my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » WE NEED A NEW LIVE ALBUM,NOT BEST OF!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WE NEED A NEW LIVE ALBUM,NOT BEST OF!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 30, 2002 12:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I wrong here? I think not. I really don't give a shit either about a best of. I didn't buy the one that's out now cause I already have everything on it.
I thought,(and I know I'm not alone here)that the songs selected for LIVES were poor choices because they didn't adequately represent the overall output of this band's career. I mean six songs off it are from Negatron(which I consider their worst album). Now it is still worth owning if only for the INCREDIBLE version of Ravenous on it. But I think its pretty obvious that a new live album is sorely needed with six-eight Snake tunes and maybe just two from EF. Throw one or two unreleased tracks also and you'd have one hell of an album.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 30, 2002 13:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There ya go!
I'll buy one!

Yes...we shouldnt OMIT E-Force because a few of us dont like Growling Vocal Tracks.
We DO need more SNAKE for any Live album though.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 30, 2002 15:10     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also an excellent suggestion there Mezcal! I've always felt Lives wasn't an adequate representation of a Voivod live show. Much too Negatron focused (even though most of it was recorded during the Negatron tour).

I also have some serious problems with the mix on some of the CBGB's stuff! Neutronboy2000 hooked me up with the unmixed sounboard tape from that show and for some reason it sounds better than than the album (with the exception of Ravenous through In League With Satan which were mixed differently).

Lives 2.0 would be pretty cool!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 31, 2002 05:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't listen to LIVES very often because of the song selection, but LIVES 2.0 with Belanger singer would be a way better choice than a Best Of 2.0.

Mezcalhead, great idea.

Hell, just release a compilation from all the recent shows they just performed!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 02, 2002 16:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi XD, You say that the uncut version of CBGB's sounds better than the album. Guess what, i have the uncut version of the Dynamo part, that also sounds better. I think the sound of Lives is far to clean.

i disagree with you guys that there is to much EF on the Lives album. Is this not logically? Last 5 times i visited a Voivod concert there was 75% Negatron / Phobos songs. So this album mirrors the last Voivod episode (with Eric) and not the total Voivod
And yes, i like Negatron and Phobos very much for i like the more extreme metal bands. But thanks to you all i learned that the real Voivod indeed is the before AR era!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan