my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » lp's

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lp's
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 02, 2002 15:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there,

When i was at the Ozzfest last weekend there was this shop with 2e hand lp’s. I thought let’s see if they have any Vod lp’s. And what a lucky man i was. I bought War and Pain, RRROOOAAARRR and Nothingface in mint condition for only $35,- !! Now i have them all but not the singles and picture discs. Now i will have to find them too.

These items are very hard to get here in Holland. Could anyone tell me how that is over at your place??

In the bus to the festival i talked to 4 guys who saw my Voivod Negraton Tourshirt and they started talking about how great it was that Snake returned and they told me they did like everything before Angel Rat. They said Nothingface is sublime and AR sucked.

I was to late at the concert. It started at 12 o’clock but i arrived at 5 o’clock. I saw Within Temptation, Slayer, Tool and Ofcourse Ozzy. To bad i was to drunk to see Ozzy straight. Maybe some other time.

Now enough of this crap.

Later,

Paul

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2002 08:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, Ebay is usually a good place to find the pic discs, singles, and promos. I got a copy of the clear vinyl 12 inch of Jack Luminous from an auction last month at a good price. Most sellers will ship world wide.

If it wasn't for ebay and all the other e-stores my collection would SUCK. Living on the Delaware shore makes it hard to readily get to a cool record store, and working weekends makes it impossible to make trips to record shows.

Good luck in your search.

So, how were the perfomances of the bands you saw?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 03, 2002 09:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I certainly missed great opportunities I could see on ebay...
But living in Europe makes it a lil' bit scary to have LPs sent from the US (whence most of them originate) IMO, not to mention the S&H costs ($6-10 on average)...

I wonder who won the singles collection last week... Lucky guy!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 09:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, you mean people have record shows? Now that would be something to see. You Yanks have got all the luck. Man, I bet the Delaware stores are light years away from what we got down here.I have to drive an hour and a half just to find VoiVod on the cd rack. I remember going nuts when I was in NYC last summer. There was just so much to pick from in the stores I stopped in.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2002 11:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Schroeder, you mean people have record shows? Now that would be something to see. You Yanks have got all the luck. Man, I bet the Delaware stores are light years away from what we got down here.I have to drive an hour and a half just to find VoiVod on the cd rack. I remember going nuts when I was in NYC last summer. There was just so much to pick from in the stores I stopped in.

We have one cool store for cds called JERAMIAH's, but it's a far cry from the numerous shops that were closeby when I live around Baltimore Maryland. Collectors stores were everywhere and I'd often spend my days off going from one to another in search of new music and rare collectables.

I really miss the record shows that would come to hotels and halls, when I lived in B-more. Spending hours browsing thru hundreds of differents dealers from all around the country was a great way to spend a day (and money), then come home with an armload of vinyl or discs and spend the rest of the day drenched in music!!!

I'm gonna cry

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 13:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fireface, I remember a forum member from Yuri's site called the Ruiner who I believe was from the land of Kangeroos. That wouldn't happen to be you would it?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan