my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » rediscovering CORONER (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: rediscovering CORONER
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2007 15:06     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to this forum I discovered Coroner. I vaguely remember hearing them back in the day, but I guess I wasn't paying attention back then. After reading all the praise for them here, I snatched Grin as soon as I saw it at a CD shop in Grand Forks. Great album.
 |  IP: Logged
Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted July 21, 2007 07:00     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, Coroner !
I totally miss them, it's even worse living in the same city as they do.
Little anecdote:
I took my only two bass lessons with Ron Royce, an excuse to sneak into the fold like a groupie, haha.
Gigs were always crushing, great live band.
Cheers from the city of Celtic Frost and Coroner,
S.

--------------------

What the...?

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted July 21, 2007 07:05     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I really should go into their records again and stop listening to Chick Corea's Spain (because I love Scientology, eheh) and Deicide's HOMAGE FOR SATAN all the time(aaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh).
S.

--------------------

What the...?

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted August 04, 2007 00:04     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...It's almost been "eons" since I last posted anything here...the humid weather is relentless,like "high-blast ionization" in H-Town..anyways,Coroner were/are one of my favorite "metal left-whichway zone thrash" bands! I wasnt enamored at all by the more conscious strains of linear rock structures that crept into their later compositions, the "dance dunce!" remix of "GRIN"(Nails)-I forgot the complete title of this-was horrendous to say the least.They played in Houston back in 1990 w/Atrophy and Forced Entry at this lame cock-rock venue but they were awesome,they played all early stuff,"Masked Jackal"."Sudden Fall"...etc-I wished I taped that show! Anyways, they put out a "comeback" cd called "Autism". I've been looking for this damn thing for years-I know someone has to have a copy! I know it exists because it was listed among a top 10 metal maniacs writer's favorite...Anyways,I want to quickly send best regards to the "old Iron guard" who still post regularly here-X-D!...Neverman..Paul..Schroeder..Skulhed-Sulut,you chaosmongers!!! Deceased is supposed to be here on the 16th-King,if you're reading the forum you guys got to do a Voivod cover this time when ya play and I'll be right up front!!

....Watch out,here comes the troop..."

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 04, 2007 02:08     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
L O FUCKIN L.

ok, since this thread wont' die, I WILL once again enforce my love for the most underated of all underated metal bands...."COR-ON-A"!

ahem...first of all the alleged 'Autism' thingy never existed, so stop looking for that, like today, ok? Second, they ain' never coming back cause Marquis is bored with metal and prefers techno. Ron is too busy earing an actual paycheck, and Tommy can get by playing studio session gigs or teaching arrepegios to teenagers.

I would love to see McTallica 'cover' a Coroner song in this day and age to regain their 'metal cred'. Just Imagine Hetfield singing 'Internal Conflicts' from the GRIN album.....it would be awesome....

And yes.....I had have been dranking to-might!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 04, 2007 11:58     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I snatched Grin as soon as I saw it at a CD shop in Grand Forks.

You said "snatched" hehe hehe "snatch" hehe.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan