my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How will you prepare for the Great Listen?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How will you prepare for the Great Listen?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 09:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Occasionally an album will come out that is really special to me. I want to make that first moment with the music as conducive to full sensory absorption as possible. I have to kind of prepare myself and my environment for the experience. I have been wondering how I'm gonna prepare my ears, mind, and other vital organs for the new VV album.

1. Pick a day when I've had plenty of sleep so I can be fully aware of everything that's going on in each song.

2. Block my kittie door so Spike and his sister will not disturb me(He only likes Zappa and tends to complain if I have something else on)

3. Take the stupid phone off the hook.

4. Throw on my VV t-shirt of course.

5. Listening to this one will have to be done at night. So I can shut the lights off and not be disturbed by Mother Sun.

6. Have my Stihl 029 FarmBoss(with 20" bar)chainsaw between my feet so when the music becomes so intense I can't stand it any longer I can go take out a tree(I threw that in for you envirowhacks)

7. Buy a very nice import brew and possibly another light stimulant for increased aural introspection.

8. I will probably analyze and study the words and new concept beforehand so I won't have to keep referring to it while I'm listening. This may take some time.

and push PLAY.........

I wish I could hang out with Blacky when(or if) he listens to it. Now that would be some insight.

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: Mezcalhead ]

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 03, 2002 10:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Candles
2. Incense
3. Fine Wine
4. Jennifer Lopez

...Wait a minute! I'm Dreaming again!

Ok...
1. Lots of Weed. (Piggy would want it that way.)
2. Belhaven Scottish Ale
3. Lights out, Blacklights on. (I have 3)
4. Stereo cranked to 22
5. Logged-on to THIS site for thoughts.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2002 11:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
STEPS:
1. Get to the closest cd player.
2. Crank it to 11
3. Play it again
4. Repeat steps 1-3 everyday until my brain explodes.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 03, 2002 14:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd pretty much do the same thing if a) i had a cd player in the car and b) if i'd actually buy cds
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 03, 2002 20:55     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ive had my Sensory Deprivation Tank modified with a really good sound system in it and I will go into that to listen to the new Voivod: when it FUCKING comes out already that is!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 03, 2002 21:20     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have a cd player in the car either. The car is the one place where I still listen to cassettes, as crunchy as the sound may be. And you can find some very funny cassettes at truck stops. Not that I hang out at truck stops...
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 03, 2002 21:25     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA! Truck Stops.
There's a lot of good stuff to be found at Truck Stopps!

I'm stuck in the same situation with only Tape Player in the Truck. I listen to a lot of ROBIN TROWER when i drive anyways.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 21:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall, the next time you're at the Trucker's Mall, there is one album you have to buy.

GEORGE JONES GREATEST HITS

C'mon, if you like Phil Glass I know you'd love ol' No Show Jones.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 03, 2002 21:33     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't feel bad about not having a CD player in the car - I don't even have a car! But what I will have is my CD walkman, a fresh set of batteries, a buck-twenty-five for the bus ride to my local independent record shop and a mind, body and soul that has been waiting for years for this most excellent day.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 03, 2002 21:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Tammy Wynette much better than George Jones. I heard she whupped his ass good too, lol.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 21:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Hyppergrrl, have you seen Cavestany from DA again? Just curious.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 03, 2002 22:52     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops, I accidentally quoted Noitall's Tammy Wynett piece....

Mezcalhead, I luuuuv the way you spell my name a different way everytime.....and ask questions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand As for Cavestany, that was about three years ago down in San Francisco. I moved away from SF (sniff, sniff ) a year ago. Why, were you thinking of stalking him too? By the way, did I ever send you my mailing address? If not, that last comment shouldn't make any sense to you. Unless....I thought I started one, but maybe I never sent it.

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: hypergrrl ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 04, 2002 17:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No you did not little lady. Send it on. I can get a package to the west coast in two days. You're working too hard. Take a vacation. That would give you the oppurtunity to "stal.. I mean find Cavestany down there in San Fran for me.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan