my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » BEWARE OF BLOOP!!!!!! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: BEWARE OF BLOOP!!!!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 27, 2002 07:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked it so much, I married a canadian!!! Then again, she was the only lass I ever met who was into voivod!!! Thinking about it, it was all her idea anyway... fucking sneaky canadians!
Bah!

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 27, 2002 07:17     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Especially ones who try to cross the frozen Niagara River to get into Canada! I have a personal experience in this matter.

This may well explain the BLOOOP!!!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 27, 2002 07:32     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
quote:
Somebody please send Kula a map of the United States.

So let it be done...

A map of America (and the world) for all to see.

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: The Outcast ]

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2002 07:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcalhead...I dont need no stinkin Map to know what River i should swim across!

You are still surrounded, Mezcalbreath.

Thanks for the Map anyways, Outcast.

WORD OF ADVISE TO ALL:

NEVER attempt to cross into Canada, unless it is at a proper BRIDGE!
The angry POLICE who STAND ON YOUR NECK, the night in JAIL, the JUDGE bitching at you, the FINES, the LAWYERS, the ANGRY PARENTS, the Diplomats, the Embassy, the Canadian Government calling the White House & threatening to burn it down again...
It just aint worth it.
There are better ways to see VOIVOD Country.

It was a dangerous & stupid thing to do anyways. For me AND my Canadian friend.
(He was trying to break back IN to Canada.)
We had gone over to explore the FILTHY, NASTY, Trash-Filled Streets of Niagara Falls, New York. Yuk!

April 16(?), 1982. I watched on the CBC as the QUEEN signed all the papers which turned over all the Land in Canada.
It was previously under controll of the Queen & the U.K.
That was a pretty cool thing to see.

H...yeah...Canadian Girls are SWEET!
I had two girlfriends when i lived up North.
That is...till they found out about each other.

With the Temperature being in the 90's outside here...i need to go back to the Great White North...eh?!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2002 08:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyone needs to check out that MAP that Outcast posted a Link for.

FUNNY stuff!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 27, 2002 08:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's class! almost sneaked by that one!
Yurop! There be dragons! like it!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 27, 2002 09:52     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, that's about right! It's true that us Americans are taught to view the rest of the world as "strange" and "scary"! Were working on it though! Once you all are infiltrated with Wal Marts and fat, er, I mean fast food, we will come and homonigize you!

A generally crappy education system doesn't help much either... When I moved back to Seattle from New Mexico a few years ago, I ran into, seperately, three old high school friends who thought I was attending school outside of the country. And I quote: "Yeah, New Mexico, I thought that was south of the border." Duh!!!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 27, 2002 16:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee hee, that map is great, thanks Outcast.

I don't know that it's a lot cooler here right now Kula, it's been humid as hell the past couple of weeks. I never thought about whether Canadian cigarettes were better or worse than American ones, finding drinkable beer in the U.S. is a challenge though. And yes, h, Canadians are sneaky little bastards which is how we frequently infiltrate the U.S. entertainment industry without them even realizing it until it's too late. Look at Queen Celine ensconsed in her own little palace in Las Vegas. They'll never get rid of her now. Lolololol.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 27, 2002 16:27     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the weather is definetly not cooler up here, just the people are.
It's 35 C right now (what's that in Imperial...double it and add 30?) which is FUCKIN' HOT AS HELL! And it ain't a dry heat either. Last time I was in Vegas it hit 112 F or something ridiculous, but it wasn't as bad as this. The humidity fucks you up. At least the mosquitos lay low. Problem is, it's too hot to enjoy! We complain all winter, then we bitch all summer! It's gonna be like this all long weekend too.
Oh well, it's good beer drinkin' weather, that's for sure! That's what I plan on doing: drink lots of beer and enjoy the Canada Day festivities that go on all weekend here.
Happy Canada Day everyone!

Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 27, 2002 16:37     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nefarious Northern Neighbors?

Keeping the war on terrorism fresh and interesting is a top priority for the Office of Homeland Security, and Director Ridge cites that mandate to support his contention that the US should shift its bombing campaign from Afghanistan to Canada.

"Canadian society has a rudimentary similarity to our own," says Ridge, "and would be much more satisfying to see destroyed than any alien, stone-age, Middle Eastern nation."

Ridge also commented on Canada's curiously introverted demeanor and foreign policy: "So quiet and polite all the time," observed Ridge, "who knows what they could be thinking? I don't trust Canada as far as I could throw it."

Director Ridge disregards Canada's apparent lack of complicity in any anti-US sentiment, and it's possible value as an ally, stating that Canada will be most valuable to the US as a morale booster, once annihilated.

Canada could not be reached for comment.

and furthermore: what is up w/ being able to watch jackass but not andy dick, they're on the same freakin' channel, unless...
jackass is a canadian show, hellbent on ripping off fine, upstanding Americans like Beavis & Butthead
-kicks to the groin, Beavis & Butthead
-tipping over porta-potties w/ someone (Beavis) inside, Beavis & Butthead did it all first

and Tom Green:"My bum is on the _____" <<what's up w/ that???

but, i have to make a confession to my fellow Americans, SCTV and Kids in the Hall are 2 of my favorite shows

and this band, Voivod,
i kind of dig their sound
(well, at least when they had that ultra-violently killer bass player)

i think i'm going to need some deprogramming

sounds like Mezcalhead and X-D know what i'm talkin' about, though

guys, i think we should pardon King Kula Walker-Lindh for his treason since he lived there for spell and apparently is still under the spell of the beast w/ 5 crowns
(5 provinces=5 crowns, it's all in Revelations, see for yourself)

we are definitely onto you now Canada...watch your back

Canucks are CANUTS!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 27, 2002 17:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what was so funny about that map?

Ha, ha. Just kidding my foreign friends.

Mayor, what was the source for those Ridge statements? I can't imagine him saying that about our neighbors. Granted they should be bombed for unleashing Celine, Alanis, and Tom upon us but c'mon...(Is it just me or is Green a total waste of oxygen? Anybody ever see the Mad TV skit where they do Tom and Drew?-had them dead on).

Damn, X-D, that is depressing me what you said about your high school chums. But I know that its true.

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mezcalhead ]

Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 27, 2002 17:19     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i found it on the national lampoon's site

i didn't mark it, found it by typing "don't trust canada" into yahoo
suprisingly, only a few pages came up (i think)

and, on second thought, i'm thinkin' canada represents more of a lunatic-asylum-random-frenzy kind of danger than a peaceful-facade-america-killing-conspiracy danger

you got that you buncha hosers
take off, eh?!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2002 18:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe you are vastly underestimating the POWER of this COUNTRY i live in called...
THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS.

I have an ENDLESS Army of Mexicans all Armed & ready to invade the rest of you...Americans!
POWER TO LOS BANDITOS EL DE NORTE!!!!

Get ready to eat a lot of Mexican Food Mayor, Mezcalhead! ((( )))

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 27, 2002 18:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beware King Kula, us here in the NW can take your spicy hot Mexican food and mild it out enough so even the whitest, pudgiest, bland food eating consumer can eat without all those "potentially offensive" spices giving anybody heartburn and instigating a lawsuit!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2002 21:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AH! I see the General has joined the fray!
N.E. Reinforcements to try to cut off the Texas invasion from the South!
HA! You are still screwed!
I will get the help from just NORTH of you!

El Indio...Are you ready?!
Need some fine Vancouver-Brand WHIPASS upon the North East...Americans!

XD, Mezcalbreath, Mayor...
Never underestimate the power of a Billion Mexicans full of Re-Fried Beans!!
We have the power of Chemical Warfare!

Besides...if THAT dont work...I'll sic my friend Willie Nelson on you!

..."for all the girls i've luuuuved befoooorrre...."

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 27, 2002 23:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, fuck Canada. I say we bomb Texas. Can anybody say ALAMO....
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 28, 2002 00:44     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mayor o' black city recently posted:

quote:
WHAT KIND OF A POWDERKEG DOES AMERICA HAVE SITTING RIGHT ON TOP OF ITS HEAD???!!??
JESUS H JESUS, first Celine Dion and NOW THIS!!
THESE PEOPLE ARE OFF THEIR ROCKERS!!
JUST LOOK AT THE RECORD!!:Alanis Morisette,
SCTV, The Kids in the Hall, Voivod, that Canadian accent (eh?), a ton of fruity holidays, part of the country speaks french, that insane flag w/ the leaf on it, curling, etc. etc.
It's just one big crazy mess up there!!

Canada, i'm keeping my eye on you from now on...

Ha, ha, ha! I do agree with you on a few things but... Umm, uhh, we do have some good things up here... Like B.C. Bud (I'm not referring to beer here.), rivers and lakes which you can actually swim in, smoked salmon, a thriving micro-brewery scene, Colts Mild cigars, and clam chowder!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 28, 2002 01:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh, El Indio speaks the truth, but as your neighbor to the south, I can say we share many of the fine qualities thake make up your wonderful city (the microbrews and the weed!)...

However, Vancouver has a few up on Seattle for sure! Better, and dare I say more clubs, hotter chicks, it's cleaner, and no Microsoft or millions of California refugees!

Hey El Indio, are you in anyway affiliated with Scratch Records? I bought Blacky's HBT cds from a guy at Scrath who claimed to be a former roomate of the Blackest one! Keith, I think the name was! Cool store too (I dropped in last time I was up there)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 28, 2002 14:43     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This all brings to mind the movie "Canadian Bacon" with the late John Candy. Good movie....and being from NEW Mexico, I am tired of people only hearing the Mexico part and then going on a 10 minute trip down memory lane about their week long vacation in whatever Mexican town they happened to go to and, "Wow, do you speak Spanish?". But not to worry my fellow Northwesterners, New Mexico will hold back those Jennifer-Olsen Lovin' Texas Bean Farters because everyone knows that real chile has no beans in it anyway!

[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: hypergrrl ]

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 28, 2002 14:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

OOOHHH!!!

Them's FIGHTIN words, Hypergrrl!

NO BEANS!!?????
Ya GOTTA have Beans....and lots of em!
Hell! I just had some Beans earlier!

XD and Hypergrrl...Your Allegiance with the...Americans...shall be remembered when you are surrounded by a Million Farting Mexicans!

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 28, 2002 14:55     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like to think that I'm affiliated with the Scratch people though I doubt they share the same sentiment for I have this terrible habit of going there, getting drunk in the upstairs office area, and then accidently spilling my beer all over the place! I've known Keith for my entire life; our mothers used to go for walks with each other while Keith and I were in our respective baby carriages! As far as Scratch goes, I have hung out there off and on since when Keith first aquired the store back in 86 or 87 when it was little more than a small underground enclave on Cambie street right next to the Cambie pub. Now there is a real swell bar; I'm positive I accidently caught eczema on my severly sun damaged right arm in the very damp, humid, grungy mens room there! But getting back to Scratch, I love the new location. Plus the environment is really laid back there and this undoubetdly contributes to my alcoholism - the staff usually joins me in my drinking escapades! I'll probably just walk in there tomorrow afternoon with a case of beer and just start up again from where I left off...
Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 28, 2002 15:36     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
your posts are only proving my point, el indio

hear BLOOP for yourself!

no fair mentioning bud, man, 'cause this disarms any argumentation from me

i've used emoticons...
i feel dirty now

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 29, 2002 00:59     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I'm now starting to get it. This BLOOP entity seems to possess an amazing supernatural power - using the power of suggestion it preys on our weaknesses and causes us to go way off topic (something which I already have a natural inclination to do) and thus not expose it to more scrutiny! Pretty subtle, I almost fell for it! I wonder if it is capable of causing S.N.A.F.U.'s like the aliens? Maybe BLOOP caused that Russian submarine to sink in the central pacific a few years ago? Scary!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan