my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Rats!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rats!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2002 18:08     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rat attack worries Villeray residents
quote:
A resident of the Villeray district of Montreal was attacked by a rat last Thursday evening.

Marcel Gagné, 40, was walking toward the Castelnau métro station at the corner of Castelnau Street and Saint Laurent Boulevard. While walking next to a wall of an abandoned building, he felt a small animal climbing along his left leg which then firmly grabbed on to his thigh.

Gagné didn't want to remove it with his hand for fear of being bitten. He finally pulled strongly on the animal's tail which made it loosen its grip.

Exterminators say there are, on average, two or three rats per person in a large city which means there are between 4 to 6 million rats in Montreal.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 06, 2002 18:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and you are one of them...

HA! Just kidding Noitall...
I bet them Rats listen to ANGEL RAT when they are driving in theyre little Cars!
They only attack People who dont like that Album.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2002 18:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Angel Rat. Just not the commerically released version... Rats I can do without!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2002 18:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah! Heh heh, go Pop Tart/Pape-Tarte !

http://cbc.ca/stories/2002/06/04/montreal_020604
http://www.entartistes.ca/Gazette21698.html

quote:
But computer mogul Bill Gates is only the most recent of Godin's pie-targets. The Belgian anarchist/performace artist has been creaming deserving politicos, captains of industry and celebs since 1969. Such is his status in Europe that Godin is right up there with the Muscles From Brussels, high-kicking Jean-Claude van Damme, as the greatest cultural treasure to emerge from Belgium. OK, it's a small country.

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 06, 2002 23:48     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is he the same guy that pied Cretien a few years ago? Didn't Cretien punch him or something? Am I making this all up in my twisted little mind?
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 07, 2002 00:47     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A couple years ago I happened to be driving my beater pickup truck - "The Love Freighter" - down Prior street on the downtown east side of Vancouver when I spotted what appeared to be either a very large cat or a small brown dog cross the street a half block in front of me. As I got closer to it, I realized what it actually was - a humongous rat! To date that has to be the largest one I have ever seen! What was so funny about this sighting is that it happened very close to where a freind of mine used to live. Naturally I joked to him about watching it make a beeline for his basement! Being a port city, there are a few grain elevators on the waterfront of Vancouver. Apparently these towers also sport a resident population of king size rats which can grow up to 20+ pounds!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 07, 2002 05:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's supposed to be a fact that in here in London you are never more than 10 feet away from a rat. As long as Master Splinter keeps them all in check, then everything will be fine!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 07, 2002 08:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twenty pound rats??????? You got to be shitting me! That kind of animal would eat my cats. Except I know ol'Spike would give him a good fight until the end. Hey, h, is Master Splinter the name of your cat?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 07, 2002 09:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah.... just a teenage mutant ninja turtle reference! I'm far too irresponsible to own a pet. Had a hamster called clint once!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 07, 2002 14:12     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is one of my fav Movies!

I like Rats!

Mayor.of Black City
VoivodFan
Member # 52

posted June 07, 2002 14:27     Profile for Mayor.of Black City   Email Mayor.of Black City     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
somewhere back in the 80's, my aunt and uncle were living in the house my family used to live in and they got rats in the basement

the house wasn't all that far from a major american river and i think they called these rats norwegian sewer rats or something
maybe i listen to too much black metal but i thought the word norwegian was in there

these rats chewed through the concrete floor
THROUGH THE FUCKING CONCRETE
supposedly they had, like, one-inch dagger teeth
i saw the holes they dug and they weren't small
and my aunt still went down there to do the laundry
nobody got hurt and i forget how they got rid of the rats (if i ever knew)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 07, 2002 16:54     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Another rat movie: BEN ! (with freaky Michael Jackson no less)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 07, 2002 17:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin' scary! Michael Jackson anyway... the rat doesn't bother me much (unless he was chewing on my leg) Still, it'd be better than having MJ chewing on me! Thanks god I'm not a 12-year-old boy!
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 08, 2002 21:18     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
send Korgull the Exterminator out! bring justice to this rodent rebellion!!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 01, 2002 09:48     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Londoners warned rat explosion coming
Reuters News Agency

London — Britain is facing a sharp rise in its rat population as growing numbers of people leave fast food scraps in the street, an environmental group warned on Thursday.

Keep Britain Tidy said the rodents were abandoning their traditional haunts underground and were roaming the streets, enticed by discarded remnants of burgers, pizzas and potato chips.

"The rat population is on the rise and soon it'll be as common to see a rodent on our street as it is to see a dog or a cat," said group director, Sue Nelson.

The practice of dumping fast food litter and scraps on the street rather than putting them in the garbage — with young men believed to be the worst offenders — was behind the rise.

According to the National Rodent Survey in 2001, Britain's rat population has grown by nearly one-quarter since 1998 and is now estimated at 60 million, two million more than the human population.

The average a rat can give birth every 24-28 days, and just a single pair of rats can produce a colony of 2,000 a year. Around 200 Britons a year contract Weil's Disease — an infection which can lead to kidney or liver failure and eventually death and which is carried in rat's urine.

To highlight the issue, Keep Britain Tidy launched a theatre advertisement on Thursday entitled "How close do you want them to get?" The ad culminates in a shocking image of a young woman sleeping in a bed of rats — echoing the nightmare scenario from James Herbert's classic horror tale "The Rats," in which mutant rodents begin to prey on humans.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 01, 2002 10:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
I bet them Rats listen to ANGEL RAT when they are driving in theyre little Cars!
They only attack People who dont like that Album.

Heh, suppose some of the folks here have to be careful, then...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 01, 2002 11:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's true man... London is fucking filthy... and not philthy like phil taylor from motorhead. That'd be cool. Anyway, everywhere you go round here there are 8 year old kids ditching shit all over the floor and their parents don't give a fuck.
I'm moving to BC... I hear they got some good weed over there!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 01, 2002 12:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell! Move here to Dallas!
The good Weed will help you cope with the Heat & Mosquitos the size of Blackbirds!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan