my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stupid Link of the Day - How to be A Successful Rock Star

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid Link of the Day - How to be A Successful Rock Star
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 01, 2002 11:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~imagine/successfulrocker.htm
quote:
Being a rock star means that you’re gonna go to a lot a parties, and you have to be up to the challenge. It’s like a boxer training for the championship fight, or getting ready for the SuperBowl, or World Series. You have to train, and practice, and train, and practice. Simply stated, that means DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. I know, it’s a tough job, but you can do it. You’ll know that you’re getting close when you can finish a bottle of Jack Daniels, and live to tell about it. If you can think of drinking any time within a week after Jack, you’re definitely getting there. You will have to, as much as it pains me to say this, stay away from beer. Rock Stars don’t have beer bellies.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Noitall ]

|  IP: Logged
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 01, 2002 19:57     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH NOOOOO!!! I just picked up a couple of cases of beer for the weekend! And I just recently gained 5 pounds - all in the gut! Does this mean I'm disqualified!?! I'm starting to feel anxious! And when I get anxious, I usually run to the fridge - for a beer!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2002 23:28     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like you have "Pot-Belly Syndrome" El Indio! But dont worry. If you cant be the "Rock Star"...then at least you can be the DRUMMER for the "Rock Star."

It is a Requirement that all Drummers drink a lot of Beer...then move on to a lot of VODKA. (But only if you are on Anti-Alcohol Medication and play in Led Zepplin.)
...Eventually you will just EXPLODE...and be replaced by a new Drummer. This has happened a lot with that Spinal Tap Band.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 02, 2002 20:46     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I resaw that first Spinal Tap show a few days ago. Still hilarious! "Working on a sexfarm..." Also just rewatched Airplane for the umpteenth time. "Oh stewardess, I speak Jive..." As far as drinking beer goes, luckily I started drinking it young which means that I was too drunk to do the Bon Jovi thing! As for being a drummer...

A drummer, tired of being ridiculed by his peers, decides to learn how to play some "real" musical instruments. He goes to a music store, walks in, approaches the store clerk, and says "I'll take that red trumpet over there and that accordion." The store clerk looks at him a bit funny, and replies "OK, you can have the fire extinguisher but the radiator's got to stay".

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan