my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » BEWARE OF BLOOP!!!!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: BEWARE OF BLOOP!!!!!!
Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 24, 2002 16:42     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just wanted to warn you all:

This monster lives in the sunken ocean depths. It even has a name: Bloop. And that name was bestowed on it by none other than U.S. Navy scientists. At the height of the Cold War when paranoia ran high, the Navy planted deep in the ocean moored autonomous hydrophones--underwater microphones--to track Soviet submarines. At this depth, the sound waves become trapped in a layer of water known as the "deep sound channel." The temperature and pressure keep the sound waves moving without being scattered by the ocean surface or the ocean floor. Typical sounds include the distinct and easily-identifiable noises of whales, ships, or earthquakes. And then in 1997, the Navy scientists started hearing a new noise--a strange noise that sounds like a whale. But it's not. It is louder than any recognized animal noise--even that produced by the largest whales

Before the Navy scientists start talking about deep-sea monsters, they thought it could be a giant squid. While dead giant squid have washed up on beaches, none has ever been seen alive in the wild. So no one really knows how big they are. Or how loud they are. Phil Lobel, a marine biologist at Boston University, doubts that giant squid are the source of Bloop. "Cephalopods have no gas-filled sac, so they have no way to make that type of noise," he told New Scientist. He does believe the sound is biological in origin. Which brings us back to the giant sea monster theory. Emphasis on the word "giant": The "bloop" noises were picked up simultaneously by two hydrophone sensors that were 3,000 miles apart.

i saw a show on the discovery channel a few years back where they let you hear the noise

said it was coming from the middle of the pacific; basically, the middle of nowhere they said

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 24, 2002 17:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for the warning. I hope i can get to sleep tonight. What will happen if that beast comes ashore??

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 24, 2002 17:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with you on this one Paul. You can bet all my doors and windows will be locked up tight when I go to bed tonight. I wonder if I could drop one with a 7mm mag? I'll make sure she's loaded just in case. Damn, and I was just getting over my reoccuring nightmare of being chased through a dark alley by Neil Diamond impersonators.... And Mayor, you have to go and do this. Thanx a lot man.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 25, 2002 00:36     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, you guys are all scaredy-cats.

It's just god farting in the tub after all.

Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 25, 2002 01:09     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, hey, c'mon now... don't sweat this too much, fellas
if this thing shows itself i'm sure our band VOIVOD will once again don their poofy pirate shirts and slay the beast whilst capturing all the action on film for inclusion in their new video for The Prow pt. 2

it's just that i don't think i can take it if piggy insists on wearing cowboy boots and tight jeans again...(wtf?)

btw, do they still celebrate Dominion Day in Canada?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 25, 2002 02:20     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mayor of black city, Dominion Day has been Canada Day since 1982. Today was Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day in Quebec which meant a barrage of 'rockers aux coeurs tendres' like Eric Lapointe, Steffi Shock and France D'Amour (who are collectively a lot scarier than Piggy in cowboy boots) playing to the crowds on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City and at the Parc Maisonneuve in Montreal. I missed it all because I decided to get drunk at home.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 25, 2002 06:18     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's Away's new concept for the album! This time the Voivod goes into the unchartered depths of a small blue planet called dirt (roughly translated)!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 25, 2002 08:18     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. I think its just something down there Farting. Big, Giant Squid fart too, dont they?

That sounds like a great idea!
'The Prow' Part 2!

VOIVOD are swashbuckling Pirates (in poofy Pirate shirts), sailing the 7 Seas when all of a sudden...BLOOP!!!
A Giant farting Squid comes up and attacks the VOIVOD Ship! There are nasty, slimey Tentacles everywhere! Around Away's neck...Grabbing Piggy's Leg...Pulling Piggy's Boot off his Leg...Throwing the Boot which knocks Snake in the Head & makes him delusional...(Insert cool, trippy special effects here).
Away and Piggy then break free from the farting monster and start throwing Acid-filled Baloons at it!
Snake crawls out from underneath the Squid's Butt with a funny look on his face...stumbles about a bit...then grabbs a Microphone & starts singing.
The Acid Baloons are causing the Squid to get all squishy & melty & yucky.
Away grabbs his Drumsticks and starts Beating on the squishy, smelly, melting, yucky monster...which then Farts-out yellow slime juice. (More cool effects here).
Piggy (now wearing only one Cowboy boot) grabbs his Guitar & starts stabbing the monster. Slime juice goes everywhere!
Tentacles are smashing everything on the Ship. (Cool effects here).
Snake is now choking the farting Squid with his Microphone wire.
Meanwhile...the Ship is sinking & VOIVOD are going to be taken-under by the powerfull and destructive Squid tentacles!
What to do!? Our Hero's are in trouble!

Just then...from above comes a Lazer-Blast into the Head of the giant farting Squid!
Brains & yellow goo fly everywhere!
We look up and its...BLACKY aboard a giant flying Bass-Guitar shaped Spaceship!
He's come to save the Day!
Picking up our tired and slime-covered heros...the Blackened Ship of BLACKY, the Ultimate Sky-Pirate (in a Black Pirate Shirt and looking like that Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum guy)...flies off into the Horizon.
(Insert weepy ending shot here).

The End.

Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 25, 2002 16:43     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
these are some funny posts you guys but i don't think BLOOP will tolerate your mockery

very nice treatment for the new Prow2 video King Kutulu, i could see everything vividly as i read it, but...snake already looks delusional (w/out any cowboy boots to the head) and we can't have this blow to the head make him dizzy because then you're treading on britny fox water, so to speak
so i think this is one part that still needs work
btw, you shouldn't be just giving this stuff away for free, then you'll be in the same boat(<again) as yuri, not getting paid for your work

now, noitall, if you don't mind, what the hell is Boxing Day?

i haven't checked out this game but it looks like it might be cool:
eight-legged freaks

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: mayor of black city ]

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 25, 2002 18:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well mayor of black city, I'm glad you asked. Boxing Day is the day after Christmas - the Feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr. In Canada Boxing Day is a celebration of the campaign of 1814, the Battle of Bladensburg. We burn big piles of boxes in honor of Maj. Gen. Robert Ross and the day that the British marched into Washington, D.C., and burned most of the public buildings, including the White House, forcing President Madison to flee into the countryside. Because we "boxed" the Americans we call it Boxing Day.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 25, 2002 19:44     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh???

Is there gonna be a Test on this later?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 25, 2002 22:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, there will be a test, but this is just the history section. You can use your Bonsai Kitty for the Biology take home if you wish.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2002 07:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Due to certain personal objections...King Kula refuses to engage in any Biology Studies or Tests UNLESS they involve:
A: The Olsen Twins
B: Jennifer Lopez
C: Jennifer Love Hewitt
D: Anyone named Jennifer or Olsen

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 26, 2002 08:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jimmy Olsen???
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2002 08:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ALRIGHT!!!
Who woke up H???

No, you silly, Kate & Ashley Olsen!

BY THE WAY...H...
My most listened to CD still...is
'Clouds in the Head.'

It is mysteriously stuck in my CD player
and wont eject! This a good thing.
So...When is the NEXT CD comeing out??
Are you in the Studio again?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 26, 2002 09:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or have you just spent the entire advance getting pissed like you did last time?

Well, it worked!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 26, 2002 10:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Advance???? What's that?!! We've just done a Zeppelin cover for a compilation cd, and there's a bunch of new riffs flying around. I'm a bit busy with side-projects at the moment. I'll let you know more when I know myself!!!
Kula - I'lll re-imburse you for the cd player. Sorry about that!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 26, 2002 14:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, the same thing happened to my CD player as well, h!
Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 26, 2002 16:20     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, very sorry about that link for the spider game, i fixed it and it looks like you run around shooting oversized spiders w/ a shotgun but you gotta have the newest version of shockwave

but if there's any link to check out, it's the trip at the brain link
you download a 21kb file (2 sec) and then it's hallucination city (for 2 sec)

after reading noitall's explanation of Boxing Day in Canada, i ask my fellow Americans:
WHAT KIND OF A POWDERKEG DOES AMERICA HAVE SITTING RIGHT ON TOP OF ITS HEAD???!!??
JESUS H JESUS, first Celine Dion and NOW THIS!!
THESE PEOPLE ARE OFF THEIR ROCKERS!!
JUST LOOK AT THE RECORD!!:Alanis Morisette,
SCTV, The Kids in the Hall, Voivod, that Canadian accent (eh?), a ton of fruity holidays, part of the country speaks french, that insane flag w/ the leaf on it, curling, etc. etc.
It's just one big crazy mess up there!!

Canada, i'm keeping my eye on you from now on...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 26, 2002 17:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I say we invade....and move all the Walmarts up there and clear the rest of the space for parking lots...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 26, 2002 17:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canada has me in it.
Beware.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 26, 2002 18:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, Mezcal. Canada is already chock of full o' Walmarts. What we don't have is Old Navy. Or Target. Yet.

Skul, if you can watch the border from 10-6, I'll do the night shift.

And, er, I was joking about Boxing Day although we really did burn the White House down. Sorry.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 26, 2002 19:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I thought something was up with the Canadians celebrating the Brits burning the White House down in the War of 1812.

You guys have got Walmarts???? NO WAY! I thought they were just here in the states. Should've known better. SuperWalmarts and their Mega-parking lots. Those bastards are invincible.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2002 20:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to live in Canada in 1982.
Niagara Falls Ontario. L2R-1X1.

Canada is COOL, Man.
When you live in the Great White North, you gotta find more interresting ways to Entertain yourself!

Bob and Doug McKensie are Heros of mine!
"Take-off you Hoser!"

The Cigaretts are Cooler than American ones!
Du Maurier...(spelled that wrong i think).
I Smoked those when i lived up there.

Hockey, Canadian Football!....Hell!...Where else can you have a Football Game end with a Score of 42-1??? 1!!???
I saw it happen! Edmonton vs Toronto.

Canadians make the BEST damn Donuts AND Creme Pie!

Even the ZIP Codes are cool in Canada!
L2R-1X1....how great is THAT!!???
Takes you right to the Front Door!

The Canadian Police are cool too!
They dont take no Shit from silly Americans!
Especially ones who try to cross the frozen Niagara River to get into Canada! I have a personal experience in this matter.

SO!...The Viewpoint from King Kula, here in the Republic of Texas....is....I will side with Skulhed, Noitall, Jean-yves, VOIVOD and the rest of the Great White & Never-a-dull-moment NORTH!

Better get some more Guns, Mezcalhead & Mayor. Your surrounded. Canada to the North...Texas to the South (or...Southwest....or West...or something).

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: King Kula Shaker ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 27, 2002 07:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody please send Kula a map of the United States.

Yeah, Canada always seemed like a strange place to me. Especially Quebec. THis was way before I'd even heard of VoiVod. Then when I heard about them I was like whoah, what the hell is going on up there? Its just so different in terms of culture, weather, blah, blah,....than Georgy and Carolina.

And they do have cool zip codes.

So Kula, why the hell were you swimming across the border?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan