my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Streaming Voivod...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Streaming Voivod...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 01, 2002 15:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah yeah, "real" audio files suck ass, but for those of you dying to hear some rare tracks, I point you in this direction...
CLICK HERE!

Some cool audio files here, most importantly Voivod, but also Celtic Frost, Kreator, Destruction, Bathory, and Sodom. I emailed the guy about possible a possible cdr trade (being local and all), but haven't heard back from him... man I'm getting that a lot lately. Anyhow, thought you guys might dig it.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: X-D ]

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 01, 2002 15:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still cant believe that people still believe those Bathory tunes are actual demos. They're fake ones. They're basically officially released songs from the Scandinavian Metal Attack LP's (and available on the Jubileum compilations) dubbed like 3000 times. Same with the rest of em... over-dubbed versions of the debut album songs.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Skulhed ]

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 03, 2002 20:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This guy is a comedic gem. From MortiisCentral:

Mortiis isn't a freak of nature; he is the embodiment of greatness and exploration most are too scared to discover. But it's never too late to unearth the truth for yourself, but if you're still confused then "think of me as a human being with seven thousand issues!" As Mortiis states himself!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 04, 2002 07:41     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a Norwegian black metal special on a local TV metal show last night, and some members of Dark Throne were interviewed. When they were asked about how they would define their music they said that they sound "like a medieval castle" (!), whereas some other Norwegian bands sound more like "the lepers outside the castle." First I thought they were joking but as the interview went on, it became clear that these gyus were actually very serious...it just cracked me up!

Oh yeah, a Mortiis video was also shown later in the program...no wonder many people think metal is for idiots only

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 04, 2002 08:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, V-N! What the fuck does a medieval castle "sound" like? Yeah, these guys are a riot. What's funny to me about it is that they try to come off as SERIOUS-MINDED, INTENSE SPIRITS WANDERING THE BARREN DESERT OF LIFE TRYING TO FIND THE "TRUTH". On the Mortiis site he said (or I should say it was reported)that Mortiis spent a lot of time walking through the forests of Norway. Deep, man, deep. What the fuck is so important about walking through the woods and how the hell does that make you more legitimate than Blink-182? And why are you wearing the halloween troll mask? Dude, that is not the way to get chicks. But he's probably above the groupie scene too. Yeah right.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 05, 2002 18:43     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Mortiis.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 05, 2002 19:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why? Am I missing something?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 05, 2002 21:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mortiis is embarrassing.

I'm not one of those "If it's not metal, it must be gay" type of guys but when i see people call Mortiis *metal*, i cringe. It's like, what the fuck?! Perhaps it's only based on the fact that he was once in Emperor, but then again... bah!

One of the coolest poke at Mortiis i've ever seen was on the Infernalcombustion.com site... some headline like "Mortiis Critically Injured in a Game of -Got Yer Nose-".
hehe.
http://www.infernalcombustion.com/Issue7/ic_mortiis.htm

[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: Skulhed ]

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan