my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » hello Dolly.......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hello Dolly.......
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted May 26, 2002 15:39     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Former LED ZEPPELIN Duo Give "Thumbs Up " To DOLLY PARTON's Version Of "Stairway To Heaven" - May 26, 2002

Former LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page have reportedly given "thumbs up" to Dolly Parton's bluegrass cover of "Stairway To Heaven", which is featured on Parton's upcoming album, Halos And Horns. Dolly's version of the classic rock anthem was changed to incorporate her own ad-libs, which required her to get approval from the original writers and publishers. "I was scared to death to send it to Robert Plant and Jimmy Page," said Parton. "They sent word back that it was fine and they loved it. In fact, Robert Plant said he'd always thought of it as a spiritual song, and he was thrilled we'd used a choir on it, because he thought about that, too. If they like it, that's most important to me. But I do hope the public will accept it too. I even hope they love it."

Any suggestions for other covers she could do? Personally I'd like "Dirt" by the Stooges.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 26, 2002 15:59     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dolly Parton should cover Pre-Ignition.
No, that would suck.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted May 26, 2002 16:35     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nah, it could work.course she'd have to change her wig to a "blacky-esque" shaved down the sides look........
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 26, 2002 17:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didnt she do a Collective Soul song a couple years ago? I think it was "Shine". It was actually more bearable to listen to than the original. hehe. spooky.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 26, 2002 20:32     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Imagine a country-rock version of The Tower w/ as much distortion & reverb as you can imagine added to Dolly's singing...that'd be a chartbuster!
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted May 27, 2002 11:44     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"silicon technology".........."we are augmented!"
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted May 27, 2002 12:57     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dolly Parton should cover Venom's "Witching Hour"! oops, well on second thought...

speaking of Venom, their album "At War With Satan" appeared in our city newspaper in a list of the "uncoolest" album titles of the past 20 years. well, at least they got in the paper

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 27, 2002 13:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JETHRO:
"silicon technology".........."we are augmented!"

...Dimension Funbags...
Enlargement
Tri-bra Convictions
Breastsmongers
Chestocratic Manipulators
Macrosuspension for Megatitties
Boobscan
Psychic Happysacks
Boobic Drama

....Nothingbreast....
The Undressed Knows
Nothingbreast
Astrotitty Domine
Missing Cleanundies
X-Ray Boobjob
Inner Suspension
Bra-Ignition
Into My Hyperboob
Boob-Effect

etc etc etc... look, i could go on forever, somebody stop me.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Skulhed ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 28, 2002 18:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys aren't knocking the Queen of the South now are ya? You got to give her credit for branching out of the typical mainstream country bullshit.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 28, 2002 19:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As well as for being a good songwriter.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 28, 2002 19:33     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps Dolly and Pat Boone could team up for some Heavy Metal duets? I'd love to hear Dolly do a heartfelt rendition of Venom's "The chanting of the priests" or "Warhag"! How about Pat Boone doing a cover of Motorhead's "Jailbait"?
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 28, 2002 20:58     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Macrosuspension for Megatitties"! Really, try singing that out loud! I will never be able to listen to that one again without laughing, thank you very much Skulhed

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: hypergrrl ]

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 29, 2002 01:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
[QB]"Macrosuspension for Megatitties"! Really, try singing that out loud! I will never be able to listen to that one again without laughing, thank you very much Skulhed
QB]

Ah yes.. Finally my twisted sense of humor gets the recognition it so richly deserves Thank you. Oh, thank you.

Actually, i like Dolly. My dad is a big fan of hers, and i told y'all (hehe.. i said "y'all") that i liked what she did what that normally bland Collective Soul song.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan