my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Have you heard of these bands...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you heard of these bands...
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 03, 2002 22:19     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm from Edmonton. And i was just curious to see if any of you guys from other places have heard of any of my city's home grown talent over the years. Maybe some of the Winnipeg or Montrealeans know of these groups, hell if we're lucky, maybe even some States dudes too!

some Edmonton bands worth noting over the years have been: THE SMALLS (actually not together now, but there's the CORB LUND BAND now instead)

THE IMAGINEERS
CHOKE(i went to school with 2 of these guys)
SNFU (surely they are quite well known)
DROOL (they might still be together, but they've gone through lineup changes and aren't as good now)
UNSOUND (these guys broke up, but they ruled back in the day! some members went on to form DREXELL'S EYE which was a trippy sounding act that was pretty cool also)
DISCIPLES OF POWER(a good hard metal act, these guys used to live across the street from me and i remember playing street hockey with them sometimes, i was really young then though. sort of sound like Venom meets Death Angel, heavy with some creativity also)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 22:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds cool. I bet my bud NucVamp knows'em.
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 03, 2002 22:44     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they're no George Jones! but the next best thing!!
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 04, 2002 00:55     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm, the name No Rebate doesn't ring a bell with me. i'll have to research that one a bit. as for shows coming to e-town: i did read that Rush are gonna do a tour stop here in September, i hope this year's Edgefest stops here (because Jerry Cantrell is on the bill), it sure sucks though if yer Canadian and DON'T live in either Toronto or Vancouver cuz you get the shaft on alot of the good tour stops. that sucks ass hugely!

the Jim Rose Circus should be by Winnipeg pretty soon i think.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan