my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stupid Link of the Day - Christian Analysis of American Culture

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid Link of the Day - Christian Analysis of American Culture
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 29, 2002 12:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Christian Analysis of American Culture (CAP)

Movie reviews galore. Get the skivvy from the men (and women) of God.

LITTLE NICKY (PG-13) -- every bit as R as any other R-rated movie.

I cannot see how the MPAA could have possibly felt Little Nicky was PG-13. It is every bit as R as any other R-rated movie. It pushes the envelope to the max in just about every manner of irresponsible and immoral behavior and imagery possible, thus taking advantage of a new technique of using many "lesser" issues of ignominy to get the same "high" found in a few bold issues in more severely rated programming. Equating the issue of ignominy in entertainment to drug effects is appropriate since:

"We have been so drugged by vulgar extremes that what once was morally unacceptable has become morally invisible." -CAP-

The basics of the story are a son of Satan trying to save his father from deteriorating to nothingness. For 10,000 years Satan has ruled Hell. Though due for retirement Satan has decided, rather than turn over the kingdom to one of his sons Nicky (Adam Sandler), Cassius (Tommy Lister Jr) or Adrian (Rhys Ifans), to continue to rule another 10,000 years. Cassius and Adrian didn't like that. In rebellion Cassius and Adrian leave Hell and in doing so freeze the flames of Hell [Mark 9:48]. This causes Satan to physically fall to pieces since while the flames are frozen no more souls can get into Hell and Satan has no more "nourishment." Concerned about his father, Nicky (Adam Sandler), Satan's third son leaves to follow his brothers to NYC to capture them in a bottle given to him by his father and bring them back to Hell [Rev. 1:18]

I am bewildered that this movie was given a PG-13 by the MPAA. Little Nicky was equivalent to R-rated programming of the developmental comparative baseline database of 39 random movies in all CAP Investigation Area but Drugs/Alcohol and Murder/Suicide. This movie earned a score of 35. R-rated movies of the baseline database earned 54 and below. Though Little Nicky is supposed to be a humorous movie filled with toilet humor, we radical right wing stuffed shirts will find little humor in it.

Example programming included stripping to underwear before a child, portrayal of demons/devils, shoving a pineapple into Hitler's anus while dressed as a ballerina, female breasts forming atop a bald man's head, bodies falling through flames, "I've always wanted to kill somebody - let me!" [Deut. 5:17], expressions of sexual perversion [Jude 7] and homosexual mannerisms [Rom. 1:27], a huge male bird raping a man, replacing a rabbit's ear [mockery of Luke 22:50-51], calling evil good and good evil [Is. 5:20], Satan's wife as a angel, false portrayal of Hell [Rom. 16:17-18], wanton revelry [2 Pet. 2:13], vulgar expressions [Eph. 5:4], ....... This movie took three pages of line items to annotate all the ignominies. I am sure there were more than I was able to capture. And there are far oo many to even summarize here. I will let the listing in the Findings/Scoring section tell the complete story as best I could keep up with it. Little Nicky is essentially equivalent to South Park: BLU using Hitler instead of Hussein, live actors instead of cartoon characters, and a war between father and sons instead of mothers and Canada ... and rated PG-13 instead of R. Definitely an R-13.
null

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 29, 2002 13:18     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F'kin whaaaaat?????
Have you read the Harry Potter review on that site! I think they saw a different movie to the one I watched!!! And I wanna see their version! Look at this shit:
Quote: "Now comes Harry Potter presenting evil as something to admire and emulate; something to use against evil. Using evil for good? Do you hear what that is saying? You cannot make something light with darkness and something sweet with bitterness...... By the way, Harry converses with a snake in this movie. Not a cow, not a dog, not a cat, but a snake. And the Alchemist who made the Sorcerer's Stone 665 years old..... This movie earned a CAP final score of 55. Offense to God, Wanton Violence/Crime and Impudence/Hate earned scores equivalent to R-rated programming."

These guys are fucking twisted! Lighten up will yer!!!!

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted April 29, 2002 13:38     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall,
I gotta thank you for this! This is hands down the most entertaining site I've seen in ages.A particular favourite of mine was the referance to "suggestive eye movements" in the beverley hillbillies! Absolutely fantastic.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 29, 2002 14:13     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did someone mention my friend SATAN?

Everyone just needs to glue theyre eyes and mouths shut & stuff peanut butter in theyre ears.

That way nothing "Immoral" to the Christians, can corrupt you.

In the Words of SLAYER...and Directed towards anything Christian:

"PRAISE-HAIL SATAN!"

Have a nice Day.

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: King Kula Shaker ]

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: King Kula Shaker ]

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 30, 2002 07:42     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is just the western equal of the islamic fundamentalist extremists IMHO. A bunch of holier-than-thou assholes telling everyone what's right and what's wrong, using Bible as a tool to manipulate people. These guys aren't what I'd call 'real' Christians. These fuckers need to read their bibles again to realize that they're no better than anyone else.

We also have these kind of people, especially in the northern regions of Finland. They're so busy defying Satan all day that they miss their whole God-given life. They see devils in every corner and spend hours every day to search for signs of evil in everything. They take pride in their 'high morals' and, even though they don't openly admit it because it's considered sin, think themselves better than us 'pagan' motherfuckers.

What also makes me wonder is, from the little knowledge I have of the bible's teachings, why don't they heed their master's advice? Jesus's words "Don't be afraid" stuck to my mind when I went to sunday school as a kid. That's excactly what these people are, afraid! Afraid of demons, damnation, sin, the antichrist, the end of the fucking world, Kenny dying violently, f-words, corruption of morals, beautiful sex, fantasy literature, video games, evil youth-spoiling musicians in league with satan, wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt, whatever comes to mind. They've misunderstood the whole 'lamb of God' metaphor. Bäääää!

I'm pretty sure that if J.C. would pop in for a quick visit as a human on earth, he'd feel very sorry for these people. IMHO they're much farther from salvation than they think. They just cite the big B but don't practice what they preach.

Huh...I got carried away a bit here...anyway, the link was very funny, thanks! But at the same time it makes me sad, somehow. Such a waste of life.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan