my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Please, let it end!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please, let it end!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 01, 2002 19:15     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, this has to be the WORST thing I've heard in years!

Metallica+JaRule

I post this for you who seek morbid pleasures in the pathetic toilings of those who were once so relevant... Oh, what a world, what a world!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 01, 2002 20:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THAT FUCKIN SUCKED SHIT!!!
Curiousity made me download and listen to ...common sense made me delete it from my computer!!!

Who do they think they are now? Limp Biscuit? Metallica needs to go back to the beginning and remember what made the famous in the first place... METAL. It's one thing to expand your musical horizons (i like the S7M concert), but I don't know what they are thinking doing a song with JaRule! The 2 new songs from the S7M cd showed promise...now I don't know what to expect.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 01, 2002 23:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's called "morbid curiosity".. People always wanna see wrecks, and that mp3 is exactly that. Please seek help.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 02, 2002 03:37     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(sigh...)
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 02, 2002 06:55     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steaming Pile of Rat's Cum.

Sorry, but I fucking hate rap and always fucking will.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 02, 2002 07:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh fuck, i said it before and i'll say it again. Once they were my all time heroes but now they suck and everything they bring out brings in cash whatever they bring out.

FUCK THEM FUCK THEM FUCK THEM FUCK THEM

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 02, 2002 07:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh dear. Now if you're gonna talk about sell out, this is where you need to place your aim!! In comparrison, Angel Rat is the most underground brutal death album of all time !!!!

I had the oportunity to check out Surround Sound version 5.1 last night, as part of a sound engineering course I'm currently doing. They had Metallica's black album remixed for this format on DVD. It sounded pretty massive, but the only other surround sound disc they had was Lyle Lovett. And metal it may not have been, but the use of the extra surround speakers blew metallica's attempt away. It seems like they've done it just to sell a few more units in a new format, where as the Lyle Lovett DVD sounded like a different world! If you ever get the chance to hear this format, check it out! You can walk through the sound as though the band are playing all around you... that is unless you buy the metallica version, which is just a way to make you part with more cash! I just wish I could afford to have a big surround set up in my house, I'd never go out.... Imagine Nothingface or Hatross re-mixed for this format!!!! Now that would be worth buying, rather than best of v2.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: h ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 02, 2002 07:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I was reading that great 1986 interview with Away I thought, why not a VoiVod movie? A Sci-Fi epic tale set in Morgoth. Animation? With a VoiVod soundtrack of course. Can you imagine that with that new surround sound?

Ok, I know, I'm dreaming....

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted July 02, 2002 21:07     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was mucking around in the record store and heard some sort of Metallica playing on the stereo. i hadn't heard the songs before so it might've been some of the new material coming out soon or whatever. anyhow, it sounded totally and completely...similar and not an improvement at all on their last 4 albums. yeah, they still suck.

that would rule if Voivod made a video with computer generated images like on the Insect video mixed in with bits of interviews and live shots and whatnot. likely it is a dream and nothing more. but that would sure kick ass if something like that came out.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 03, 2002 00:11     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That really suck but isn't it what these guys are good for these days...where is your candy pal!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 03, 2002 08:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly.
Fuckin' coked out cunts.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted July 03, 2002 12:47     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the thing that should not be.
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 03, 2002 14:57     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica and a fucking rapper!!! That was the last nail missing from their coffin. For me they are buried a long time ago and NEVER to rise again. Fucking dicksmokers!!

The funniest thing that comes in my mind is that I'm not suprised.
The next recording they are going to do is a song with Michael Jackson. Well, I hope later on a illigal video will be released with Jackson boning all of them including their roadcrew. Way to go, Michael!!!

Serpent

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 03, 2002 15:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA, HA, Hell yeah, hopefully a couple of Mikey's animals will be featured in the production as well.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 03, 2002 19:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erm...I think we're getting a bit carried away here.

Undoubtedly shite though it is, this is NOT Metallica jamming with some mediocre C-list rapper. This is a mediocre C-list rapper lifting five or six samples from a Metallica song then stringing them together in Sonic Foundry Acid or one of the countless braindead 'you can make music too' bullshit loop sequencer software programs.

Then this festering tit raps over it, dropping in a few choice 'yeah's and 'lets go' etc after the crime.

Fucking dogshit I or any one of you could do in our sleep, not that I could get any sleep or indeed live with myself if I commited this criminal record.

The giveaway is the bad link a few minutes in. That kind of mistake simply would make it out of a pro-studio. This is some cunt in his bedroom perpertrating atrocity on his PC.

Look, if it is actually Metallica then I will personally do us all a favour and go to 'Frisco and assasinate Lars.

Mind you, nice envelope filter on the chugging riff at the start...I might use that trick myself.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 04, 2002 05:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JETHRO:
the thing that should not be.

Ain't that the truth!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 04, 2002 12:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this the Metallica Bashing Thread!?

Someone hold Lars up so i can punch him really hard!

"THIS one is for Napster!...SMACK!...THIS one is for Jason!...SMACK!...THIS one is for sellin-out!...SMACK!...THIS one is for being an Asshole!...SMACK!..."

Someone stop me before i kill the little guy!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 04, 2002 17:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snagged this from Metallica.com, about the JaRule song:

Lars Ulrich added that, "I’ve never heard anything quite like that. It sits in a different place than anything else I’ve heard. I’ve never heard anything that sits right where this sits and that’s pretty cool."
Kirk Hammett also had a fine old time, enthusiastically describing the final song as ‘unique’, whilst James Hetfield said, "I think they did a great job. There were riffs I had heard before somewhere," he added, smiling, "and I think the song is really cool and different, extremely different."

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted July 05, 2002 03:55     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has James been drinking again?
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 05, 2002 11:20     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Has James been drinking again? "

Not enough because he is still talking.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted July 05, 2002 11:36     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent:
"Has James been drinking again? "

Not enough because he is still talking.

still, rather him than L**s.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted July 05, 2002 15:13     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah, such truths from the mouths of newcomers.Welcome fellow 'vodian.
Serpent
VoivodFan
Member # 43

posted July 05, 2002 16:12     Profile for Serpent   Email Serpent     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hail hexonxonx.
Welcome to the Voivod forum.

And a big fuck off to Metallica.
(just to keep the thread going)

Serpent.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 05, 2002 16:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Hitting Lars won't help - he's dead already, he won't feel it.

Aw comeon! Just a few punches?
It would make me feel so much better!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan