my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Thank you Fantomas (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Thank you Fantomas
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 05, 2002 21:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been stuck inside my miserable little hacienda all weekend trying to fight my way through two take-home exams. Do you know what is keeping me from impaling myself with my chainsaw? Fantomas(the first one). Yes, the insanity of this music is somehow making sense of my current state of duress. I must also thank the Great General X-D for the copy he sent me.
Okay, next question, "Define Constructivism and discuss its fundamental concepts..." AARRGHHHHHHH!!

WHERE'S MY FUCKING SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 05, 2002 22:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOOD LUCK MEZCAL
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 05, 2002 22:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, good luck dude. I can't concentrate on anything when I've got music on except the music itself. What are the exams for?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 05, 2002 22:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Teaching the youth of America.

"Okay, today class I want us to hold off on the Gettysburg Address and focus on the third album of the Canadian Metal band called VoiVod. Somebody tell me what the Order of the Blackgaurds is about."(As I throw up an overhead of the cover art)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2002 08:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I keep telling all you Folks that are in SCHOOL (VN, Mezcalhead, etc..) to BURN ALL THOSE BOOKS, Grab some Beer & Weed...and put on Killing Technology and FORGET THE FUTURE!

Turn-on, Tune-in, Drop-out! I love Timothy Leary.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 06, 2002 10:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcal, forget about defining constructivism. From a post-structural perspective history engages in the fabrication of metaphysical narratives that bear an arbitrary relationto reality anyway. Therefore the writing of historical narratives can only be regarded as an exercise in mythmaking.

So have a beer instead and turn the music UP.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 06, 2002 19:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Mezcal, forget about defining constructivism. From a post-structural perspective history engages in the fabrication of metaphysical narratives that bear an arbitrary relationto reality anyway. Therefore the writing of historical narratives can only be regarded as an exercise in mythmaking.

So have a beer instead and turn the music UP.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

So what's wrong with myths?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 06, 2002 22:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, nothing is wrong with myths. Myths institutionalized as gospel truth is something else altogether.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 07, 2002 05:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it when the mouse hits the cat on the head with the big hammer.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 07, 2002 07:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhh..huh...huhuh...you said "fabrication of metaphysical narratives"...heheheh...ummm..."O let me not be mad, not mad, sweet heaven! I would not be mad. Keep me in temper, I would not be mad." Yeah!

I'm stuck inside my upside down hypercube with gallons of coffee and a bunch of plays. I think I'm losing it soon...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 09, 2002 00:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
V-N, do not listen to Noitall. She is trying to disrupt our work. Her and Kula. Troublemakers! What play are you talking about? Shakepeare? Ol' Bill. We actually have a great statue of him at the museum where I work. If you are reciting lines from a play you are definitely working too hard. I just finished tonight. I'm completely wasted right now. Five beers and I'm done for. Listening to Fantomas. Just turned midnight. My cats are inside and they're freaking me out. I think they're watching me. I can't take it anymore. Stop watching me you BASTARDS... And I'm having trouble typing...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh!!!!!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 09, 2002 18:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See? THATS exactly what i mean.

SCHOOL BOOKS are BAD for you!
Its rotting your Brain & Stressing you out!

Once again...BURN those School Books...Take some Drugs...Drink a lot...Play 'Killing Technology'...and for Mezcalhead, take your Guns and go SHOOT that Statue of Shakespear!

For VN...go out and do whatever havoc you can there in Finland.

Do it now...or i'll get SATAN on you!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 10, 2002 05:06     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcalhead, kick that statue in the nuts for me! I'm currently doing an analytic comparison of the tragic heroes on King Lear and Othello, and it's killing me! Only two more pages to go...

King Kula, you're one crazy fellow! It even says so in King Lear!

GL:
Come hither, friend; where is the King my master?
KENT: Here, sir, but trouble him not; his wits are gone.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 10, 2002 08:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck V-N. Sounds pretty intense. And that quote from Lear definitely applies to Kula.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted May 10, 2002 19:05     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THATS IT!

I'm comin down to Georgia to open a can of WHIPASS!
(And on Charlie Daniels Band while i'm at it.)

As far as YOU...VN...there in Finland...

An Extra 3 Feet of Snow for you soon!
Otherwise...we can settle this in a Hockey Game.

VN versus SATAN in the Stanley Deathcup Game!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 13, 2002 02:55     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by satan:

As far as YOU...VN...there in Finland...

An Extra 3 Feet of Snow for you soon!
Otherwise...we can settle this in a Hockey Game.

VN versus SATAN in the Stanley Deathcup Game!

I see pitch black clouds hanging over our little town! I better get my skates on.

Tell your sissy friend Satan to get ready. I'll tackle him so hard to the boards he'll scream for Jesus!

BTW, is this an one-on-one game? Who'll be the goalies? Our hockey enthusiasts hypergrlll and Noitall could be fitting picks!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 13, 2002 11:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall & Hypergrrl dont like Sports.

I will pick JOSEPH from Toronto to be Satan's Goalie.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 15, 2004 16:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who's heard the new fantomas, delirium cordia? a US tour with melt banana is supposed to happen sometime in march/april.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 15, 2004 19:54     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my sister bought me a copy for my b-day, havent got it yet, tho. supposed to be one long ambient track. YES to fantomas/ melt~banana touring, YES~

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 16, 2004 22:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where the hell did you dig up this old thread from??? Wow! Yeah, you and me tuna in ATL for that show.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 17, 2004 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall and Hypergrrl don't like sports. Yeah, I think S.B. and I got all of the sport genes in this family. And Mez, are you still needing that saw? I could take a nice saw to the head lately myself. At least I'm auditing one of my classes, so regardless of some of the boring reading material, I don't have to take the exams or write the papers. YEAH!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 20, 2004 05:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yeah, you and me tuna in ATL for that show.

"tuna"...?

Is that a typo or does it have some meaning? I'm just curious because I sort of have English as a hobby (and a source of income in the near future, hopefully).

BTW Mez, I still haven't found a TV capable of showing NTSC picture, so I'm still unable to comment on that bluegrass stuff! Talk about slow action!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 20, 2004 06:54     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
supposedly "thon" = "tuna" in french. im C-Tuna. arent canadian people cute?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 21, 2004 07:44     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha! Thanks for clearing that up, Cthon

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 17, 2004 01:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to see Fantomas in a couple of weeks. I want to meet Dave Lombardo. I might play stupid and ask him if he's in any other bands--HAHAHA!!! He'll probably say "Yeah, I was in Grip Inc. for a while".

The first Fantomas album is whack. Brilliant. I shouldn't say this but I purposefully went through that one on a bunch of dust one day. (No, I do not normally do that stuff, but my crazy ass got the idea to listen to this CD on it.)

I didn't know what to think. Every syllable and note went in whatever direction you took it. I thought I was IN the fucking story! Everything became very ambiguous...I thought I was really grasping the essence of the album. Little did I know it was basically a big delusion I was creating. Needless to say, it was fun but I am not gonna do that to myself again.

I think those mofo's were on some serious shit when they created this one. Serious brain damage happening. This is all just my opinion, of course.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan