my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzy to play for Queen

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzy to play for Queen
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 15, 2002 12:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The cheese stands alone...

AP, London — Ozzy Osbourne, the heavy metal singer and star of a TV reality series, has been added to the lineup of a concert to mark Queen Elizabeth's 50 years on the British throne.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 15, 2002 12:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall!!!
Are you back???
Still out West???
Whats going on????

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 15, 2002 12:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah... if it isnt my favorite slutcake

Glad to read you again... please make this board suck less. Nobody (myself included) cant come up with interesting topics lately.

...or else i'll ask everyone "Hey, what's your favorite color????????". Bah.

We have no lives. It's pathetic.

Oh, and Johnny Lydon should headline that Queen show. That'd be cool.

[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: Skulhed ]

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 15, 2002 12:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard about this man.... I think this whole ozzy things gotten outta hand now. The rest of the bill is full of the shittest most disgusting so called 'music'. It's a shame that a man involved in creating the basis of heavy rock music should be associated with these talentless puppets. I hope he tells them all to fuck off on live TV.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 15, 2002 13:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with you H! I dig Ozzy, especially the almighty Sabbath years, but I don't really care to see him become a mainstream pop icon to the non-metal, non-Sabbath appreciating, masses of 9to5 slobs who just think he's some funny town-idiot!

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I believe there's an ongoing media campaign to discredit and portray heavy music as rediculous, non-essential, and generally no longer important in the world of popular music today!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 15, 2002 13:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D...I agree with you. It seems that more and more, the Media & Entertainment Industry in general are trying to discredit Heavy Metal. You notice the way Metal always gets blamed when something bad in the world happens. True Metal lovers (like us) are getting fewer and fewer...because all our kids are growing up on all that Boom-Boom-Hip-Hop-Jigetty-Jiggetty-Baby-got-Back CRAP!
Either that, or the Mindless, Talentless Dance-Club-Freeform-Rave-Techno-Babble CRAP!

What we need folks is to EDUCATE our Children properly with a good dose of VOIVOD Killing Technology!

Oh!...and Skulhed...my Favorite Colors are Orange & Black. Like on the Arrows Formula 1 Race Cars! HEY! YOU ASKED!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 15, 2002 21:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, you are correct as usual.

I hope Ozzy bites the head off the old bat.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 15, 2002 22:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey hey, I'm still on the West Coast, hanging with the Clark Parkers--or not--the Iron Gang would be the only gang I would run with, lol. Actually speaking of running, I did run into Mr. El-Indio at The Gay, who rocked.

That's an interesting insight X-D, do you think it has anything to do with the aging population romanticizing the heavy music of their youth and the industry responding by trying to soften it up for re-saleability (is that I word, I don't know)?

Oh, black for clothing always--it's so slimming.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted May 16, 2002 04:39     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm kinda torn on this whole thing. When I first heard about the royal concerts I thought that he should have had nothing to do with it. But, after mulling it over I guess why shouldn't he? How many performers from his era are still in any way relevent to anyone under the age of 40? It'd be a crime if he doesn't get the recognition that he (and importantly the other members of Sabbath deserve).We should really be celebrating that someone from the metal community is even considered for these kind of events - if it does become "acceptable" - so what ? - at least we might get some descent music in the media in this country.
It's just a shame that the royal family has to be involved.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 17, 2002 05:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think he should steer clear. The fuckwits involved with this event are all those who spent a lifetime slagging off anything remotely metal orientated. All of a sudden he's a household name, and these same muppets have dollar signs in thier eyes. Fuck them, and the horse they rode in on.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 17, 2002 06:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with h on this one. Jethro, buddy, recognition from the Queen??? This means recognition by the establishment and that idea I find very unattractive. That's what I always liked about metal was that it always was outside the "norm" in society. When it becomes accepted by the mainstream(Ozzy is a bad example because he's been a solid part of the mainstream for a long time)they are no longer legitimate to me as artists.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 17, 2002 09:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always lose in coin-toss if i bet on the Queen anyway, so fuck her.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 17, 2002 12:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone notice that John Lydon was invited, but not the Sex Pistols (who are reforming this summer). I guess that means a rendition of God Save the Queen is out...
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 18, 2002 13:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with you all, money is good, but maybe not to the point that one loses his own dignity.

On the other hand, not one, but three favourite colors: RED, BLACK and WHITE, the colors of the almighty SÃO PAULO FUTEBOL CLUBE, two times world champion!!!

QUEBRA TUUUUUDO, TRICOLOR!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 18, 2002 17:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Red, Black and White are cool.
I wonder what the colors are for the Football Club that H likes.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted May 19, 2002 08:16     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Jethro, buddy, recognition from the Queen??? "

ha ha ha ha !!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 20, 2002 04:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula.... Black n White

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: h ]

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan