my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New production for Voivod??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New production for Voivod??
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted May 19, 2002 14:18     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How would you like the new Voivod album to be produced? A combination of some of their previous recordings or something enitrely new? Personally Id like for it to be kind of old sounding, somewhat like Classic Rock. The Beatles meets Zepplin (though Im not a huge Zepplin fan I love their production) meets Pik Floyd's live sound on "Live At Pompeii".
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 19, 2002 15:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Everyone already knows who i like as Producer.

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted May 19, 2002 20:40     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i hope Voivod continues with their futuristic sounds. I'd like to hear more sound effects in their stuff, maybe they could use those weird horn-synth sounds TOOL use at the beginning of track 2 on Aenima.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 20, 2002 09:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The should just record the motherfucker already... mike the drums, mike the amps, cue tape, rollin'!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 20, 2002 20:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know one thing. I wish the VoiVod rhythm section would be recorded like the last Flaming Lip's album SOFT BULLETIN bass and drums. I've never heard bass and drums anywhere sound that fantastic. I think they need to talk with Wayne.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 20, 2002 21:29     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think Wayne speaks french, haw haw. Maybe Voivod could work with David Fridmann who produced The Soft Bulletin as well as Steve Burn's (Blue's Clues) 'Songs for Dustmites'.
Eric
VoivodFan
Member # 10

posted May 21, 2002 10:14     Profile for Eric   Email Eric     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why not let Blacky produce it ?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 22, 2002 07:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I don't think Wayne speaks french, haw haw. Maybe Voivod could work with David Fridmann who produced The Soft Bulletin as well as Steve Burn's (Blue's Clues) 'Songs for Dustmites'.

Damn, I keep forgetting about the language hang-up. How about if they brought you into the studio to translate? We have to get Wayne out of Oklahoma! So you're a Lips fan Noitall??? That's cool. If they could only achieve the (rythym section)sound that they got on the song A SPOONFUL WEIGHS A TON....

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 22, 2002 18:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been a Flaming Lips fan since I saw them in the late 80's with about 20 other people in a teeny tiny little club that's long gone. Translating hurts my brain. They should ask Skul, he likes doing that stuff. Right Skul?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 22, 2002 18:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sure, i'm open to all sorts of things. I'm just good like that.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan