my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » File Sharing Programs.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: File Sharing Programs.
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 21, 2002 12:23     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is a list of some file sharing programs for those interested.
Aimster 3.21
AimsterPigencoder 1.0
AlbumWrap 1.0
Blocks 0.17
Bearshare 2.1.1
cuteMX 2.5 beta
Filecat 1.1 beta 3
Filefunnel 1.0 beta 5a
Filefury 1.0
Filemaze 1.0.31
Filenavigator 2.10
Filerogue 1.5
Filetopia 2.07
Flycode 1.0
GnuCache 1.8.2
Gnucleus 1.1.1
Gnumm Build 0.6.05
Gnutella 0.56
Groove Preview Build 760
Hotline 1.8.4
iMesh 1.02 beta build 118
Inoize 1.10
KaZaA 1.1
Limewire 1.2
MediaEnforcer 1.0
Metallicster 2.1 beta
MP3Exchanger 1.19
NapAmp 0.2
Napigator 2.0
Napshack 1.03
Netbrilliant 1.10.013
Newtella 1.0 beta 3
NTella 1.2
OHAHA 1.0
OMNI 1.5 beta
Openap 0.40
Plebio 1.0
Rapigator 2.15
RiffShare 1.0
Scour Exchange beta 5
ShareSniffer 1.0
SongSpy beta 1.328c
SpinFrenzy Xchange 1.65a
Swaptor 2.1
ToadNode 0.94 Build 124
Wannafree 0.998
WinMX 2.0
Wrapster 2.1

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 21, 2002 12:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Imran!

That helps.

Now...which one of those is the BEST?

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 21, 2002 14:18     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I havent tried any of them out yet myself to be honest so I guess just pick whatever name strikes your fancy and go with that. Let me know if you find any of them to be cool and I will let you know if I find a good one too.
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted June 21, 2002 15:47     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KaZaA seems to work good for me.
I've saved lots of money using it.
It's also nice because it turned me onto a lot of bands I hadn't heard before.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 21, 2002 17:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Limewire sucks ass! I installed it on my mac some time ago and it just blows! If anybody knows a good filesharing program for the Mac, please let me know!
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 25, 2002 18:54     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Kazaa Lite works pretty well, its easy and about 2 million people went over to it when Audiogalaxy bought the farm. And a file sharing program is only as good as the amount of people on it.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 25, 2002 19:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am trying something called NeoNapster.
(www.neonapster.com)

It runs on the Gnuetela Network.
Kinda sux...but is kinda cool too.
I was able to get a bunch of TIAMAT and NEKTAR songs with the T1 connection at work.

I will check out that Kaazalite soon as i can.
Damn i miss Audiogalaxy!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 26, 2002 04:22     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
I was able to get a bunch of TIAMAT and NEKTAR songs with the T1 connection at work.

Check out the first two TIAMAT (Sumerian Cry and The Astral Sleep). Now that was dark metal. I didn't like much of their following efforts and haven't listened to the latter ones. Am I missing something?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2002 07:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outcast...You have probably heard a lot more TIAMAT than i have. Everything i have heard i like though. I still dont know anything about them, like...What Country are they from, etc.

I could look them up, but dont have time to this morning. Maybe later after i get this damn UPS Computer to work.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 26, 2002 09:15     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are swedish if I recall well.

I love the first two and parts of the 3rd (Clouds). Wildhoney was no more what I was digging then so I lost *contact*.
"Skeleton..." is a good goth album. Anyone heard the new album?
If you want to hear goth, check out EVEREVE from Germany. Their 1st LP (Seasons - 1996) is real good.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan