my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » FISHBONE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FISHBONE
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 05, 2002 18:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone here dig FISHBONE?

They are actually playing Monday night in a small bar in Ocean City Maryland (where I work...not the bar, the town) and I am fuckin psyched!!!

Nothing remotely cool comes to this town because the city council members have their heads up their arses and they think it's 'bad music'. So when I heard about FISHBONE playing I went apeshit with excitement!!! I've seen these guys a few times through their career and they ALWAYS put on an engergy filled show of their original METAL/REGGAE/SKA/FUNK/ROCK/SOUL/GROOVE music.

YEA BABY finally gonna have some fun!!!

as you can tell I don't get out much to see shows

|  IP: Logged
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted May 11, 2002 04:39     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Fishbone at lollapalosers in '94 with Alice (rest in peace Layne) TOOL and Primus. Very fun show here in Washington State. I recall it was hot as fuck! Fishbone put on an awesome show and i wish i could've seen them again. Their control over the sunburned crowd was intense..

St. Michael
webmaster@http://www.celticfrost.com
ARE YOU STILL MORBID?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 11, 2002 07:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The show was Great!!!
They still have the power and energy they had 9 years ago when I last saw them. I think I was the oldest one there which surprised me that there was so many new fans who were into them.

As soon as the band hit the first note the floor was moving, bouncing, and slamming. They played an excellent selection of new and old tunes and it made for a memorable night.

It was fun to be at a show where people were totally into the music and having fun. The sound was a bit muddy but the bands vibe made up for it!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan