my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I got my first VV shirt

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I got my first VV shirt
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 08, 2002 18:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, its true. I just got my Relapse order in. Got the Korgull Skull black and white. Also ordered Mastadon's latest(which I'm blasting right now)and Alabama Thunderpussy's Staring at the Devine. I am one content fucker! Now if I could only find my crack pipe....
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 08, 2002 19:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! Your happy...I'm happy....

I went to Forrever Young Records today and got HOLOCAUST 'The Nightcomers' CD and am listening to it now. I got it because JY had mentioned that they (VOIVOD) listened to this Band.
I had downloaded some really cool stuff on Audiogalaxy...but will purchase ALL theyre CD's as i can.
(DO YOU HEAR THAT...RIAA...Downloading free Music makes me WANT TO support these Bands by BUYING the CD's!!!)

sorry...went off there.

I also got the Queens of the Stone Age CD 'Restricted.'

Congrads, Mezcalhead, on your VOIVOD Shirt!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 08, 2002 20:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How's the Queens CD Kula? They had some good reviews recently from their live shows.
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 08, 2002 21:13     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i had a cool Korgull Voivod shirt a way long time ago. back when i was still a size medium or small or something, i since grew out of it and then cut the sleaves off and turned it into a pillow case

i am content too, my TOL shirt is serving me well. i'd love to get my hands on an old Nothingface or Hatross tour shirt, which are the coolest looking one's in my opinion.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 08, 2002 21:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This Queens of the Stone Age CD is pretty cool. I like it! Except for a song or two.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 08, 2002 21:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Queens of the Stone Age, you guys need to check out ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY. I cannot think of another band's name that is cooler than that. I guess you would call this stoner rock. Its kind of like the second coming of southern rock. I missed the first coming, so I'm glad I'm here for the second.
I really like the simplicity of this Korgull shirt.

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mezcalhead ]

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 09, 2002 00:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool shirt Mezcal! I've been wanting one of those, but everytime I call Relapse, they're out of stock! Ordered one on Ebay one but the guy ripped me off (the only time I've ever got screwed on Ebay!)

I was gonna go check out QOTSA this Thursday here in Seattle... but it sold out. I was bummed for a second until I found out Electric Wizard is playing in a small club on Friday! Feel the DOOM!

I'm gonna have to check out the Alabama Thunder Pussy stuff there Mezcal, I've been hearing good stuff about them too!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 09, 2002 03:22     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey X-D, if you have a chance go check out Eric McFadden (Eric McFadden Experience?)!!! One incredible musician. He played here last night and said he was heading up to Seattle before he comes back here for another show on Tuesday. He's from Albuquerque too and used to play with a band called the Angry Babies. He's a great guy and fun to watch. Let me know if you go!

And the pillowcase idea is a good one! I cut off the sleeves of my Nothingface tour shirt and haven't worn it for years. Stretch is gonna have her own personalized Voivod pillow.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: hypergrrl ]

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 09, 2002 06:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Outer Limits T is in 'heavy rotation' for what I wear to work...along with my Crimson & Hangnail (which I'm wearing now) T's, they are my favs...especially when I have a rare run-in with someone who actually knows the band and I get to chat about cool music with them!!!

Yes, thanks to JYT I also ordered the 3 HOLOCAUST cds (that were still available) and received 2 yesterday (the Nightcomers & Live Hot Curry and Wine), and can't wait to get to work this morning to CRANK THEM UP!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 09, 2002 11:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think i have like 3 VV shirts... i only wear two of em. I had another one a few months back but it ended up being to snug for me so i gave it to a skinnier friend of mine (who was happy as a pig in shit, so that was fine). Actually, i have another that wont fit and it never did. That white "Dimension Hatross" shirt from the Iron Gang. I got it at the same time the fan club went belly-up, and Kiisti sent in the wrong size. So i basically wore it like once. It,s still at my mom's, i think.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 10, 2002 04:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had a korgul shirt on order from relapse since february. I'm hoping this news means that it's on it's way! I'll be watching my mail box. Life is good!
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted June 10, 2002 08:50     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's see some pictures! Anyone have digital cameras?

I've got 3 Voivod shirts. Nothing old though.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 10, 2002 14:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I've had a korgul shirt on order from relapse since february. I'm hoping this news means that it's on it's way! I'll be watching my mail box. Life is good!

Dude, you need to give them a call. FEBRUARY?????

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 10, 2002 15:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitly call them H! I once placed on order with Relapse that I waited and waited for... eventually I called them and they were like "oh shit, sorry!" and it I got it like 2 days later. Great people to buy from, but sometimes shit like that can happen.

Hey Hypergrrl!
Thanks for the recommendation! I've never heard of Eric McFadden but I'll keep an eye open!

I've had 4 Voivod shirts in my life! Two that I currently wear... the Negatron longsleeve (whic I love) and the maroon T-shirt with the classic logo crest on the front and the Outer Limits logo on the back. In my archive I have my Dimension Hatross shirt (that I ordered out of the back of the CD when it came out) plus a homemade Korgull shirt I made in high-school which I simply wore until it fell apart

Man, I want one of those new Korgull shirts!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 10, 2002 15:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like to wear my Voivod shirts to the gym. I find this tends to disuade the typical gym guy from talking to me. Or maybe it's just the 'don't talk to me' look on my face that does it, I don't know.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 10, 2002 16:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, enough's enough! We need a Noitall gym photo. What'cha ya'll think?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 11, 2002 06:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, February! I ordered it along with a couple of other things. Those turned up super fast with a note about waiting for stock on the voivod stuff. They never charged me for the shirt though.... I'll drop them a line now. Cheers for the advice!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 11, 2002 07:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes...we DO want a Noitall Gym Photo!
One where she is looking all mean & stuff.
GGGRRRRRR!!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 11, 2002 10:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, here ya go:

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 11, 2002 16:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Noitall! I thought you were a girl!?! What gives?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 11, 2002 16:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky is one lucky dude. Ha, ha, Noitall, you got me good on that one.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 11, 2002 17:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess it's time for me to lay off the steroids huh?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 11, 2002 18:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall...You are HOT!
I want to take you out, Girl!

...Can someone hand me another Beer?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 12, 2002 04:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have 8 shirts. All bought on European tours. I almost everyday put them on. They all look worn out but some off them are very good quality. But one i have grown to big for and thats my TOL tourshirt. (Not muscles but beerbelly)
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 12, 2002 14:57     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're in the BBC (Beer Belly Club)too?? That club is ever growing in popularity methinks!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan