (which i like very much, i wish to have that album on CD) and also almost 10 MP3 downloaded fromn internet, but i don't know their complete discography...are they still alive?

Ah sure, VOIVOD IS COOL!!!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 27, 2002 05:23     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanxs Hexonxonx i should i had to check it out!!!

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: Helldriver ]

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan