my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » And you thought Glam was Dead..... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: And you thought Glam was Dead.....
Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted June 18, 2002 12:27     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

|  IP: Logged
Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted June 18, 2002 12:33     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was trying to share an image of the world's greatest guitarist...CC DEVILLE
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2002 12:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted June 18, 2002 12:44     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The World of Glam thanks you immensely Corpsy.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2002 12:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is just the link for Britny:
http://www.glam-rock.de/

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 18, 2002 17:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I clicked on the link, but even curiosity couldn't even get me to 'ENTER'.
Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 18, 2002 17:37     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
at cheap-cds.com, under each band there are listed other bands that people buy who buy the one you're viewing

under britny fox there were 4 bands listed:
poison
raven
the donnas
and...

rob halford HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
and, furthermore, lol

C'MON GIRLS!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 18, 2002 17:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LMAO!

Except I really do like the Donnas.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 18, 2002 18:05     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glam is obviously not dead, Metallica is still around.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2002 19:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like some Glam...but not all.

I LIKE:

TRex
David Bowie
Mott the Hoople
...and a few others...

I noticed Marilyn Manson mentioned on that
Glam Website. I dont really agree....but wonder what everyone here thinks.
MM, to me, is WAY above all that.
He is more Shock-Art-Metal than anything else. I just LOVE all that Freak shit!

Alice Cooper....Glam?
Lizzy Borden...is it Glam?

I HATE:
Poison
Cinderella
Britny Foxx (Sorry Britny)
Guns and Posers (Like Slash tho)
...i could go on.

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: King Kula Shaker ]

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 18, 2002 19:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd say Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Kiss (early years)Lizzy Borden,GWAR, King Diamond and whoever else I'm forgetting are Shock Rock and not Glam. They are (were) more about theatrics, and horror than being drag queens in rock bands. I'll take Shock Rock over Glam any day, but it all comes down to the music as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather listen to Rob Halford, than Brett Michaels!!! I have no problem if somebody's gay...great metal, is great metal.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 18, 2002 19:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I really started getting into music, around 87,88,89, glam rock dominated radio, MTV. Thrash was the total antithesis of that shit. It was like the only viable alternative. I remember a friend and I always making fun of that band Faster Pussycat. Now that was a bunch of posers. Right behind Britny Fox that is...(and I'm sure that happened once or twice, ha, ha).

Marilyn Manson, isn't he just copying Alice Cooper's schtick? I don't get him.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 18, 2002 19:48     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In my case, I really LOVE the Donnas - or at least two of them in particular! Two of the hottest little babes I have ever seen! What does the Donnas have to do with glam? Not much probably but holy jesus, they look GREAT in spandex! I actually have seen them perform a couple times though, I must admit, I have this terrible habit of drinking excessively whenever I attend a show and, as a result, don't really remember their performances! Heck, I barely even remember seeing Noitall at the Piccadilly Pub a few weeks ago! All I remember is this very nice looking lady somehow knew me - I don't recall ever meeting her before not that it mattered for I was too liquored up to remember anyways. Perhaps she zeroed in on me due to my drunkeness ("He's the most drunken person here; must be El Indio!"). For some reason she kept accusing me of running over her little dog "Whore-Hey" with my vehicle. I kept slurring, "I didn't push him out... He fell out!"

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: El Indio ]

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2002 19:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcalhead...

The thing about MM is that he takes things to a TOTALLY Hedonistic and Perverted level.
It is BEYOND the Freak shit even.
MM....IS....ART. His most devote followers ARE Art. And i mean...Living, Walking, Breathing ART.
It is really cool to see this "Movement" in music. We had David Bowie, Alice Cooper, KISS, then the 80's....and NOW....90's & on...Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth and others.
Marilyn Manson is the best of what is Current in that Genre.
But that is only my humble opinion.
MM Band is one of the Best i have ever heard.

But of course...NOBODY beats VOIVOD....VOIVOD WITH BLACKY, that is!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 18, 2002 21:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King, you did not exactly explain why MM is important. You said he and his followers are art. Ok, why??? His music is not bad, I just don't see why Rolling Stone magazine considers him to be a God. Help me out here.
Noitall's dog is named Jorge? Lol, now that is funny. Course I got a cat named Spike so I guess I can't really laugh at her...

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 18, 2002 21:54     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just my opinion of course, but I hate the Donnas. They suck and they can shove all that pouty-faced, three chord, sing-song, "look at me, I'm a girl and I'm playing 'punk rock', I'm sooo fuckin' cool" crap they call music up there asses, shit it out, eat it and fall off the face of the earth. (they don't have to die, mind you - I'm not that cruel. They just have to be gone).

Does anyone here remember the Mudwimmin? Now those ladies knew how to play GOOD music.

Go ahead, rip me a new one .

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2002 22:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN! Hypergrrl is definitely in da House!

Mezcalhead...
Marilyn Manson is ALL the Anti-Hero's of Shock-Art-Metal-Glam-whatever...in ONE.
His influences are everything from Bowie to Iggy Pop to Alice Cooper to Klaus Nomi and all in-between.
Rolling Stone considers him a God because of just that...he is the Untimate Antihero....Antichrist....Antiestablishment.
Its all about $$$. And thumbing your nose at the Religious establishment, Society, Government and others.
His followers are Art, much in the same way as a Supermodel is Beautifull. Except Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder...and Beauty comes in many different ways to many different People.
They are each...an individual work of Art.
Human art. Grotesque...and yet beautifull.

How is Spike doing, anyways?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 18, 2002 23:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spike is fine. He got in a fight with another tomcat and almost had to go to the vet. I felt sorry for that poor bastard he was fighting. Ha, ha. Spike ripped him up pretty good. I'll tell him you said hello.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 19, 2002 06:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I think is ridiculas about Marilyn Mansons 'fans' is they say they love him because he tells them to be themselves, to be original; yet, they all just imitate him!!!

His music can be good; but, I've never been into the whole costume, makeup, theatrical bullshit, that seems to be more important to these bands than the music itself. I rather see a band in jeans and a t-shirt playing GREAT songs than a bunch of idiots dressed up like a freak playing medicore crap rock.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 19, 2002 07:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the music of Marilyn Manson & others in that Vein....DOES speak for itself.
I think CD sales will testify to that fact.
After all...you cant SEE the VISUALS of MM, when you are home listening to the CD.
The music stands on its own.

MManson's Fans ARE themselvs.
Art imitates Life which then imitates Art again.
Would you say that all the KISS fans imitate KISS, Schroeder? Yes! Except...there is no room for INDIVIDUALISM with KISS.
You either dress-up as Gene, Paul, Peter, or Ace...and thats it.
With MM...each Fan is a Unique work of Human Art. All based on theyre Hero...MM...of course...but individual and different.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 19, 2002 08:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta agree with schroeder on this one. If the music is good enough you don't need the other shit. I don't think anyone can say that MM's music is truly awe-inspiring. It's by no means shit, but it doesn't compare with Dimension Hatross! Or even Angel Rat ! I wonder how many records manson would sell if he wore puffy pirate shirts......
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 19, 2002 08:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
h, I think in the interests of science you should wear one coloured contact lense, 40 foot robotic stilts, a pierced Prince Albert, lots of clashing make-up (applied with a trowel) and a strappy little D'ior dress. At the end of the 6 month period we shall see how many more records you've sold compared to the same period of the previous year.

Also, how many times have you been stabbed, ganged by sailors, appeared in Kerrrap! and had Hello! magazine print outright (not to metion improbable) lies about you.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 19, 2002 08:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA! You guys are a Trip!

I think the music of HANGNAIL doesnt need Theatrics.
BUT the MUSIC of MM is quite different than the music of H.
The Music of MM IS good enough...BUT...it is Written with the Visuals in mind!
A GIANT selling point. When you go to a MM show...you are gonna get a WHOLE SHOW. Great Music with fabulous Visuals to boot.
Other bands choose not to have this...like maybe Hangnail. H is more interested in the MUSIC and is not into creating a new Art Movement. THAT IS FINE...AND I LOVE THE MUSIC OF HANGNAIL THAT WAY.

Look at VOIVOD. Look at theyre Theatrics.
The Antics of Snake...the Shaved-Head of Blacky.

MM is Art-Shock-Metal. Hangnail and Voivod are not.
That is fine...because i wouldnt EVER want them to be just like MManson.
But is is still great to see what MM has done.

(Still...i listen to the HANGNAIL CD more than any of my MM CD's.)
I like the Hangnail Music better...but when i am in the mood for something SHOCKING, i throw-in a Manson CD or DVD.
'Beautifull People' RULES!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 19, 2002 13:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL hypergrrl! I enjoy the Donnas live show much more than their recorded stuff but pouty girls in spandex playing 3 chord punk rock doesn't rub me (or Indio, lol) the wrong way. Ah well, ya can't please everyone.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 19, 2002 14:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!!! I'm not so sure about that Warcorpse, Donna F dosen't look like a pushover. Tattoos don't give you extra strength you know.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan