my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » grab some air

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: grab some air
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 21, 2002 11:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I might enter this and play "Ravenous Medicine".....
grab some air

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 21, 2002 12:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can i wear my Orange Pirate Shirt?
Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted June 21, 2002 12:49     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
king
what the hell you own an orange pirate
shirt?!
i am gonna kick your ass if you do i thought i told you that if you become gay to let me know or otherwise i'll kick your ass for making fun of gays

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 21, 2002 14:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Jesus Christ on the Cross...

I used to practice real guitar for 4 hours a day but I'm gonna hang it up and dream of winning this useless fucking toss competition!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 21, 2002 15:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If only I'd been practicing on a real guitar rather than playing the air version for the first couple of years....
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted June 21, 2002 16:00     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweet Monkey Jesus!
I still play air guitar sometimes.
....Just hope nobody walks in on me.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 21, 2002 21:37     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn K Helicopter recently posted:
quote:
I used to practice real guitar for 4 hours a day but I'm gonna hang it up and dream of winning this useless fucking toss competition!

One thing which I admire (and find amusing) about Mick Marrs from Motley Crue is a question he once asked in regards to other (I assume "accomplished") guitar players who frequently practice. He basically asked: "Why do you people practice for? Don't you already know how to play!?!" I guess he is one for spontaniety! As for me, as mentioned in an earlier post, the more I practice, the worse I become! Which is the main reason why I've been getting into alot of distortion as of late! My alltime favorite pedal (of course) is the heavy metal pedal! I am really not insane you know. YES I AM!!!

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: El Indio ]

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 22, 2002 22:02     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the place for the definitve air guitar enthusiast: http://mirrorimage.com/air/
I'm probably a better air guitarist than I am at actually playing guitar. See, my air guitars' frets move to wherever my fingers go, so I NEVER fuck up. Didn't cost me a dime either.
Only my dignity, but that's expendable anyway.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2002 05:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I busted up my air guitar a few years ago when performing an early WHO song. Towards the end of the song I smashed it on the ground in true 'Townshend fashion' and also destoyed my incredible set of 'air marshalls'...those babies pushed out some sweet sounds until I broke 'em. The music just took over and I went nuts. There was no way to repair the air guitar or the air marshalls, and I've never played since...I just haven't been able to afford to replace them!!! I've looked in some pawn shops but I never see any for sale!!!

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: schroeder ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 23, 2002 08:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, ha!!!! That was funny as hell Schroeder. It sucks when you lose those air Marshall stacks. Lol.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 23, 2002 17:58     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a rock compilation album released here in the UK a year or two ago called 'The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...EVER!!'

It had the usual suspects (Thin Lizzy, Quo, Queen etc) so you could stand in front of the mirror and..well...do your thing along to the CD.

The best bit was the TV advert for it. Brian May from Queen and Francis Rossi from the Quo jumping around in a bedroom playing air guitars.

I'm not joking. H, back me up on this!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2002 04:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Helicopter speaks in truth! A classic piece of marketing if ever there was one!
Schroeder - if I win this competition, I may get an air-indorsement. If so, I'll get some replacement air-marshalls for you to smash up again. But this time, catch the prestigeous event on video tape for all to cherish!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 24, 2002 07:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS h,
It was just yesterday I was thinking about buying an 'air camera' to film events, but I ended up purchasing the 'air car' that I drive around the house. This baby has all the features I couldn't afford on my real car.

here a picture of it:
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
ain't it beautiful, and Imagine how cool I look in it

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: schroeder ]

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: schroeder ]

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2002 07:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2002 07:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didi you like my air-reply?!!!
Love the picture of your car! This forum is at once the most interesting and inane!
Congratulations to all for keeping me off the rails.
Cheers!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2002 07:34     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play Air Drums!
Looks funny with my arms flinging-about all over the place.
People ask "What are you doing?"
I tell them "Beating Off!"
"1...2...1.2.3.4..."

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 24, 2002 08:52     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was showing this girl how to play the Air Accordian, up close-like so she could see, and my wife happened to come in and fuck me did she get the wrong end of the stick!

I've only just got her to shut up about the time she caught me playing one-handed Air Guitar (just the picking hand doing fast muted chugs) whilst the free hand scanned the pages of Playboy for that funny J&B advert I wanted to see again.

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted June 24, 2002 13:10     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey king your a big goof-ball.
what happened to that mix you and alcoholic man made and sent it to the German guy?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2002 13:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mix was called 'Brain is Dead'
and was sent to the Offices of Werner Hertzog in Germany.
They were quite interrested, since we used the Voice of Klaus Kinski from the Movie 'My Best Fiend.'
I guess now...we will wait for theyre Lawyers to give us a call.

Havent heard anything yet.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 22, 2002 22:26     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry. I just had to get this one up again.
I had my breakdown of the week reading this weird topic

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 23, 2002 07:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, you amateurs. Now lemme grab my air-SG and show you how the pros do it, with my perfect Angus impersonation.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK.... FIRE!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 24, 2002 23:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slaytanic - WE SALUTE YOU!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 25, 2002 05:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you were wearing your air geordie flatcap for 100% Brian Johnson authenticity!
l\/letal l\/loser
VoivodFan
Member # 146

posted November 26, 2002 02:49     Profile for l\/letal l\/loser   Email l\/letal l\/loser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Nuclear Vampire, here's a set of air devil-horns coming out to you, freestyle yo. Bust that out.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan