my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KULA SHAKER ... (The Band)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KULA SHAKER ... (The Band)
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 01, 2002 23:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many of you know about this Band?
Let me know.

Basically, KS is what i'm REALLY into right now. Besides VOIVOD of course.
(Strange combo of music, eh?)

I am wanting to collect as much Kula Shaker Rare songs and Videos as i can.

If any of you nice Folks have anything or know anything of interest about Kula Shaker...let me know.
KS broke-up and are no more...but Crispian Mills (Songwriter) lives on in his new band, 'The Jeevas.' They have been touring the UK in "Promo" Mode for a new CD soon to come out.

H...maybe you know about this.

ANYWAYS! I am very interrested in collecting any Kula Shaker (and Jeevas) Songs & Video that i can.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 19:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula Shaker ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a combination of Oasis and Teenage Fan Club. Let me guess, they're Brits, right?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 03, 2002 20:59     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. Kula Shaker are U.K.

Hey! I just had a funny thought!

All these hardcore Retro-Vod folks here are probably laughing at me for bringing-up Kula Shaker!

Since you mentioned Oasis...they are now REALLY laughing!
I can hear Noitall, Blacky, Warcorpse, Skulhed and everybody saying...

"There goes that ANGEL RAT lover...talkin about some British Pop-Type Band!..."

Oh well. What can i say?
Kula Shaker RULES!...oh, yes...and of course VOIVOD too!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 03, 2002 21:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. Because that pop shit is just crazy. I, ahem, sure as HELL don't own any pop cd's. *cough* So anyway, I'm just freaking on seeing the Hives next week. But they're Swedish so it doesn't really count...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 22:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The quote I was referring to from Z is actually a funny little criticism of Mr. Glass's music. About how he repeats the same notes again and again and again and again etc...
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 03, 2002 22:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It repeats and changes....it puts you in a trance....flowing over you like a river....lost in time and space.......drifting......floating.......falling.....

damn i'm stonned!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2002 22:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drifting...Floating...Falling...Foaming...
Flagellating...Flaying...Fossilizing....
Forgetting why you pushed play in the first place....

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 04, 2002 01:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey King Kula!

Yeah, because of your name I checked out "Peasants, Pigs, & Astronauts" from the library here... Great cover for one and I pretty much dug the cd... kind of a retro, 60's, pop, psych kinda thing. Unusual and I liked it! Gonna check out "K" here pretty soon as well.

I like a lotta weird-ass shit that ain't metal too! I find out about all the good bands from Vodheads!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 04, 2002 05:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little pop now and then! Just a little, mind you.
I myself am HUGE into Catherine Wheel and I dig Ride and some Galaxie 500. The Cure are way cool too.
Gee this kind of reminds me of that Guilty Pleasures thread from a while back.
I'll have to check out Kula Shaker for sure. A guy who used to be in my department has a couple of their discs. I'm gonna ask to borrow them.
X-D is right, Vodheads are the people to ask for new music to check out!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 04, 2002 07:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COOL!
Yeah...i highly suggest these songs:

ALBUM: K
Govinda
Tattva
Greatfull when your dead / Gerry was there

ALBUM: Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts
Great Hosannah
Mystical Machine Gun
S.O.S.
108 Battles (of the Mind)

WORTH FINDING:
'The one that got away' Not on any Album.
If anyone wants this song...i can Email it to them. I think it 3-4mb big.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 04, 2002 16:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goooovindaa goovindaa, gooovindaa smthngmumble...is that the song? I saw the video back in 199? when MTV Europe still showed videos which had actual bands playing real music w/ real instruments. For some reason that song stuck inside my head, forever it seems I haven't heard the song since then, but I still remember it quite well. To the library!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 05, 2002 05:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked the K album. The other one didn't really do anything for me. I haven't heard his new band yet. If they come through town, I'll take the old mini-disc player down and rip you a show! Just like someone somewhere MUST have done for one of the recent Voi Vod shows. C'mon somebody?!!!
The Hives are playing at the Reading festival this summer. That's gonna be cool.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 05, 2002 07:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H! Where have you been these days?

The JEEVAS might be at the Reading / Leeds Festivals. Are YOU gonna go to this?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 05, 2002 09:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We've had a four day weekend to party with the Queen mate! I don't have internet access at home so it's just while I'm working... or supposed to be !! I went to see Ozzy at the palace. Dispite my disaproval, it was kinda funny. Maybe that was down to smoking joints and drinking beers in front of a load of police who, very wisely, chose to ignore all that kind of thing! More of that, I say!
Yeah - I'll definately be at the Reading Festival. I love that place... many many gooooood memories!! I'll keep an eye out for Mr Mills new band. I won't be taking any kind of recording equipment though. I'll be far too spazzed to keep an eye on it!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 05, 2002 09:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna see the Hives next Saturday, "we are your new favourite band and I am your new favourite singer." Gotta like their moxy.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan