my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Toronto show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toronto show
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted April 28, 2002 10:51     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright - The Toronto show last night was awesome. There were over 1000 people easily and Voviod was fucking great. Snake had the whole crowd watching him. He was quite the frontman again as usual. They played from 10:15-11:00 and blew away the other 2 openers. They had to cut Blackguards out of the set cause they ran out of time. Obviously they couldn't do Astronomy either. Piggy's guitar went out completely during the song Voivod but he grabbed a backup and didn't miss much. I'm not sure if anyone got a camera in to the show or not. I didn't even try. I know I saw a video camera at the sound board going though....
My mind is blank right now so ask me any questions about the show if you have them. But the show rocked!

|  IP: Logged
AllMan
VoivodFan
Member # 25

posted April 28, 2002 12:26     Profile for AllMan   Email AllMan     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey TwinDummy,

Did they have cool lights set up at the show? I always liked the strobe lights Voivod usually have on tribal and sometimes on warriors. Did Snake have any interesting dialogue in between songs? Any mention of new album comments?

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted April 28, 2002 22:46     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula and Allman - The bassist was good. I thought he did a good job at both shows. The only thing questionable was the into to Overreaction in Hamilton but it sounded much better in Toronto. As far as the stage and lights - It was cool. It was a big stage. The place was huge. However - Voivod didn't have anything special for their light show. No strobe or anything. And as for Motorhead, I didn't even see them. I had a 2 hour ride ahead of me and I saw Voivod which is the only reason I went. I know alot of people will think I'm nuts... Sorry man....

The mix was better but it was kinda muddy up front. Couldn't hear Piggy's riffs very clear. It probably sounded better in the back.

Snake didn't have much time to talk in between songs cause they were kinda being rushed. It sucked they had a song cut out of the set. He didn't mention the new album at all. He did say something like 'It feels great to be back with my brothers' and mentioned something before the song 'Voivod' about still singing it 20 years later.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan